Will Captain Marvel be MCU's first major bomb? I can't see anyone wanting to pay to watch such a shitty character

Will Captain Marvel be MCU's first major bomb? I can't see anyone wanting to pay to watch such a shitty character.

Black Panther will be the first bomb

no theyre gonna market the shit out of it, I have a feeling
even if it only does well in western countries

He was the best part of Civil War though.

The first bomb is going to be Guardians of the Galaxy. No, wait, I mean Ant-Man. No, Doctor Strange. Black Panther. No wait, I mean

GOTG had the whole space opera thing going on, so I can see why that was popular. Ant-Man took a few weeks to make a profit, wasn't nearly as successful as the other MCU movies. Dr Strange is an iconic character and has cool powers, that will do fine. Black Panther was good in Civil War so fans of that might watch his movie. Captain Marvel's only appeal is being a woman. Marvel will probably be dumb enough to release it same time as Wonder Woman also which will destroy it.

>Wins an Oscar
>Starts doing C-List capeshit movies

Why do people do this?

A good actress that is also hot appearing in a skin tight outfit. And the implications that norms will care about the quality of the comic books is laughable

Men would come if they put her in her prefeminism costume.

>marvel is dumb for releasing iron man at the same time as dark knight
>marvel is dumb for releasing civil war at the same time as BvS

Yeah, no. If anything, captain marvel would destroy wonder woman

She was in Scott Pilgrim. A paycheck is a paycheck.

>reading the feminist reinvention of the character
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Not if they show it in Africa. Do they have huts where they can charge to show the movie on a TV there?

The reinvention was done by three people.

1. That SJW feminist in the picture
2. Marvel's Muslim editor who wanted to cover her up and introduce the Muslim Ms. Marvel
3. Marvel's white male cuck editor who claimed he wanted to change it so his daughter could dress up as the character

Kelly's done some pretty good shit, though. Pretty Deadly is fantastic.

>such a shitty character
The Ant-Man movie did just fine

I miss her like this. I have my problems with Avengers Disassembled, but New Avengers era Marvel was pretty damn comfy

Maybe we could have Moonstone appear, because she's like the slutty evil foil to Carol

this is really cool art

dr strange will be, there has been no hype around it at all

>Captain Marvel's only appeal is being a woman.

It won't be an origin story. They're releasing it between IW 1 and 2.

She's probably going to play a major role.

Im not a big Marvel fan, but I'm pretty sure at that point she is running the "shield" of the universe.

>called Captain Marvel
>it stars Ms. Marvel

What did they mean by this?

Why can't they come up with real names? I don't see DC characters called DC Boy and DC Girl.

Money

Give us your theory why do you think Captain Marvel is the material that going to make major screw up !?

Me too. :(

*men would come if they put an attratice acrtress with the right measurements in her prefeminism costume.

Nope

not reading the real Ms Marvel comics. This will be the first marvel movie I will dropped.

Marvel made a commercial success out of a superhero movie mostly set in a suburban house, in which a guy called Ant Man rides a pet ant called Anthony.

>People overreact to Brie reading KSD.
>A picture of Brie reading something better like Reed's run would just confuse normies who don't even read comics.
>Missing the point that its about the actress showing general interest in her role.

All this means is that she has general interest in the role and likely won't phone in her performance. Its also a nice little thing for her fans. Most of whom probably don't read comics on a regular basis.

Wish I could nestle in right beside her and sniff her hair.

>the most an actress ever did for a role

MCU when?

The problem isn't with Brie Larson, it's just that no one likes boring as fuck Carol Danvers. Her comic (KSD's) was selling below cancellation numbers but Marvel is forcing this character hard with Carol Corps. They want her to be A-List, but she's more C-List. The X-Men females are more well known and liked. They could have even used the other more interesting and bitchy Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau

>They could have even used the other more interesting and bitchy Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau

I'm glad they didn't so I wouldn't have to suffer the implosion of retarded racist shit that would have plagued this board, I hope Green Lantern in Justice League is Hal Jordan too and not John Stewart.

Cry more, faggots

>DC's character Captain Marvel is significantly better than Marvel's character Captain Marvel
I don't give a shit about the whole DC vs. Marvel thing but this always made me chuckle.

Brian Michael Bendis needs to go fuck himself, Preacher style.

>Will Captain Marvel be MCU's first major bomb? I can't see anyone wanting to pay to watch such a shitty character.
How is she going to be introduced in the MCU?

Will her movie be the first time audiences see her or will she appear in a movie (or movies) before her solo movie?

Casuals knew who Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Capt. America were before the movies. Maybe not the lore associated with the characters. But they were familiar with the hero.

No one is going to know who this Marvel chick is except for comic fans. I would be surprised if she didn't have a role in a movie before her movie ( like BP).

Hopefully never, worst meme character, I'd rather bland SJW friendly Spider-Man Miles than her.

>Marvel
>bombing
Choose one.

75% Fresh on RT. I guarantee it :^)

Iron Man and Thor were both relatively obscure characters. Nowhere as recognizable as Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine etc.

The Guardians of the Galaxy were very obscure and that movie did great.

>quick, what an opportunity to bring in the black crowd!
Like fucking sheep. When will niggers realize that everything involving them comes down to a profit? How can we exploit these monkeys today?

but what smell

You think it will be bad during Luke Cage? People complained about Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, but once it was explained that is what happened in the comics, most people shut up.

Iron Man and Thor were never obscure. Maybe for someone who's never read a comic before, but to them every character is obscure.

>Iron Man and Thor were both relatively obscure characters.
You really think so? I would never say they were anywhere near as popular as spiderman/hulk/wolverine/supes. I always felt they were known.

>The Guardians of the Galaxy were very obscure and that movie did great.
Absolutely.

To be honest, I thought there was a high probability it would bomb. I wasn't familiar with the "cosmic universe" of Marvel. I saw the trailer with the talking racoon shooting a gun from a character who was a tree and sort of scratched my head. But the movie was great IMO.

I'm not sure how well Capt. Marvel will do. I still hope there will be a hype generating lead in to the movie. But as you pointed out GotG, as weird as the trailer was to many, did really well.

>Captain Marvel

Who gives a shit?

Same reason Natalie Portman was in Thor.

$$$

No cuz Luke Cage is his own thing, he's not birthed from the need to make a black (previously established character) see: Green Lantern, Captain Marvel, Captain America, etc etc etc

The issue will be making a show about a nigh-invulnerable character interesting, and of course there will probably be an evil white man that is the cause of everything in the show AS USUAL.

Oh, she has the right measurements, mate.

Fuck that. I don't give two hits about black panther but after seeing him in civil war im'a watch the shit out of any movie he's in

There genuinely aren't that many huge money roles for women, if you're offered the lead role in a Marvel film I don't see why anyone would say no. Doing capeshit doesn't negate your more serious work and these films seem fun as fuck to make anyway.

Carol is a legitimately shit character but I doubt it will do less than Ant-Man. Black Panther is a shit character nowadays too but it'll get tons of Dindu and numale cash

>not realising that Marveldrones are literally Marveldrones who'll watch everything on brand name alone
I doubt anything will legitimately flop. Thor 2 made a profit and that was the most boring movie I've ever seen, and all the fake nerds love their MCU connections and Stan Lee cameos if nothing else.

God that's embarrassing

Women truly are fucking retarded

cause winning an oscar means you don't have to prove shit no mo, and you can freely do big paycheck films like capeshit and teen bait films.

>Brie Larson
>First big role was that ugly chick in 21 Jump Street
>Played an abducted mother in Room

>Now she's everywhere

Fuck off. Hollywood.

can you play an abducted mother, senpai?

Before she was announced as Captain Marvel, didnt she say that she thought Captain Marvel was a guy? Funny how everyone's forgot about that

Captain Marvel is a guy in DC. Hell the current marvel one i'm pretty sure is a guy also, hence why the dropped the "Ms" from the name

both Marvel and DC had a Captain Marvel character that was male, DC's has the power of gods, the other was an alien who later died of cancer.

The current Captain Marvel was previously known as Ms Marvel/Warbird/Starburst.

The current Ms. Marvel is a teenage Paki.

This. Nobody will see this movie. Especially overseas.

We know how the Chinese feel about this sort of thing.

How did Will Smith have this great hollywood carreer if China is this supposed gatekeeper for black people in big movies?

People love Black Panther after "Civil War".

Will Smith is Will Smith. Look at Suicide Squad. I never realised how good an actor he was before watching him and Rick Flagg in the same scene

You guys don't want to see the story of a woman who fucks her own son just so she can get pregnant by/with him and give birth to him so they could fuck again?

Not the Chinese audience. Only the Tumblr audience.

>Will Smith is Will Smith
I am not sure what that means? He is not gay?

And the rest of the world.

No he wasn't. He wasn't the worst, but he certainly wasn't the best.

Go read Civil War 2. She's so bad I'd rather her stay boring.

Because he had the huge American market supporting him.

I will say that I have some hope for the black panther movie. As long as there are some black bad guys and they are honest about a lot of the issues in Africa (which is a mess) I will be there opening night.

If blacks want to be afforded the same level of humanity as whites then they need to meet the same level of scrutiny and criticism as whites. So far, 98% of movies featuring blacks is positive propaganda. I even supported that for a time. But now it's become embarassing and is even pissing off alot of liberals.

Wrong. Tumblr only cares about Steve and Bucky fucking.

>tfw no movie about Carol teaching Spidey how to be a SHIELD agent and Spidey falling for that georgous older woman
>no movie with Carol being flatered, but thinking heself too old fo him, and prompting him to get the nerve to ask that Mary Jane girl out

Remember that time she kicked Spider-Man in the nuts?

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER

I can already see the asshurt if it bombs. "Racism" will be the reason.

No she do not have

No one on the planet has Frank Cho measurements maybe Blake Lively

Fake Tits Are Disgusting.

they're probably not going to allow a bunch of feminist grandstanding shit into their capeshit marvel brand. feige won't want it, disney won't want it. it'll just be a dumb movie, thank god.

MONEEH

>Marvel will probably be dumb enough to release it same time as Wonder Woman
WW comes out next spring

>casting Brie Larson as Ms Marvel
What a blunder.

>dem thighs

Mmmmmmmm

Marvel has a knack for attract talent. I mean Portman and Hopkins are both winners and RDJ has been nominated twice. MIchael Douglas has won one. Tommy Lee Jones has won one. Edward Norton has been nominated three times now, sure he's no longer involved with Marvel but he was only booted because he wasn't able to get with the program. Brolin (voice of Thanos) has been nominated. And so on.

Hiddleston and Elba will probably win Oscars eventually unless quit acting for some reason.

What the hell is going in in that comic anyway. I used to read captain marvel this was a few years back when it relaunched and she was pretty cool. Now she's got a buzz cut and gone full nazi?

she won the most prestigious award and now gets to do shit like this for $

oscar voters these days never even fucking give 2 oscars to people because they say

"THIS NEW STAR DESERVES ONE TO BOOST CAREER"
>alicia vikander and brie larson this year and jennifer lawrence when she won

"IT'S THIS GUYS TIME NOW"
>leonardo dicaprio but jlaw was also kinda this one because she should have won for winters bone

"HEY ITS AN OLD GUY LETS GIVE IT TO HIM!"
>that old guy that won for bridge of spies

Kristen Bell could have made a good Miss Thighvel.

>captain america is boring, his movies won't make any money
>gotg isn't well known, it'll never make any money
>ant-man is fucking old news, it'll never make any money
>civil war is a cluster fuck, it'll enver make any money

When will you people ever stop doubting the fact that Marvel knows how to market their movies?

That chick has a serious 5 head. Not that hot.

Marvel is full of progressive cucks; all their "women" are transgender POC or bull dykes.

Jlaq did not deserve one for winters bone. By all accounts she barely needed to act because she had those hick roots anyway.

What about Dr Strange's bomb material? Almost all my normie friends are disinterested in it.

Girls taking selfies of themselves reading comics =/= actually enjoying comics