Sup Forums recommends this movie to me

>Sup Forums recommends this movie to me
>it ends with a stereotypival nigger sleeping with a blonde white woman

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yBrvTsoSRck
geek.com/news/is-the-1997-movie-event-horizon-a-secret-warhammer-40k-prequel-1658234/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ve5sRV-D820
youtube.com/watch?v=i251IJsxMbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it was bound to happen......... EVENTually

Tried watching this with my friends and they couldn't stop laughing at the acting and special effects so we turned it off.

If I ever see you on this board again I'll knock you the fuck out. Understand me kiddo

wtf i hate tv now

>see Fishburne barely fit in his captain chair
>burst out laughing

I guess you could call it a Horizontal Event

ITT: plebs

>During filming Sam Neill refused to open his eyes, so they had to rewrite the entire script around this

>Sup Forums recommends this movie to me
>Its literally interstellar but shittier
>movie ends with "dude religion might be true lmao xD"

the fuck?

He's not the only dude she had her whore eyes on, I can tell you that.

Why didn't he open his eyes?

The warp corrupted her.

This movie has some of the greatest buildup ever seen in cinema. Would you rather they followed the book and have the main character find an impossible representation in pi that supports the idea of "grand design"? No, fuck that. Hadden is easily one of the greatest characters to grace a story, even if he's something of a Mary Sue.

>starts of as well paced atmospheric scifi horror
>le hell meme
turned it off desu

He had sewn them together the night before.
Method actor who wanted to portray insanity.
It wasn't in the original script but made it in due to his commitment for the role.
Didn't even kill himself afterwards on pain-killers.
Pretty based tbqhf

When the hell did this happen?

The religion shit was so forced in the film. The ending has you believe that you need to take a leap of faith and just believe in her story in a similar way you would take a leap of faith in religion while there was evidence supporting her story (The 18 hour tape)

And before that they rejected her to going only because of her disbelieve in god? come on

He just didnt

>well paced

The first hour was awfully boring

Paul Anderson is the only problem with this movie. He's such a shit director.

>DOOM

I don't know guys. I enjoyed it.

The sets are great, the techno-babble is onpoint, the atmosphere is good.

The hell stuff is over the top but that is JUST FINE for someone like me. I enjoy over the top things.

Hell, my favourite movie ever is Escape from New York.

If this movie was a bit more like Solaris in it's horror parts it would be a 8/10, as it is I give it 6/10. Enjoyable.

>And before that they rejected her to going only because of her disbelieve in god? come on

The public was forking up the money and considering the public majority believes in god, this isn't hard to believe. Do you not realize that it is still a standard that presidential candidates are somewhat religious or believe in god. The panel that decided the candidate to fly was supposed to represent the public.

>The ending has you believe that you need to take a leap of faith and just believe in her story in a similar way you would take a leap of faith in religion while there was evidence supporting her story (The 18 hour tape)

The movie was tackling the idea of persecution of belief. The benefit to scientific theories is that there is evidence to support the ideas. The movie was attempting to reverse the situation, but consider that this situation will occur at some point in the future. There may be an entity in which science attempts to explain through very rigorous math, but cannot be verified through experiment. This is the black hole and everything that happens beyond the horizon. By the very laws of nature, we're not able to gain information from beyond the EH, but may come to a great understanding of what happens within from math and theories hundreds of years from now. In such a case we'd have nothing but faith when it comes to explaining what happens beyond the EH.

>starts of as well paced atmospheric horror
>le hell meme
turned it off desu

I watched this movie with the assumption that it's set in the distant past of 40k universe and that Sam Neill went full Chaos cultist in the end.
I actually enjoyed it that way.

I like that!

But seriously. We are in a dire need of a good 40k movie.

Why would you let political garbage or even your own sexual insecurities interfere with how you judge a film. This kind of shit is the same reason you hate SJW's and all that crap you know?

when I was watching it for the first time, the hell idea was pretty spoopy t bh

>99% of the human cast are WHITE MALES
>Absolutely no romance whatsoever
>Men are portrayed as masculine men, not effeminate nu-males
>The most famous faction must use massive amounts of CGI to make them appear huge
>Chaos and Tyranids must be a hyperbole of lovecraftian monstrosity without being an exaggeration
>Too many factions and settings to be put in a 2h long movie
>An extremely extensive backstory that can cover an entire trilogy in itself

At least Warcraft showed us we can have pretty cool CGI orks if they make them orky enough.

But it ended with the ship about to kill them all anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=yBrvTsoSRck

The first half was brilliant you cuck.

>>Too many factions and settings to be put in a 2h long movie

I see you have absolutely no idea how to make a movie out of a big franchise.

You start small, with a story about someone low in the empire. You don't start with the biggest battles and so on.

>Absolutely no romance whatsoever

Shows what you know. Google Eisenhorn. There can be romance, it just has to be done in the context of 40k.

>99% of the human cast are WHITE MALES
I assume you are making a facetious point since there's nothing wrong with that.

But if that gets us good 40k movies I really don't care if they mix in other races. Hardly and important detail.

A lot of 40k fans consider it to be as close to a 40k movie as they're ever likely to get. It's a good example of what happens if a ship's Gellar Field fails.

it wasnt a hell DIMENSION atleast

i would watch a sequel that takes place there

how is it similar to 40k?

was**

The ship design fits right in with the Gothic Space Cathedrals starships the Imperium of Man uses. They also use a warp drive that sends them thru a hell dimension they call the Warp. The Warp is pure chaos and contains beings called Chaos gods who seek to corrupt humanity. The only thing that protects their ships from being attacked by Chaos while in the Warp is the Gellar Field. As in the film, exposure to Chaos corrupts people and drives them mad. Some become cultists who mutilate themselves just like Sam Neil did. Honestly, this is a very old theory at this point and there's been a lot of discussion about it. Here's just one article that makes the connections.

> geek.com/news/is-the-1997-movie-event-horizon-a-secret-warhammer-40k-prequel-1658234/

tldr good shlock

>tfw this is the actual blueprint for the event horizon spaceship and not the Hellraiser IV design

Ayyy

L M A O
movie is great though

At last, finally, after all these years, I have truly become Event Horizon.

It was perfect till the last half hour and whoever disagrees is a retard

This movie gave me nightmares as a kid for a week senpai.

>disagrees
*agrees

>you will never see the full uncut version

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve5sRV-D820
youtube.com/watch?v=i251IJsxMbw

aaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhh

This
I enjoy the movie even more if I pretend it's set in the 40k universe

If you're going to do the hilarious Sup Forums racism thing shouldn't you stick to things where you're not making it up?

I'm 100% certain I remember that Miller and Stark never hooked up.

you're ignoring the best part of the movie