Movies you feel bad for dragging your dad to see

> Movies you feel bad for dragging your dad to see.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEp6zbWGMc
youtube.com/watch?v=pE9faDkxIoE
youtube.com/watch?v=JzxifZb_DlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dad doesn't get dragged to movies. If he just straight-up doesn't want to see something, he won't be budged by anyone.

Mom has a weekend routine of watching movies/netflix that he ( and we, when I used to live at home) have no interest in watching. When she pops one on, we tend to vacate the room.

I didn't MAKE him come see it, but I do feel kinda bad that we all watched Phantom Menace together, as a family. Although admittedly, it was a significant cultural event. If he personally had had zero interest in seeing it, he wouldn't have come. I know that.

Saw the first one on vhs with my dad and my grandpa, we all liked it. But this was absolute dogshit.

Also movies I made my dad take me to.

Casper
Fivel goes west
Adams family 2
Punisher war zone "we both liked it but felt lonely bin Jim ruined the whole movie.
Nine months...this one confuses me to this day.
Patch Adams
Harriet the spy which he actually said he enjoyed

Pokemon The Movie

Fuck you. Patch Adams was a good movie

Kangaroo Jack

Sorry about that one dad

When was the last time that you watched it?
I remember really liking it when I was 12 but It doesn't really hold up. It's typical Robin Williams trying to cover up his extreme sadness.

I loved the first one and just before the 2nd came out I had to have an operation. I was looking forward to it so much, what a disappointment.

>Double Dragon movie
>bad
Pick one.

Pokemon

My dad had patrician taste and dragged me to watch T2, Jurassic Park, Aliens, Back To the Future, Braveheart etc.

Master of Disguise

Why are you dragging your dad to see anything? Were you too under-aged to view it on your own

>Nine months

You forced your dad to take you to see an adult chick flick about a Pregna-ho ?

w-ww-why user ?

Pokemon the 1st movie

Even I was embarrassed

This turd

>fant4astic
I was visiting far off family for the first time in a decade. I ruined everything.

Thank god I had an older brother that my parents trusted, no fucking way I couldve seen pokemans with my mom or dad.

The digimon movie
>I'm sorry dad.. please come home;_;

This movie when we were suppose to watch Ladder 49... FUCK ME MATE

My dad never took me to a movie.
:(

My dad always sleeps through movies. Unless it's A Few Good Men.

I was little and I guess o saw something funny in the commercial trailers and figured it'd be a good movie. But it was 95 so I was only either 9 or 10. Yea like I said this is a regreat thread

Holy fuck that movie with that annoying fuck Hugh Grant, at 9 or 10? user.. I, wow.

and just like that my father loved me a little less

I just did not know fellow user. I prolly saw that scene where grant and Arnold fight the store mascot. We did go to a lot of movies together. He would always throw popcorn at me before movies. Until we saw terminator 3 and he tried it and I told him to stop...at that point he realized I was no longer his little kid. I think about this moment a lot.

Pokemon 2000. "I swear it's gonna be cool, it's about fighting monsters". Then the unexpected shitshow of picachus short movie for 20mins. Lost all cred there

>Guy running with dart
>AAAAAAAAA
>Das cheating :^)

Chicken Run, on my first date with a girl when we were 10 years old.

My Dad fell asleep and to this day, absolutely refuses to watch it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vEp6zbWGMc

>0:37

Not a bad movie but my dad took me and a friend to see the fifth element and we didn't know what to make of jovivich's white strap outfit. To this day I remember my dads explanation. "Weeeellllll she was an alien she didn't know any better"

AHAHAHAAHA

I used to have the VHS for Prince of Egypt and when I saw the trailer for Chicken run, I put the VHS backwards to see Chicken Run but I ended up fucking up the VHS Tape

I talked my grandmother into taking me to this

I made my dad with a bum knee walk 6 miles in 125 degree heat Terminator 3 : Rise of The Machines. Sorry

What the fuck

Why would you need to walk

we were on vacation. i was like 10

u wot m8

This is basically a topic for me to remember good times had with my dad don't mind me

1995 we went to see the movie Angus. My dad got into a verbal altercation with a man that didn't approve of us pulling over on the shoulder of a road to let an ambulance pass us. I never saw the look of murder in my dads eye before that but they ended up exchanging words. Flash forward years later and here all my dad's Vietnam war horror stories." He was spit on and called a baby killer outside the airport he arrived home at and almost drown a hippy in a puddle of water until people pulled him off."

your war dad sounds like a real asshole

same as my war dad..

>saved dad from watching ladder 49
>goes to see an actual good movie instead.
>regret

what the fuck are you doing?

Not him but my war dad and grandfather were cool as fuck.
Seriously, fuck people who don't pull over for emergency vehicles.

Fuck you're old

guessing you were born in 96

Na I give my dad tons of credit. Raised four boys and has been married to the same woman for 45 years. All while dealing with PTSD. Never hit us and was always supportive. Can't really beat that.

Cool side note. He was one of the first people to test out night vision google prototypes during wartime

you get two types of war dads:

those who have been to war and in seen death

and those who have been to war doing admin

Aren't you embarrassed to consider someone in their late 30's old? I mean even when i was under ten I could make a distinction between an adult and old.

More the fact that you're pushing 40 and still visiting Sup Forums

My dad took us to see the pest. During the opening song he said he was going to play pac man, come get him when the movie is done.

The fuck you guys regretting watching a movie with your dad for? The movie may have sucked but that nigga wanted to spend time with you

watching Last Samurai with dad was comfy

> always remember you're here forever

Grandfather was in Korea literally killing gooks, dad was in Vietnam doing the same.

What the fuck do you think people do when they get older? We've already fucked a bunch and likely have a kid.

We were shitpostng whilst you were shitting yourself, sonny.

We are regretting dragging our fathers to horrible movies because we love and respect them.

and you'll suffer the same fate, nigger

>be 11 years old
>take dad to see pic related
>i am a nerdy somalian kid and hes a hardcore African who hates this shit
>movie is hazy but some demonic shit starts happening.
>ddad looks horrified and keeps saying "Authubillah" to himself
>looks visibly shaken.
>as a child i was oblivious and thought my dad had shit taste for not liking it
>he leaves my mom a year later

forgot pic

Watching a movie with your dad is the best and most comfy.

All those Arnold movies and watching Death Wish marathons.

This too

I work in an emergency service, your dad is an upstanding citizen and a hero for pulling over correctly, not nearly enough people do it. That other dude is scum and was wrong. You're supposed to pull over, for emergency vehicles with lights/sirens on. It's basic dmv-manual-level shit.

Yu-Gi-Oh made your parents get divorced. KEK thats pretty good

>He would always throw popcorn at me before movies. Until we saw terminator 3 and he tried it and I told him to stop...at that point he realized I was no longer his little kid.

Thats always a heart breaking moment for any parent. It also symbolizes that they are getting old themselves and getting closer to death. Fear of death is what causes a bunch of guys in their 40s to have a midlife crises.

Reality slaps them in the face and they know they are no longer young so they get desperate to do things they wanted to do or buy when they were in their 20s. Kinda like checking things off of a bucket list before it's to late.

Yep. I still pull over for all Emergency vehicles without a second thought. Isn't it illegal not to do it?

You watched a violent , nude grape scene with your grandmother ?

What did that feel like?

BUT DAD
IT'S THREE DEE

>i was like 10
I was like 20 when that flick came out. Stop trying to make me feel old, mate!

I righted that wrong a few years ago when we saw John Wick and I threw the popcorn at him before the movie started. Ashamed I waited 12 years to do that but I was young and dumb.

Yup, but it's not like the police can cite everyone that doesn't pull over.
>California Vehicle Code
>21806. Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle which is sounding a siren and which has at least one lighted lamp exhibiting red light that is visible, under normal atmospheric conditions, from a distance of 1,000 feet to the front of the vehicle, the surrounding traffic shall, except as otherwise directed by a traffic officer, do the following: (a) (1) Except as required under paragraph (2), the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right-of-way and shall immediately drive to the right-hand edge or curb of the highway, clear of any intersection, and thereupon shall stop and remain stopped until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

oh god, when i watched this as a kid it looked so cool

now i see it looks like utter shite

youtube.com/watch?v=pE9faDkxIoE

>Work at theater when this thing came out
>Hand out a bunch of 3D glasses
>Little blonde girl scared to go into dark theaters room
>Parents can't get her to go in, and shes crying
>I some how brainwashed her into going in by putting on a fake happy Mickey Mouse personality and talking to her the way Mickey would talk without actually doing the voice tho.

I still have a box full of those Spay Kids 3D glasses somewhere.

>Dat feel when that little crying girl must be the same age of most of the anons in this thread by now.

Sup Forums is meant for people in their early 20s

it's time you graduate to reddit

The Hobbit

when all that faggot singing and dancing started I knew it was going to be shit.

I assumed for some reason it would be like The Lord of the Rings

We did a how old is Sup Forums thread a few months back and there were a lot more people in their 30s even 40s, and 50s on this site than you would think. Mods (probably in his 20s himself) deleted it after a few hours later.

I watched this clip entirely on mute. It looks like a drug addicts fever dream

My dad kept trying to tell me that Jim Carrey wasn't in Son of the Mask and that people were saying it wouldn't be good but I kept saying "nah lets give it a shot"

I was like 12 and it was the worst theater experience of my life. I wish we walked out, I wish I didnt insist on it.

> no user you have it wrong. Nobody can just leave

Yeah, of course. How many of us left places like SA, what seems like almost 2 decades ago and naturally made our way here at some point.

We're all grown up with fuck all to do, but shitpost when the gf or wife/kids are fucking off for bed time.

My dad took me to go see Inland Empire, and he fell asleep for most of it. When the credits started rolling, he was urging us to leave, and I refused. So I ended up having to walk back home.

Based dad of no fucks given

he fall asleep very quickly so it's okay, but i feel kinda bad because my dad didn't have a cellphone, didn't know much about technology, he lived in a semi-rural area far away from everything and i made him watch a futuristic, animated movie for kids

I never knew my dad

Casper was pretty good
not amazing but it was alright

>I laughed like a retard at this scene just now
what the hell is wrong with me

at least you got a BBC

Lol'd

God it was awesome at the time but looking back on it now it was so bad

I think there was a scene with Kaiba where he's flying a jet shaped like a blue eyes white dragon and there's angsty music playing in the background

I looked over at him at one point and he was actually asleep

The cards I got at the entrance were pretty tight though

IT AINT ME played in the background the whole time.

To be fair it's a pretty soothing movie

No dialogue other than the bits from the humans, lots of soothing music, some nice sound effects

>my brother and dad's face when Resident Evil
We all wanted it to be good.

That soundtrack though

youtube.com/watch?v=JzxifZb_DlQ

> American 80s and 90s blockbusters
> Patrician taste
???

Waterworld

Well the first three anyway.

Back then we had a father-son one on one activity thing once a year where we got to pick what we did.

I picked watching the Pokemon movie.
My oldest brother picked watching the Pokemon movie.
My second oldest brother picked watching the Pokemon movie.

After the first movie he just took us all together and saved the money of two paid naps.

Wow that is garbage

Neon demon

> The resident evil movies as a whole so far have cost $250 million combined to make. The final entry will most likely put the franchise over $ 1 billion in box office.

Fuck off Len

It wasn't that bad.

>He was spit on and called a baby killer outside the airport he arrived home
things that never happened

I'm that little girl.
Thanks for enabling me to see that movie, fag.