This scene bummedd me out because i think it's how it is in real life...

this scene bummedd me out because i think it's how it is in real life. i have a fear of missing out but no one would tell you if you missed out you just can speculate

You just described the frustration I get when I see other people having fun. The main reason I hated facebook. Seeing people have friends that go to festivals and being out of the loop even with the people I knew. My teens and 20s wasted.
I'm 28 now.

Read "The Fall".
It's short.

Everyone has a fear of missing out. It's why social networks work.

Is that Randy from My Name Is Earl on the left?

The fat nazi from American History X, yes.

Link? I'm not sure which thing with "fall" in it I'm supposed to read

what anime?

I was so scared of 'wasting' my teens that I went really hard and generally acted like a bit of dick but had fun I guess
I'm approaching my mid 20s now and find myself slowing down. But it's not really that upsetting because I know I had fun when I was younger and don't feel the urge to anymore

Basically what I'm saying is that if you know you did cool, awesome things then fuck other people because what they're doing is probably shit
If you didn't do cool, awesome things then do it now. Spend a month travelling around and staying in hostels, getting drunk every night with strangers

by albert camus

>Basically what I'm saying is that if you know you did cool, awesome things

lol my late teens/early 20s consisted of getting high/drunk and watching movies in my bedroom alone

now i'm 26 and i have a feeling i missed out on one of the best parts of life.

I spent about 3 or 4 years "living life" and acting like a total degenerate and now I'm completely over it and feel no better than I did before

You'll get more benefit from reading some Chuang Tzu than you would from going out partying, getting laid, etc

you're not alone breh

Every time I think I have a good life I just read some blind items and remind myself people are living better

>If you didn't do cool, awesome things then do it now. Spend a month travelling around and staying in hostels, getting drunk every night with strangers

>Seeing people have friends that go to festivals and being out of the loop even with the people I knew.

>go to one of these parties or other events all these images and stories and whatever come from
>it's literally nothing
It's like they're all acting it was better than it was. Like a mutual deception. They all know it isn't really all that but pretend it is so everyone looks better for it.

yeah, i can't do that. i work 40 hours a week just to not be kicked out of my apartment. i don't have the money to "spend a month travelling". it's just past my time i guess

>seeing people have friends and go out and etc.
I don't even care anymore and I'm 26. I've got a couple of good friends and that's fine with me.

Your job sounds shit and your apartment too
Quit your job, put your stuff in storage and go do something fun so that you don't commit suicide in 5 years time

are you retarded? or rich? that's not how this works. i'm making a comfortable living but i don't have the luxury to just up and leave.

You could become and alcoholic, but if you go real hard it may put your job in jeopardy. If you like to drink, doing it all the time will provide this huge burst of things seeming like they're happening all the time, virtually anything is fun, albeit in an illusory way. It's dangerous for a lot of reasons though, so only do it if you truly don't give a fuck about anything.

Still so young. Just start doing those things now. It doesn't start getting weird until you're like 40.

>you could become an alcoholic

my time not spent at work is spent getting drunk. the only next logical step is to be getting drunk at work. i think that'll come with time.

You have to go with a group of friends senpai.

I did.

I go sometimes at crowded parties with friends where people dance and stuff. I just feel uncomfortable. Not even embarassed or freaking out about doing/not doing things, just uncomfortable. If you force yourself to do things because you'll "miss out" you won't have a great time regardless.

No, you don't have the balls to just get up and leave

Yeah. I feel the exact same way at parties like that