ITT shitty adaptations with perfect casting

ITT shitty adaptations with perfect casting

Troy, especially for Achilles and Hector

everything was perfectly set.
then the studio fucked up, messed Del Taco around and gave Peter Jackson a week to prepare.

>shitty adaption
>le no gods complaint

grow up kiddo, Troy is a masterpiece

>The Dark Knight
>shitty adaptation

Is this supposed to showcase that TDK was written by an undeucated fuckface?

The Dark Knight is literally the best superhero movie ever.
This was also the opinion of Sup Forums back when the movie came out. Now this place is infested with contrarians and people who unironically enjoy MCU capeshit.

That's not to say that BB isn't bad and TDKR isn't hilariously bad.

>likes superheroes
>but doesn't like Marvel
>yet likes a movie that takes place almost entirely during the day and without any deep themes
>which is exactly what Marvel is

It's probably the only adaptation that's ever going to take your childish funnybooks seriously.

>the film visually juxtaposes Dent and Gordon
>even though in the movie Dent becomes Batman's enemy

>the comic visually juxraposes Wayne and Dent
>because Dent eventually becomes Batman's

in the movie dent's biggest beef is with Gordon, not Batman

Dent in the movie really doesn't make sense the more I think of it.

He just picks on Gordon for no reason.

movie establishes that dent used to be internal affairs, found evidence gordon was corrupt, couldn't make it stick, and then gordon clearly starts covering for batman, whom no one is sure about.

The men who kidnapped him and rachel were Wuertz and Ramirez, members of Gordon's unit who he personally handpicked and trusted.
Early on Dent tells Gordon he doesn't trust the people he surrounds himself with and makes it a sticking point, because he knows their criminal background but Gordon keeps denying it and turning the blame on Dent for just being untrustworthy.

His hatred in Gordon is because his rightful accusations were ignored and Rachel got killed because of it.

The Iliad isn't just a story about the Trojan War, it's a Cosmic scale tragedy about the very nature of human suffering in our existence. The Gods are integral to the thematic layers of the story

well they did rack 3B dollars by cucking their movies. Still they're a POS

How the fuck is Gordon supposed to know exactly which police officers are corrupt in a city like Gotham? Did Dent show Gordon any evidence during the movie?

I am geniuinely curious because it's been years since I saw this movie and I might have missed some of the depth.

this movie is like 1 hour too long

Good thing it's called Troy and not Iliad

That's like making a movie called Raskolnikov which is about a guy murdering an old woman with an axe.

It's taking the meaning out of a great piece of work and making it as bland and stupid as possible.

He mentions that exactly,
>In this town, the fewer people know something the safer the operation

>Gordon, I don't like that you got your own special unit and I don't like that it's full of cops I investigated at Internal Affairs.

>If I didn't work with cops you'd investigated while at IA I'd be working alone. I don't get political points for being an idealist. I do the best I can with what I have.

Later:
>They knew we were coming. As soon as your office got involved-

>My Office? You're sitting down there with scum like Wuertz and Ramirez and you're-- Oh yeah Gordon, I almost had your rookie cold on a racketeering beat.

>Don't try and cloud the fact that clearly Maroni has people in your office Dent.

Dent worked at IA and tells Gordon how many of his colleagues are corrupt.

the whole point was Gordon was compromising with what he had instead of the ideal situation we would have wanted - and trying to work from the inside etc

he was quite a nice character leaving aside shit like "managed to fake his death to god knows how many people even though he wasn't shot and was just lying there in public"

The title Iliad refers to another name for the city of Troy, Ilium

No, it's shitty because Achilles acted like a beta faggot towards Briseis. The guy spits in everyone else's face, including his King, but he acts like a doormat white knight towards a woman.

What a joke.

The thing is, Gordon can either assume that each one of his colleagues are corrupt, or assume that none of his colleagues are, since Gotham is simply a corrupt city. The key point is "I do the best I can with what I have."

If he doesn't trust anyone, there's no police. He has no choice but to assume that people are on his side.

Achilles is actually an extremely emotional and sensitive man in the Iliad who is in touch with his inner, motherly femininity.

Good thing it's called Troy and not Ilium

5/10

You might fool idiots who haven't read it.

Yeah, which isn't a problem with his character.
But his lack of attention to what was going on in his unit is what caused Dent and Rachel to get kidnapped and strapped to bombs.

Harvey hates Gordon because he could have fixed the whole situation but he kept leaving Harvey out of the loop and while Gordon didn't want Rachel or Harvey to get injured, his actions did factor into it.

It's not like Two-face went straight for Gordon either, he took out the cops and Maroni first.

>acts like a doormat white knight towards a woman
Confirmed for not reading the book

didn't his mother dressed him like a little girl so he could avoid war?

Achilles has a womanly beauty about him and his divine nature comes from his mother, which has Achilles have a maternal quality in his actions at times