Robot Wars - Heat C

Just a few hours away from tonight's episode.

Last week Foxic and Mr Speed Squared did fuck all but all eyes were on one man band Jason and his machine Thor; who won everyone's heart. But a shock victory for Shockwave in the heat final left Sup Forums devastated.

This week TR2, current UK champions from the live events and the favourite for the episode, make their first television appearance with the hopes of defending their title. Keep an eye on the wooden, petrol driven Overdozer (or at least it's burning remains), Or Te from the team that made Bigger Brother (including Ian Watts and Joe Watts' little brother) and King B Remix, a amalgamation of the best parts of King Buxton over the years in one whole robot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMSPW6EU0zQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Call me when pic related is back.

Hi!

Can the pit just fuck off already?

I'm tired of all the pansy teams with their pansy victories that cause no damage whatsoever.

It's worse in this series than it has been in any other. No other hazard is guaranteed to knock you out of the competition but this one does. It should be a grill like in the very first series. If you have the ground clearance of skill to make it out then you should have the opportunity. If not, you should be confined to be stuck there. But it's become so infamous in Robot Wars they'll never remove it.

At the least they should make it smaller and add the smoke back in.

Or they should make it harder to activate. The first 10 seconds of every match are some clown rushing to the switch.

We need the wall saws back, the flames and the flipper should be stronger, so pushing teams actually use the other hazards. Thor is the only competitor to actively use house robots as well and that needs to change.

Fucking Foxic. That guy was cringe to watch.

I almost think all the hazards should be angled facing inward like the flipper so they're all smaller. Not to say that the fire and spikes are too large; but for balance (which is the point of having them all in the corners to begin with)

The producers told him to play it up for the camera. He's actually a decent guy.

I think the flame pit is fine, since it rarely does any major damage anyway. The pit needs to be half the size though, it should be hard to maneuver a robot into it.

Fuck off Foxic, your robot sucked.

The producers didn't tell him shit. I was there at the recording, he said (but obviously they cut it out for the show) that he wanted to be the "villain". He provided them with enough material to make him look like a dick instead of just acting normal. He got what he asked for.

So who's our guy tonight?

Sam Watts.

>flipper
Hmm

Reasonable design for the armor but it looks patchily applied.

bump

Fuck sake, Dara O'Brien of all presenters? He's such a wet blanket

Two episodes too late son.

Nothing from the Chaos 2 team?

the least she could do is show some cleaveage

2 irish presenters on a show related to science and engineering, may as well get some ethiopians to present saturday kitchen. Dara has already ruined Sky at Night, if the bbc is so desperate to give him more shows why dont they do like a 'great railway journeys' thing except he just takes busses and visits the worlds bogs and peat marshlands, or great potato distilleries of ireland and eastern europe

Supposedly Metorn wanted it back, but George declined. It wouldn't stand a chance in this age anyway.

She looks qt as fuck in a jumpsuit tho.

They've not been involved in anything robot wars related since 2003. George Francis is a poor mother fucker who only managed to get by on the money from competing in Robot Wars; which is why despite winning twice none of the money ever went to improving Chaos 2.

got your sausage rolls ready lads?

YOU'RE JUST A NEET
YOU WON'T GO OUTDOORS
BUT YOU'LL ALWAYS HAVE FRIENDS
ON ROBOT WARS

>razer out in first match of the series

So I watched the whole first season of the new Battlebots to tide me over during the last week.
My analysis:
>2015
>not having a srimech

>Thor getting robbed last episode

Is there any chance they'll bring any of the runners up back if something goes wrong with a victor?

they should've made Razer a house robot for this series desu

There's a wildcard in the final this series, it'll probably be the losing heat finalist with the most points so a good chance of Thor going through unless there's a bigger upset

made me chuckle user, cheers

IIRC there's a couple of wildcard qualifiers.

It was a terrible idea last week and it's still a terrible idea.

who /destructabubble/ here?

kek

Yes. The final grand finalist is chosen by the judges as a wildcard. And we already know it's Thor because they've shown footage of Thor fighting robot's from other heats.

What if that footage is just from a friendly match?

I don't know if they did friendly matches. We'll know whether or not it is tonight though because they were fighting TR2 so if they don't make it through tonight then Thor might not make it through on the wildcard.

haven't seen this series yet. is it still hairy dads, their kids and their shed creations getting the shit kicked out of them by house robots, or am i going to grimace at chink university teams, YAY TECHNOLOGY, and dara saying eeehh

They did friendly matches during filming, they were ahead of schedule constantly and needed to fill time
I don't know if they were filmed or will be broadcast though

It's still hairy builders and the occasional autists. No chink uni teams.

The house robots have also been seriously neutered. Matilda is the only one who has inflicted any damage and that was only once.

Higher standard but not battlebots-style high money and sponsors, a decent mix of shedbots and decently built ones, house robot far less involved and haven't really rekt anything yet

If that's the case then I suppose it's all to play for.

>is it still hairy dads, their kids and their shed creations getting the shit kicked out of them
Yeah, but the barrier for entry is much higher than it used to be. The cheapest robot to build in the competition made by university students cost £1000 grand and that got destroyed in the first episode.

>YAY TECHNOLOGY
They have a small section, like a minute or two long, per episode where they talk to one of the judges about the changes in technology since the original series.

>and dara saying eeehh
Yeah, he does. But if you really give a shit god help you. It's all about Johnathan and the matches, which are the best parts about it. He's still better than Chris Evans.

>£1000 grand
>£1,000,000
hfsd

shame craig charles absolutely fucking lost it like youtube.com/watch?v=dMSPW6EU0zQ

Do you think he knows there's a new series?

probably doesnt even know what day of the week it is sadly :(

Have a Chaos 2 Pepe

CRAIG'S LOST THE PLOT
AND HE'S SMASHED WHORES
HE'S NEVER COMING BACK
TO ROBOT WARS

Fuck, just £1000.

Will our guy win tonight?

But the way he pronounces "robot" is adorable
rowbutts

>not watching pre-robot wars wallace and gromit

THOR WILL COME BACK AS WILDCARD THEN WIN THE FINAL

SCREENCAP THIS

Post your Georges

>Not watching pre-robot wars /4cc/

>10 minutes
GET HYPE LADS

ALSO FUCK CAPTCHA

>tfw robot wars threads on sundays are the comfiest threads...

better not be any blairites around here

Based Corbyn should present Robot Wars

nar man, Steve Coogan should present robot wars

Non-brits report in!

CORBYN KEEPS ON GOING
FIGHTING FOR THE CAUSE
OF PURGING BLAIRITE TRAITORS
HERE ON ROBOT WARS

Stream where?

BBC two

What do you continentals eat when you're watching Robot Wars if not sausage rolls?

Y-YEAH

(Who is our guy tonight?)

>commissar bash
>the pit renamed to the gulag

I just ate fish fingers and French fries.

Does it count as fish and chips?

>Watching Wallace and Gromit before Robot Wars
Maximum comfy, lads

>tfw no razer vs foxic

Who is our bet on tonight?

Big Nipper
Glitterbomb
Or Te
Supernova
Dantomkia
King B Remix
Overdozer
TR2

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Not in a million years.

>not liking wensleydale

Boy did Foxic deserve to be pierced all over by Razer.

That piece of shit's armor was the real thing, though

>i'll never again be a young lad eating cheese and crackers watching wallace and gromit and robot wars

my money is on king b

Wensleydale > Red Leicester > Cheddar > that continental shit

Give me the delegates, Jeremy.

GET FUCKING HYPE

Pecorino or GTFO

yellow fever user please go

>Sharing the means of destruction

DELETE THIS

HERE WE GO

Thats the one with the cattle prods on it?

King B is weeab-tier
Supernova is poo-in-loo tier
Or Te is Bigger Brother 2
Overdozer is wooden
Glitterbomb is little-girl team
Dantomkia is pleb-tier
Big Nipper is pleb tier

Is the trophy the old Sir Killalot's lance?

What are you idiots doing posting on this shit site when you should be watching robots smash each other? Wtf is wrong with you? ADHD? Just watch the fucking show. You people are worse than people who record at concerts

Are robots allowed to have a drill?

Glitterbomb it is.

Yes, but they are useless so no-one uses them

>king b
looks like shit

L O L I
O
L
I

Get out, normie

(you)

small boss