/who/ - Doctor Who General

Attack of the Cybermen edition.
What do you think about this story?
And above all, who the fuck wrote it? Paula Thingy? Saward? Fat Autist?

Struck by Halley's Comet:

Other urls found in this thread:

pinknews.co.uk/2016/06/14/doctor-who-spin-off-will-have-a-gay-lead-character/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUT WHAT IS DONE?

IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY

That black Cyberman in the background.
Does ANYONE remember him?
I have seen the episode twice, and I still don't remember him ever appearing, although he clearly did.

He appears in the TARDIS and in the earlier sewer scene very briefly.

Is he really black or just in shadow?

He's legit painted black. He was a "stealth Cyberman". Shame they never did more with the idea.

I just realised.

/who/ is the only general that's around all year round.

I remember being absolutely shocked by the OP image a few years ago because I thought I had never seen him before.

He's actually black, a Cyber-scout. He got his own action figure.

No one knows we exist.

McGanning continues.

>stealth
Is that why didn't see him?

does that say "mccoy is a fag"?

MATT SMITH BIG FINISH WHEN?

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT ANYMORE

It also says "Let's fuck sometime"
Hint: It's shopped.

I hear someone around these parts read A Monster Calls recently. When they get in they should hit me up with a (You)

The Armageddon Factor is so great

The original if you want it.

So are Fezzes still cool?

Lmao

Here (you) go.

Haven't read A Monster Calls (it's for kids, not really my kinda thing now), but it had good reviews and won some awards.

I don't think you're the (you) I'm looking for so if you don't mind I'll continue waiting. Have already read it btw.

For some reason I remember liking the music in this one. Other than that it's mostly forgettable. I am amazed the show actually acknowledged the 1986 Cyberman invasion when it got to the mid-'80s. But imo what they should've done is have the 6th Doctor have an adventure during The Tenth Planet with original-style Cybermen in some other part of the world.

No, but guitars are.

>it's for kids, not really my kinda thing now
>saying this in a doctor who thread

>6 with original style cybermen
Would have been fucking GOAT. Also using the creepy as shit sockheads would probably have opened the door to reusing old-style monsters in new episodes. Everytime monsters re-appear they have to update them visually to meet the modern effect standards. The closest we've got in NuWho is a few cybermen heads but can you imagine how horrifying they could make the sockheads look? Literally using the same costume and voice they did back in Tenth Planet would give kids today nightmares if done right.

S'alright. My kids read it at school and liked it. They're looking forward to seeing the film.

Thanks for the Mcgann dumping.
Got a brand new 8 folder.

That's a me, finished this morning. Cried for days Jesus Christ

>Cried for days
But it hasn't even been one day.

Regardless do you believe in PNess now?

Obviously he cried while he was reading it, not just after he finished.

Oh yes. Serious faith in the PNess Monster. Also who the fuck are you, stalking my reddit like that baka The only thing that still makes me nervous about Class is the apparent fixation on gay sex, which I really idk I kinda hope it's not too forced. Was looking forward to more of a monster-of-the-week style show. But if Nessie brings to the table 1/10th of the skill that went into A Monster Calls, it'll be up there as one of my favorite Dr Who spin offs. Behind Faction Paradox and Children of Earth. And Time Hunter.

That said … A Monster Calls … Calls … C A L L S … C L A S S … Class = Conor and Cernunnos / Herne / etc return confirmed?

I started this morning as well, but thank you for defending my mistake. The correct answer, of course, is that I'll stop crying on Tuesday and I actually don't have any perception of the difference between past and future

>is the apparent fixation on gay sex,
Where'd you read that?

Not funny dude.

Maybe fixation was too strong a word but in June he tweeted
>Been asked if Class will have LGBT representation in it. Will a lead character with a boyfriend who he kisses & sleeps with & loves do?
I'd have been quite more than very okay without there being "sleeping with" in a Doctor Who spinoff about grade school kids, but that's the audience I suppose?

>Where'd you read that?
pinknews.co.uk/2016/06/14/doctor-who-spin-off-will-have-a-gay-lead-character/

No problem, man. I got a few more somewhere. I think I'm missing a lot but there's still plenty of McGann to go around already.

I don't know if you're in America, land of muh virginal youths, but over here the age of consent is 16. Doing a show for/about sixth-formers that pretended sex wasn't a thing would be totally ridiculous.

It's been 15 years, user.

LIKE SOME SORT OF HYBRID

Shit story.

Do you have any old 12 gifs from Time Of The Doctor?

>yfw TooMany is Moffat

pls?

Anybody want me to open up a MEGA for different types of DW media? I've got most kinds.

yeah

Yes, please.

Also, how did you like Series 9?

I liked it. Obvious complaints were mostly around Maisey and the finale.

I might have one, but there wasn't really anything gif worthy from that. I mean other than the hype of "oh shit it's fucking Capaldi" there weren't really reaction faces worth hanging onto from that very short scene.

You should try rewatching the finale if you haven't. I hated it at first but rather enjoyed it on rewatch. You might still hate it though idunno.

Oh wait maybe I have two. This wasn't one I remembered so I'll keep looking. I recently started organizing my /who/ stuff so it's buried somewhere with old gifs I haven't gotten to yet.

It's sorta true. I never see /who/ referenced in any other part of Sup Forums. It's weird.

We keep a low profile. Even when the show is airing everything the nonsense is all contained within the general. The only time we really are noticeable is when some idiot makes like 5 threads but that hasn't happened in a while.

Okay I'm pretty sure the one I thought I had was lost, but maybe someone else has it. There was a very short-lived "forced-meme" with a picture of Capaldi's face sort of scrunched up and distorted (pic related) and the guy just pasted it over Capaldi's face in different photos. I tried to help out with it but again two people can't make a meme. Anyway the gif is of 11 to 12 regeneration, but when 12 pops up he has that face pasted on it. It's the only other gif of 12 from TotD that I can recall having.

Oh shit. I'm pretty sure i'm the one that made that Capaldi face. I can't remember if I made the gif or if it was someone else.
Thanks for the memories.

What S9 episode had the 12 hologram in the Tardis? Was it BTF?

I remember a lot of people didn't accept it, and every time it was posted it was met with a wave of "stop forcing this shit meme" kind of posts, but I liked it and tried to help but some things aren't meant to be. I think that's part of why I deleted most of it, I was clearing away old stuff I figured I would never post again which included a lot of short lived jokes/memes. You don't happen to still have any of that stuff do you?

>You don't happen to still have any of that stuff do you?
Nope. I switched computers and lost a lot of stuff awhile back.
I have a bunch of leak /who/ webms if you're interested.

>I have a bunch of leak /who/ webms if you're interested.
Might as well, thanks.

Sure thing.

Think so, yeah - I remember being surprised it was him in his S8 outfit rather than the hoodie.

Maybe he recorded them during the two weeks he was gone before Into The Dalek.

Indeed

Does /who/ know this feel?

So what "Big Finish Gaps" has Moffat put in 12s run so far?

>2 weeks before Into The Dalek
>After Kill The Moon?
>After Death In Heaven?
>After Girl Who Died? 12 says to Clara he missed her in Woman Who Lived so presumably it was awhile?
>After Hell Bent?

You have almost all of them I think.

12 solo:
>during Deep Breath
>before Into the Dalek
>during S8 in general
>after Death in Heaven
>after Hell Bent

12 with Clara:
>beginning of the Caretaker
>after Last Christmas
>during S8 and S9 in general

Basically 12's entire tenure is BF gaps, but the first 'real' one (i.e. one where you can insert new stories without 12's love of muh Clala overshadowing them) would be either after Hell Bent or after Husbands (depending on how Moffat follows up Husbands).

Watching the Dark World right now. Damn, Eccleston was wasted in that role.