4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

switch the 6 and 7, then you'll be perfect.

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 1

4 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 2 >>> spinoff space opera

>fan fiction above canon

5 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1

>propagating the 6 > 7

Fuck you faggot plebs

There is nothing in TFA that's on the level of the speeder chase, the throne room scene, or Vader's sacrifice. Also, Rey is a totally shit protagonist compared to Luke.

5>4>>3>>>>>>

Wait, what I meant to say is you're propagating the 7 > 6 meme

I agree but I'd switch 5 and 4

reminder that anyone who doesn't put 7 dead fucking last is a legit pleb.

cry more.

cry more.

>There is nothing in TFA
Could've stopped right there.
And you're right.

4 = 5 > 6 > POWERGAP > 3 > 2 = 1 = 7

invalid post.

nobody cares prequelbab

it's official

this

You have to understand one thing: For all the shit the prequels get, most of it is from people who didn't watch them when they came out, because they were too young. These are the people who missed out on both the original trilogy AND the prequels.

They copied the hate for the prequels to fit in with the jaded autists who are now in their 40s.

So for those people, it's their first star wars release that they are actively part of, so they HAVE to like it, it's like "shit, I wanna belong to this fandom, because I missed the two previous trains". So they blindly hype it, completely ignore all flaws. They're forcing themselves. And they'll defend this movie to the death. Every reviwer that uses phrases like "the first good star wars movie since 19xx" falls into the same category of youngsters who have no taste.

These people, from a subconscious fear of never really being part of this fandom, are now praising the movie to be the next coming of christ. Everyone who isn't still shitting their diapers and can actually judge the movie objectively will tell you: This one is the worst of the bunch.
Yes, worse than the prequels. It's like a chinese knockoff of star wars, bearing nothing that made the previous 6 movies charming (I say charming and not good, because they were both good at something, but not at the same thing". The only thing this has in common with star wars is the title. It's blatant nostalgia fanwank down to copying most of the plot from ANH, ripping off all major setpieces and shoehorning an "epic phrase" ála "i have a bad feeling about this" in the dialogue every 2-3 minutes.
Do me a favor and watch the prequels when you have the time again, just do it, and try to note how much they relied on recalling the original trilogy. It's not a lot. That's why the prequels, while having a different focus than the OT, succeed as a movie series. This movie does not

pasta alert. opinion invalid.

move along.

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

VII was what happens when TV Tropes makes Star Wars.

The only thing VII had going for it was Han, Leia, Luke together again for the first time in 30 years. The load has now been blown.

Objectively correct.

3>1>2>6>4>5>7

i was a little disappointed. for the yearly family reunion, my family talks about star wars and were even hyped when this piece of fucking shit was coming out.
nobody even talked about it this year.
eat shit abrams.

This is the official reddit rating:
7>5>4>6>3>1>2

This is the official Sup Forums rating:
3>4>1>2>5>6>7

not even good bait

6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 7 > 1

>Han, Leia, Luke together
>together

5 > 4 > power gap > 6 > 7 > power gap > 3 > 1 > 2

in the same movie mister achtuallly aspergers

5 > 4 > 8 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 1

5 > 4 > 6 >> 7 = 3 >>> 1 >> 2

If you honestly think that 7 is worse than any of the prequels...

I get that it's not the most original movie ever. It's 80% fan service

But liking "I don't like Sand" and "Nooooooo" more than that....

Come on...

Personal list: 5>4+6>7>Rebels>Clone Wars>Holiday Special>Those weird Ewok Movies>Star Wars Kinect>3>2>1

>It's 80% fan service

It's 100% A New Hope

BEN SOLO
SANITATION TROOPER
PORKINS JR
DEATH STAR 3

Kyle Katarn>>>>>> 4=6>>>>>This the only objective veiw on the Star Wars universe

5>4>6>rogue one>3>1>7>2

It had to establish itself as set after and in the same world as the well remembered old Star Wars movies in order to distance itself from the mostly hated (rightfully so) prequel movies. They wanted to hook the old fans as well as the new.

Did they go too far in a few places? ^^ Yup! The whole "Death Star but bigger" thing was meh. But I enjoyed the Han Solo smuggeling cthullu monsters scene more than all 3 prequels combined. The movie wasn't deep or utterly mesmerizingly original. But it was fun. Unlike other movies I could once again mention. But if you like trade federation talks and CGI Lizard riding as well as Lucas' Dialogue more... more power to ya, sir and or madam

Also chewbacca should have died being crushed by a moon, that was badass as well as highly unlikely. That's the one part I miss about the EU :P That and horse pilots.

Please stop this 1>2 meme.

2 has nothing good about it.

At least one had Darth Maul.

Switch 5 and 6, then you're all good.

Jango Fett
Clones
Yoda in action
less Jar Jar

>Yoda in action
>good

>Jango Fett
True, but not as good as Darth Maul.

>Clones
Droids were better.

>Yoda in action
Was cringey af.

>less Jar Jar
He's still there and now he's le senate now

>Kyle Katarn

you mean Gary Stu ?

1 is the most patrician prequel. fite me

>Droids were better.

This is the one true list plebs

5=4>6>3>1>2>powergap>>>>>>>>>>>7 is a terrible movie. A complete rehash of new hope. You can't use the excuse of 'they needed to use fan service to gain trust again'. If it'd had an ounce of originality the effects might carried it a little but no. Boring plot, a ducking weird bad cgi midget thing, worse than prequel yoda effects, terribly boring dogfights with the X wings and TIEs, Marey sue protagonist, not enough Finn, boring dialogue, muh nazi empire, no explanation for the resurgence of the first order. It was just a bad movie.

I also hate the criticism of the politics in the prequels. It was the best part beyond the choreography. The dialogue may have been shit but I prefer shakey but decent originality to a worse version of what I've already seen

>It was the best part beyond the choreography
but the choreography was fucking shit

>not enough Finn
cuck discovered

5>4>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>=2=3=7

Seven is always last.

I like 7 the least too. As cringy as the prequels were at times, they at least still felt like Star Wars. I'll take that over the generic action movie vibe, cannibalized plot, nostalgia fetishism, and flat facsimile characters of 7 any day. 7 was a truly cynical product that felt like something designed by committee.

4>5>6>1>2>3>7

7 was a rehash of a new hope

But it had to be in order to introduce a new generation of people to Star Wars

It did what it had to

So basically what you're saying is that Sup Forums has no taste in movies. Man, what a shock.

They are both godawful.

actual non-meme version is
6>7>5>3>4>2>1

That's a poor excuse. Why not do that and be original?

Everybody knows this is the true OFFICIAL RANKING OF THE STAR WARS MOVIES™:

5>4>6>7>3>1>2

>Return of the Jedi
>Better than the Force Awakens

take the nostalgia goggles off, Return of the Jedi is Phantom Menace-lite only saved by the throne room and the space battle

everything star wars related is trash

/thread

Let's end this:

4 = 5 > 6 > 7 >> 3 >>> 2 > 1

Everybody go home.

what makes you say that? i can't think of anything in the new movie that moved me like the duel between luke and vader

>The Force Awakens
>Better than Return of the Jedi

Take the nostalgia goggles off, The Force Awakens is a rehash of A New Hope with OT nostalgia references; only saved by Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill's very brief appearance. Obviously you enjoy rehash and nostalgia, but non-retards don't.

Almost perfect, but 1 is better than 2.

had some shit in it, but overall,more coherent and overall interesting, while also still feeling a lot like a Star Wars film instead of a...I'm honestly not sure what Attack of the Clones was supposed to be like, desu.

4 > 5 > 6 > who cares

>rehash of a New Hope

this is the sign of an uneducated pleb who can't engage with a movie beyond its most superficial aspects. You see a droid carrying a plot device and an X-wing and you say REHASH because you can't understand greater context or meaning.

The Force Awakens is a star wars movie about Star Wars itself and is a meta-narrative about how the legend has influenced people. I mean, fuck, I thought this was obvious when the new villain was crippled by his expectations to live up to Vader

>The Force Awakens is a star wars movie about Star Wars itself and is a meta-narrative about how the legend has influenced people

Sup JJ.

i always wondered how does it feel to be a shill for Disney?

/thread

>He thinks TFA is a meta narrative

Though I do commend your excellent use of powergaps I must wonder why you prefer 2 to 1?

1 has a lot more originality while 2 seems to nostalgiapander almost as hard as TFA

The very first line of the movie is "this will begin to make things right". The Force has been dormant for decades (like Star Wars has been kind of dormant with the shit prequels) and Rey lives in an AT-AT, in the shadow of the events of the original trilogy. Kylo Ren is crippled by the expectations to live up to Darth Vader as a bad guy. The First Order is a bunch of prissy faggots who are trying and failing to imitate the Empire so they build a superweapon with no practical usage because that's what Star Wars villains do.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but to pretend it isn't there when it clearly is, is just showing how stupid you really are

>KOTOR 2
>underage

Kill yourself. To this day, this is literally the most mature and profound Star Wars story, period.

This is the non-meme ranking. You could also exchange 4 and 5 and it would be okay too. Or set 4 = 5.

The only stupid person here is you, kiddo. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Not having Empire as the eternal GOAT
A death squad has been dispatched to your location.

I love KOTOR 2, but I hate the fedora tipping it has inspired

people think that because it's deconstructive that it was pushing some grey morality "THE TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE, MANNN" bullshit

That is an incredibly lazy way to accomplish that. Would have been better if they did something completely different than what they actually did.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2

idk, considering the near unanimous critical and fan acclaim alongside the mountains of cash I think they did a pretty good job t b h

6>5>4>7=3>1>2

Mountains of cash was a given, people would have seen a new Star Wars no matter how shit it was. The critical acclaim was probably paid for by Disney and fans just liked it because the prequels were so bad that their expectations were very low. I guarantee if the prequels never existed this movie would have gotten more hate from the fans.

>mfw I know it all and its all is shit

>The critical acclaim was probably paid for by Disney
>IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!!

I bet you like BvS too you fucking cuck.

>and fans just liked it because the prequels were so bad that their expectations were very low. I guarantee if the prequels never existed this movie would have gotten more hate from the fans.

See, that's hard, because TFA wouldn't have been made the way it was if the prequels didn't exist. It wouldn't have been necessary to make a movie reminding people what the series is all about if George hadn't fucked it up so badly in the first place.

That said, I think it's more reasonable to just believe that it was a good movie? I mean, if you didn't like it, that's fine, there are plenty of movies generally regarded to be good that I don't personally enjoy, but TFA has no significant flaws that don't involve identity politics or prequel logic

You are delusional if you think hollywood doesn't pay off some reviewers. I don't think TFA is a bad movie it just isn't a good movie. Lot's of people like movies that are just okay, even if they know it is just okay. It felt like a marvel movie, not bad but far from good. That is going based on the limited marvel movies I have seen.

8>6>7>5>3>0>9

Harmy>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of this pleb shit

>le marvel capeshit boogeyman
>everything that I don't like is capeshit

TFA is competently made and narratively sound with good performances and a tight script. The worst you can say about it is that it was too similar to ANH, which was a deliberate stylistic choice to provide meta-commentary on the nature of Star Wars itself ,as well as remind people that this is a continuation of the OT, not the prequels or dumb videogames.

Seriously, you just sound like you had a preconceived agenda in hating the movie and are just throwing around vague buzzwords to try to justify it.

I don't think I used a single buzzword. It is fair to compare it to Marvel because Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars. You are the one throwing around buzzwords like "meta-commentary" This movie is far from a meta-commentary. The self references are so small and minuscule, they aren't a key part of the movie in anyway. A character being a wannabe Darth Vader isn't some deep commentary on how Disney is a wannabe lucasfilm or some bullshit and even if it was that is a stupid commentary.

>It's a ripoff of ANH!!!
>The self references are so small and minuscule, they aren't a key part of the movie in anyway.

Pick one you cognitive dissonance'd faggot

There is a difference between a reference and a meta reference. Meta would be commenting on the real world status of the series. Being a ripoff of ANH just means it stole plot points from ANH and did a poor job of it. That doesn't make it "meta"

>Meta would be commenting on the real world status of the series.

Except this is done IN SPADES throughout the movie, you just think meta is le deadpool talking to the audience. Like I said, you don't have to like it, that is your right to have an opinion, but to ignore its presence is just showing how incapable you are of analyzing greater context.

5>4>the rest

2>3>1

rest are for old people

>why you prefer 2 to 1
Jar Jar
I can stomach shitty acting of the AOTC because it's cringy and makes me laugh
I can't stomach shitty CGI rabbit

3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 7

cry more about crying more

what kind of fucking people are we raising where we need to lower the bar on fucking star wars?