Which side was right?

Which side was right?

Cap's.

Stark.

I don't remember anything about this movie

DC

All I can remember about the airport fight was ant-man saying something stupid like asking for lemonade at the end of it.

Captains side, of course. What could the UN have possibly done that would positively effect the Avengers?

Which side agrees that Snyder only makes pure capekino? Because I'm on that side.

I side with the guy who didn't make a robot that almost destroyed the earth and then went full government patsy afterward.

the side with less jews and blacks

Ironman was completely wrong throughout and during the final act if any other avengers were present they would've restrained him and help cap and bucky.

didn't see, only played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2,

Iron Man is left, Captain America is right.

>first movie: captain America hates bullies
>second movie: he sees what he believed in to be a sham
>third movie: captain America becomes a fascist

Kind of an interesting character arc reallyv

>tfw le ebin parking lot fight happened only because Captain American couldn't be bothered to spend 20 seconds explaining the situation to Ironman

Why is capeshit such garbage holy fucking shit

Which side is Sup Forums approved?

Didn't he act against government control though?

I guess you could say there was an issue with communication.

And we all know what that means.

He thinks he's above democracy and against the will of the people

He is right because he is strong

Zemo

So not fascist at all, that's not a collectivist mindset.

Cap's, Tony was fucking retarded in this movie, "muh momma" did he watch BVS or something?

He's acting against government control of individuals in the second and the third cap films. Quite literally the opposite of fascism.

Government policy isn't the will of the people. This is what the entire second film was about.

>want to murder a guy by drowning
>plug a sink and leave the water running
>leave him hanging high enough that the water will spill out of the sink before it covers his nose

What a fucking idiot.

So he's old republican?

It's not like Cap didn't do stupid things because of emotions.

>Iron Man 2
>Tony is hard against Government restrictions on his suit

>Avengers 3
>Tony bends and spreads because of Alien PTSD

Libertarian, I don't think he cares much for how goods are exchanged (money or no money)

Avengers 3 isn't out yet. Civil war was a cap film.

>Civil war was a cap film

What's the difference?

For all intents and purposes, Cap 3 was Avengers 3.

agreed.

He uses violence to enforce his will upon everyone and everything

There is a reason why a common critique on vigilantism in general and comic books in particular is that it's fascism

Ross. The Avengers all belong in prison for bombing an airport.

Dont even remember why they were fighting thats how bad Marvel is rn

Google comic book and fascism...it's a fairly common complaint

Why does Marvel even bother naming the movies? Why don't they just call them Marvel Universe #12 or something? Civil War was supossed to be a Captain America movie but it was just Avengers 3

Stay triggered DCucks

>He uses violence to enforce his will upon everyone and everything
And that equals fascism to you? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Any government uses violence to enforce its will upon everyone and everything. And Cap was fighting against government control.
If anything it's the Stark side that's fascist.

Both were gay.

Well, you should know your left from your right by now, OP. Come on.

>le funny forgettable scenes maymay xDXdxDxd

But he did explain it

It's weird seeing character development in capeshit, I agree.

God that fight was so bad the rest of the movie was shitty but this fight was colossally shitty

Stark's. He has Spider-Man and he's the cutest.

Pretty much any Marvel movie that isn't Avengers 1.

Batman's

Both sides were wrong.

This side.

Captain Marvel

Retards - Cap was right

Non-retards - Tony

The fact that the villain's plan hinged on Cap being a retard is proof enough.

Martha?

>discussing a Marvel flick

Go away pls. We only comb through the minutia of DCEU

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Capin' Merica of course. Is there anything more stupid than blaming the Avengers for collateral damage from SAVING THE FUCKING WORLD? This is the government that was willing to blow up New York to "contain" an Alien invasion. And mention of DC in this thread is cuckoldry. I'm so sick of "le civil war is bad" meme.

The nuke was authorized just because of HYDRA who didn't care about the collateral damage. Cap was right.

no one is allowed to do whatever they want just because they occasionally save someone's life

Its not like cops or firemen are allowed to run around without any oversight.

>bbbuttt i like fascists
okay kiddo

Nothing about any of these movies is memorable except the fact you remember they punched each other. Don't kid yourself.

It's different in this case because every movie they beat it over your head that Captain America is a GOOD GUY.

DID YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? CAPTAIN AMERICA IS A GOOD GUY, GOOD GUYS DON'T NEED OVERSIGHT.

Cap.

Knew it the second that Iron man sided with the UN.

>these are the same people against the 2nd amendment

>Which side was right?

the people who didn't watch capetrash

Both retards.

Both acted like teenagers when theyre heads of the strongest super power in the world basically.
Came down to two retards slapping each other because they couldnt figure out how to express themselves.

Should've used the comic civil war setup, and i dont even fucking read comics

CASUAL REMINDER THAT STEVE KNEW THAT BUCKY KILLED TONY'S PARENTS BUT DIDN'T TELL HIM

THE FUCKING HYPOCRITE

these guys should be apolitical. the UN shouldn't be allowed to prevent the Avengers from acting on an alien invasion in China because they're not a member state, which could happen. giving them free reign isn't the perfect idea, but it's better than the alternatives. these guys aren't just cops, this is a world where the -only- solution to some problems is the Avengers.

DC, all the time.

Yeah Cap is extremely patriotic, a feature of fascism, but he's also anti-collective in the cinematic universe. Cap is a nationalist, sure, but he's an AMERICAN nationalist. It's similar but not the same as fascism.

>we're just going to forget the planet has millions of soldiers, tanks, aircraft, helicopters, ships, missiles, bombs, nukes etc.

It doesn't make sense why Earth can't handle it's own problems in this universe without super heroes other than the fact there have to be super heroes to make a super hero movie.

The fucking Schutzstaffel could have fucking affiliated whatever the fuck those aliens things were in the first Avengers movie.

They literally show more scenes of him punching people than flushing out his political beliefs. It's actually embarrassing to read these posts sometimes.

Like pouring sprinkles all over a pile of shit.

This tbqh. Government oversight for matters that threaten a whole nation is ridiculous. The UN is being very small-minded if they think a few people dying in an explosion or not evacuating a city in time is better than the alternative.

He is also anti-democratic because he believes his Will is absolute and everyone has to get out of his way because he is a "hero".

But Cap is morally infallible, so he's not wrong in forcing his views on others.

no he's not lmao

None of these copy/paste supercapes have any sort of meaningful character development or personalities.

Kek'd

What is Asgard

More Avengers 2.5 really.

Don't ask me, faggot.

>implying the Avengers couldn't beat God in their Deus ex machina universe

Why did Tony bring a child to fight a murderous super assassin if he cares about things like oversight? Did he call the UN and ask if child soldiers were ok?

Canonically, God/The One Above All is far above anything else that exists in the Marvel Multiverse.

How would Lagos have went any differently with UN intervention?

The UN wholeheartedly approves of child soldiers, as long as they're used by our allies and can be denied.

My point is in this MCU for whatever reason children can't pay attention to politics the entire planet is absent from the story except until the big bad fight at the end where you're supposed to care about a city full of people being attacked despite nobody doing anything but the Avengers.

These movies only make sense if you're a little kid that just wants to go buy a Captain America toy immediately afterwards. They say absolutely nothing and when they try to say something it's the most awkward, hamfisted bullshit that just makes you roll your eyes. It's an attack on reality and your own intelligence to watch these movies.

You can't have these political elements in your kid's movies if you're not even going to do anything with them.

He knew the "war" part of Civil War was going to be a joke scene.

The right side

The whole thing is pretty flawed from the start. I'm glad they dropped it and hour into the movie. In the MCU, I think Cap is right.

what would oversight accomplish exactly? Without it if he does something criminal you can still arrest him.

The one more conservative obviously.

With that logic why do we need oversight for anything? Oversight slows down the function but that's the fucking point.

People, super heroes and fucking gods needs to be accountable for what they do on Earth.

Why do we need oversight for police?

Hard to say, but we didn't really get a fair hearing. Unfortunately Cap's side of the argument got muddled up by his personal interest in his friend, and that worked to sort of discredit him or obscure the good parts of his position, namely that the United Fucking Nations is the worst peacekeeping entity in the history of time and only someone with a profound death wish would put them in charge of something as serious as defending the Earth from cosmic horrors and superbeings.

Cap's, because superheroes doesn't need normal humans rules.

>saudi arabia on human rights council
they probably encourage it

but the equivalent would be having a supervisor following a cop around all day sayng dont go arrest this guy or that guy

He enforces his political will on others using FORCE, he regards others rights as inferior to his needs, and he claims to know better than no one else, he invades every country he wants to invade, kill without a trial, doesnt care about sovereignty or the will of others.

You are an absolute idiot if you believe that.

>Snyder: I can't have these heroes talk to each other in costume. No one will like it
>people: This movie sucks

>Marvel: Here's a tree! And a raccoon with guns!
>People: here's all of our money!

Government regulated means more than being lead around on a leech you retard.

So are you saying police supervisors are useless?

>Which side was right?

Iron man 100%. Some of these heroes can effortlessly level entire city blocks no shit they need heavy oversite