How much viral marketing do you guys think happens at Sup Forums?

How much viral marketing do you guys think happens at Sup Forums?

Even Sup Forums is quite aware that they have shills among them actively promoting products yet I rarely ever see Sup Forums ever pointing out this possibility.

Is it still viral when the mods are in on it? There is hard evidence of Disney and WB paying them off for TFA and BvS in the form of spoilers stickies(which hasn't happened for anything since the lost era) whilst also letting everything else new being released get their things spoiled during the time the threads were up.

Then theres also that game show about nerds, youtube "celebs"
thats about it really

We had "The Nice Guys directed by Shane Black who is the same director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" shills here. It was very blatant and obvious.

It's extremely noticeable when a cape film is coming out. The amount of Captain America threads was relentless when that movie was coming (the third one), then it decreased significantly after the movie opened. It's so obvious and you're a fool to think it doesn't happen. This board gets a shitton of visitors so shills will obviously find it interesting

its internet marketing period. The term viral marketing implies someone other than people being paid to do it are paid to do it.

>thinking Sup Forums is big enough to matter

shills go to twitter and reddit

a lot. baneshit, GoT and star wars tfa first set of fake info coming from here first put this board on the map.
the leaked negan footage that was first posted here was also dmca'd by AMC.

>shit marketers say
They post everywhere they can as much as they can.

Sup Forums has always been the "underground" market and the success of products due to the support of this website is not something to be ignored. marketers are smart. they know this. hell in the COPS thread yesterday there was a guy literally gauging people's interest in a COPS blu-ray collection set.

>post your favorite [whatever]
>whatever you watched last will be your waifu! whatever you watched before that will try to steal your waifu! :O
market research

>Sup Forums BTFO! MOST SUCCESSFUL MOVIE EVER!! [middling numbers]
flat out marketing

>waifu threads in general
talent agency spam

You do realize Sup Forums is the biggest SFW board on this site behind Sup Forums now right?
And not only that its much more accessible than any other board now too

Ghostbusters and Star Trek Beyond campaigns are just winding down.

Suicide Squad is not being viralled here. Posts about Suicide Squad are legitimate, there is legitimate interest in Suicide Squad. So, that's an exception.

>>waifu threads in general
>talent agency spam
hm

This
here is a pure marketing thread >star shit memes to keep it in peoples mind since rogue one is out in a few months

Disney shills are most definitely posting here in good numbers. Release week TFA was nothing but shills on damage control.

>point out the reason suicide squad is breaking opening day/weekend records is because presales are being counted as opening day, no matter what day they're for

>WB/DC marketers delete threads making a big deal out of that and stop mentioning it

Yes, SS is being marketed.

i think there's losers who latch onto things.

the "The Mind's Eye" guy is at again today. "Beyond the Black Rainbow" guy, too.

The spammer posting that cop movie is different. he's looking to publicize whatever shit that is.

Sup Forums isn't big enough to matter lol

but it's fun to meme on about it

>tfw I've shilled on Sup Forums

Shilled my nudes that is

see I mean it makes sense that you believe what you're posting if you came from Sup Forums or Sup Forums I guess

This

i actually make money in the entertainment industry…nobody is putting Sup Forums.org anywhere in the budget. not even debating, just clarifying.

>shills pretending they aren't here
haha lmao

Why would "shills" need to post on a board with hundreds of people when they already have the interest of millions?

Just look at the board on GoT days, I'm pretty sure those retards spam that shit for free.

I'm sure these social media guys have interns shilling here and reddit. Cost literally nothing and it's just the same as posting instagram photos for C-listers

Also I'm sure marketing guys come here to get free intel on what is "edgy" or "trendy" or whatever cringe corporate wording they use before they create the Poochies of our generation

except Sup Forums is one of the biggest movie discussion boards on the internet

t. Mousefriend or Bugsfriend

This board pirates a lot more than Sup Forums.

So even if shills are here, they're less likely to be successful in generating sales.

Almost everything from this board ends up on social media sites now
as long as word gets out it doesn't matter

There's more credible movie reviewers, and movies tend to be less of an investment in time and money.

Sup Forums is hurt more by shills..

Adrian Gillan got cast in some CoD game or battlefield. I'd say marketers already know the existence of Sup Forums, how they use it is another matter.

nice

bump

and now this board has a permanent anti-piracy thread.

Content doesn't matter. Shills push threads to 300-400 replies in hours then act like "Sup Forums is losing it's mind over" whatever.

how is this even possible

>Adrian

Anyway of course there are shills here, there are entire companies dedicated to having their "workforce" post threads and force discussion on popular discussion sites.

Those same people are the ones who will then come to threads like this and say "lol no one cares about Sup Forums" in damage control. Mods of course are in on it.