Was this movie supposed to ruin love for me?

Was this movie supposed to ruin love for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nQpYHiB0k6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is love?

ahh fuck you ive forgot all day that i'm meant to be depressed and now you've reminded me

based Rocco

seriously though, this film still has hope for love. I mean the ending actually finished on a fairly good note.

I love how Julie says in that funny accent "you're going to miss your flight."

Then Ethan does his trademark smile and just says "I know."

The one that did ruin love for me is Before Midnight, well it didn't ruin love, it just changed my perspective on it.

Something that happens so we make baby don't hurt meies

favourite scene is when Ethan's talking about how shallow his life is and how much he is dissatisfied with his wife, and he's facing away from Julie in the taxi looking out the window. And she goes to touch his hair and flinches away, like he did in the first film.

to be a good cuck

It still has some hope sure, but you can lose all hope from the decisions made by the person you love.

Her grandmother didn't fucking die.

meant for

yeah i forgot that Sup Forums got a bunch of retards coming in over the past year

what??? her grandmother 100% died?

Celine gave the awkward excuse for not seeing Jesse 6 months later saying "Oh, my grandmother died."

It was bullshit.

No that's stupid, why else wouldn't she have came back?

There was literally no reason for her to have lied, nor is there any proof that her grandmother is alive.

More like readjust your expectations that were previously ruined by more romantic Hollywood films.

because women live in momentary truths.

she might want to fuck the shit out of you while you finger her in the club but when you say let's go on a day a few days later she doesnt want to anymore

>how about you go and actually get to know womens nature instead of being a forever alone dweeb

She was terrified. They both have over-romanticized views on love and it's clear from the dialogue in the first film that she was still debating whether or not she wanted to leave Jesse as the "one night soul/stand."

>nor is there any proof that her grandmother is alive

These films don't show anything other than conversations between these two characters.

Smellz

oh shut the fuck up hahahaha what is your problem? it's a fucking film piss off

I guess that's what he was trying to say with the first film. They overomantized that night because it was only one night.

The imagery Linklater used to push this with the beautiful European evenings full of life and love showcased with the mundane things going on in the morning like the empty cafes, the garbage trucks going down the romantic streets picking up trash makes this clear.

well skip ahead and they're married with two kids, i think your belief that she lied about her grandmother dying is a dumbfounded one.

Really probably just your own delusions and cynicism's which have caused you to fathom that idea which has no proof to it nor does it make sense

wow I don't know how you could manage to sound even more like a 12year old

>ids jus a popcorn movie xD

Not my fault you don't understand the reasons why she would have lied or even the fact that lies don't even need reasons.

It's just a weird excuse she awkwardly tries to explain multiple times both sounding like complete lies.

It's more about crushing your high hopes and expectations about life and love, and about how unpredictable everything is. It makes fun of the first movie's naive, hollywoodian idyllic love at first sight cheesy plot. The third one is in my opinion the most interesting because of how it deals with married life issues like love between spouses fading away and settling for someone less than perfect. Also the characters are the most fleshed out they've ever been and the relationship feels like it progressed realistically, which is why the ending is perfect. Their arguments, actions and reactions are completely within the realm of things those characters would do, say, think and assume in those situations.

I'm about to watch Before Midnight. My old man said he didn't like it very much and I've heard it from a lot of other people too.

Let's see how this goes.

let me just do a bit of analyzing of what you've posted so far.

in your free time (you probably have a lot), you come onto an anonymous messaging board and pick fights with people, I expect this on/b/ but this is Sup Forums literally not a lot to argue about other than film opinions.

Anyway, from what you've posted I can assume that you think that ALL WOMAN ARE EBIL! You probably were ignored during high school and if you went to college the same happened there, but i doubt you did due to laziness or the fact you may only be 16/17.

You've pretended as if you know the "nature of women" and then you followed that on by calling me a forever alone dweeb. See I think you're autistic and in general a toxic person, but we can't blame you for that. You probably came out with the umbilical cord round your neck and got brain damage from that; leading to some form of mental impairment such as autism.

And then you said earlier that I was a cuck, someone on an anonymous board whom you called a cuck. Bravo is all I can say to that. I bet you really hate le spics n niggors too.

I'd usually tell you to kill yourself, but I can imagine when you find your life is going to shit due to lack of social skills and the fact you are slowly turning into a fat lazy slob who uses food stamps, you'll already be on your way to the hardware store to get a rope and writing your little manifesto at how ur mommi raised u wrong and how women just ignored you despite your best efforts.

I'm going to bed.

Before Midnight is great. There's that point in the movie where they go to the hotel together to get away from their children and they spend the entire time arguing and it really seems like they're one step away from divorce but then they make up at the end at that restaurant under the stars

I think all three are fantastic. I hope they make another one in 5 years. The scenes of them walking through the Greek ruins were also beautiful.

Linklater is a fantastic flimmaker

This is the greatest projection post I've ever read.

Linklater truly does understand the human condition better than most filmmakers.

did this motherfucker just morphed 3 individual posters into a single individual and preceded to project his pathetic life onto us? this shit's so creepy

funny thing is that people like this are the angry lonely psychos while people with a realistic view of women are getting pussy thrown at them left and right

I think so. I was pretty mixed on Boyhood but other than that I think he just understands what it means to face existential crises and what it means to be in a relationship. All of his movies are fantastic, even School of Rock was good for what it was.

I still think Slacker might actually be my favorite by him too

youtube.com/watch?v=nQpYHiB0k6k

favorite films

considering showing the first to my girlfriend tomorrow when she comes over, although she's more into action stuff

she's so beautiful in the first one

I hope I meet an angel in a train one day

you both sound incredibly stupid, incredibly disgruntled, incredibly uneducated, and incredibly ill-equipped to discuss art

there is literally nothing in the film that would suggest Celine was lying about her grandmother. you're both inventing extremely stupid ideas that only reflect a manifestation of your sad insecurities, not at all what the movie is going for. your ideas would make the film a far lesser film and they certainly are far too stupid for a director of Linklater's abilities to even consider including.

face it, you're sad, lonely retards.

don't diminish School of Rock bro, it's one of the best children's films ever made

Again, you're projecting way too much and revealing your own insecurities.

>incredibly ill-equipped to discuss art

That is one of the most pretentious things anyone can say, congratulations.

Why don't you explain why it isn't at all possible Celine lied?