Was Tony a good boss?

Was Tony a good boss?

Who's to say?

That’s what being a boss is. You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it’s smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks

No he was awful

just about ever decision he made was wrong

Well season 4 starts with him complaining to his crew that they aren't making money. A lot of his main guys talked about him behind his back, and Paulie even considered switching to new york at one point.

I was thinking to myself today that what Tony lacked in book smarts, he had in street smarts, but after reflecting on that a bit, I realized he was more hot headed and had to be talked out of brash decisions. There is a lot about this show you don't pick up until multiple viewings. It may have been obvious to most at first, but I had to watch it a few times before I realzied that Carmen was just projecting her own lack of education/cultured life on Medow by pushing her to go to school in New York and stuff. Idk it's 12 am and im kinda drunk and Sup Forums is filled with capeshit and I want a good Sopranos thread.

give me 1000 dollars

He never had the makings of a varsity athlete. I can tell you that much.

yes and no.

He was a very smart leader and learned from his mistakes, so he avoided the trouble that others got into. For example he learns from his ordeal with Richie Aprile and when he sees the same thing happening with Feech LaManna he doesn't take a chance and gets rid of him.

However he's also impulsive and hardheaded, he yells at Paulie over the idea of killing Ralph Cifaretto then turns around and kills him over something he might have done, which in turn not only violates code but costs a lot of people a lot of money.

He was the best fit for the NJ crew no one else could do his job one episode basically shows this without Tony the whole crew is fucked next in line was Vito get the fuck out of here.

Do you think veto would have killed sil?

He played favorites too much

he all but nominated Christopher as his successor despite Chris being a hot headed idiot himself.

Then he promoted his cousin Tony B after he found out Tony B just killed one of Johnny Sack's groomed successors.

Yeah, I like to think that Tony was just as good and smart of a leader as he had to be, but didn't excel.

Fun fact: Feech Lamanna was the only person in the show to call Tony by the title of "Don".

Ralph and Richie would have been great bosses in their own ways, Ralph more so.

give me your bank account details and ill send you 1000$

Both are implied fags richie because of the time he served and Ralph with a dildo in his ass no better than Vito imo.

Why would Vito kill Sil?

Next inline was Sil not Veto

He had a lot of flaws but he was an intelligent gangster compared to the archetype brutal gangster like Paulie.

Another one of his problems is how abusive he is, he belittles almost everyone except Silvio. His asshole nature might be his downfall considering that he basically tells Carlo (who despises fags) that a faggot was better at earning money than him and Carlo flips like 2 episodes later, i'm sure whatever decision Carlo had to make came easy after being insulted like that.

Richie was never implied to be gay, he just really enjoys violence to the point where it's sexual to him.

Yet he never kills anyone and neither does Furio, who are two of the scariest individuals on the show.

I would think the sheer fact that Sil was passing out by being boss for one day would disqualify him he was not up for the job.

And don't call me Godfather with that fucking cute smirk

Next in line after Sil was Paulie then Chris then probably fucking Bobby.

Vito had a while to go before he became boss.

no he killed chris, ralphie and jimmy, 3 made guys, purely on impulse and emotion. im probably forgetting more. terrible fucking boss. was tony even ever a top earner? how did he get the job of boss?

Him being with two girls fresh out of jail at least implies his sexuality is fucked out of jail most people miss women but he dismisses the two whores. Him having to hold a gun to Janets head can be interpreted as rape most of the jails guys have a really fucked view on sexual relations.

ralphie was a great business man. if only wops could handle the bantz

Chris was a lost cause at that point, he was an untrustworthy drug addict who couldn't be trusted as the second in command that Tony had originally imagined him as. He was more so putting him out of his misery at that point.

I didnt say anything about them just corrected the other guy about veto being above sil

I know i'm saying, Vito was definitely not in line after Silvio he was probably 5th.

Probably had something to do with him being best friends with Jackie.

Don't know anyone else in that crew that could put up the front he did during those tense situations

Tony was a top earner, look at his house. He'd had that for at least 10 years before the show started. He was also generally more intelligent then the average mobster hence why Jackie leaned on him when he had the cancer.

His heart just wasn't in it

No, he constantly fucked up, I mean at least one capo dies every fucking season and most of the time its for personal shit.

>sister killed a capo
>had a bunch of rats and didn't even fucking know
>"made" a drug addict
>killed the highest paying capo in a fit of rage
>pretty sure he almost started a war over making jokes about eating pussy
>couldnt control his cousin, had to kill him too

Im probably forgetting a bunch of other shit