Name 1 movie from the 10s that will be talked about in the 2060s

Name 1 movie from the 10s that will be talked about in the 2060s

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1675434/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Enter the Void

Under the Skin

It's amazing what long hair can do. Glad she's hot again. Not many can pull off the short hair look.

hair should be proportionate to the tits

Honestly probably Tree of Life and maybe Boyhood/Birdman

not even memeing

Calvary

ignoring the fact that Enter the Void is 2009, that movie is trash after 30 minutes

The first 30 minutes are total kino though

Drive
Nightcrawler
Batman v Superman

>2066
>only 50 years until pic related comes out

The Social Network, as a "oh this is what they did back then" sort of thing.

Force Awakens, maybe?

The Master

Knight of Cups will be seen as a masterpiece by the 2060's. Citizen Kane also received mixed reviews when it first debuted

Under the Skin

Probably Gravity, too.

Someone make sure to save this thread and post it in 2060

Won't be shocked when this movie leaks in about five years.

>inb4 capeshit

The Social Network
Boyhood
Upstream Color

>Not many can pull off the short hair look.

literally the only reason to watch Baby Daddy

It didn't. William Randolph Hearst, who literally owned most of the American media at that time, ran a concentrated smear campaign against the film and Welles and actively prevented it from being screened as much as he could.

interstellar
dunkirk
incendies
winter sleep

Pain & Gain

Uncle boonme
Cosmos (zulawaski)

I thought Shane Carruth films were a meme. Just like Wes Anderson or Refn films.

It's impossible to tell, because what old movies remain relevant is based more on memes than quality. They might dig up the transformers movies and find the special effects to be interesting in some way and it could become a meme movie in the future

>it turns out to be a shitty wine commercial and the production values are so dated audiences in 100 years will look back at it, like we look back at silent films

And the reviews will be good

hard to be god

literally what are you talking about.

Grown Ups 2

You're retarded. Cite a highly revered old movie whose only merit relies on memes rather than legit qualities.

Ghostbusters 2016, it bombing will be constantly talked about two reboots from now.

not him but 2001
>I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that xD

Both mediocre, pretentious films.

And I rarely use those words to describe something.

The Hateful Eight will be seen as one of three Tarantino movies worth watching.

The Martian is the best movie in the 10s

Prove me wrong

inb4 "reēdit"

I can't

/thread

All of them since millennials will still be around and boring kids with their golden neckbeard era.

How old will you be in 2060, Sup Forums?

Dead from the war of 2019 probably.

North by Northwest
The Shining
Casablanca

The Avengers

Batman vs Superman: dawn of kino

Avengers Assemble

>Harmony Korone being historically notable
'no'

The Guest

The Dark Knight Rises

boyhood

Birdman

The Fountain

Force Awakens of course.
It will be notable because of OT, prequels and the transfer from George Lucas to Disney.

Batman v Superman

As much as I like Upstream Color there's no way this is true. People had already forgotten about it the minute it was released.

I'd love it if TSN stayed relevant though; that movie fucking ruled.

I love Gone With the Wind but it's quite literally a meme film

That 100 year movie really made me question my mortality. I drink pretty heavily every weekend, and am genetically predisposed for cancer... I guess if they come up with some bomb ass medical shit in the next 20 years or so I might be able to actually see that movie, but otherwise I'll be lucky to see 2070.

66. Hopefully dead soon after 25 though.

But we are now in a post meme universe, all future remembered movies will only be remembered for there memes

ignorant fag

Inherent Vice
Inception
The Martian
Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel

The Social Network, because historic value

Star Wars 7 and some capekino (BvS? avengers?) because that's the shit that tends to be remembered

Ping Pong, the Animation, because is a really good movie.

The Wolf of Wall Street
Django unchained

It kills me to say it, but Boyhood.

Just because it took 12 years to make?

People will be still baneposting in 50 years

boyhood will, because of how it was made

The fire rises.

Angry Birds

Gone Girl

>boyhood
why so many posts about that corny shit?

remember that the most talked about movie of the 60's is 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is a legit masterpiece.

even The Graduate is way better.

Under The Skin
Inherent Vice
Spring Breakers
The Social Network
The Master
Drive

We are hitting a very weak period in film right now though.

Yes. Don't you think that it's exactly the type of gimmick that generates mindless longevity?
I could be wrong I guess.

Of course.

lmao not a chance. formulaic garbage that doesn't lend itself to multiple viewings

The Witch

Most people already forgot that movie existed

Fair enough I guess. Boyhood just fits into so many buzzfeedesque lists that I can't imagine it not being remembered. E.g. The top 10 films that took the longest to make. The top 10 wildest filming ideas. Top 10 over the top directing decisions, etc., etc.

Can you think of an equivalent of the 2010s, or have you already posted?

>formulaic garbage
What?

Thematically it's kinda important for the current age.

i can't think of one.

my personal favorite would be Samsara, but Fricke doesn't have the relevance of Kubrick, by far

>How old will you be in 2060, Sup Forums?

Potter-series will be remembered being beloved world-wide in all age-groups, but also as a proof of concept for a movie series production with same actors spanning a decade.

By partially same merit, the Avengers, that basically started the(still continuing at 2060s) Marvel Cinematic Universe.

But those aren't from 2010s...

Hopefully Deadpool as a movie that made many other amazing M-rated movies possible.

Fury Road is something that was new and unique. I doubt we'll see a film like that ever again.

Cloud Atlas is almost worth remembering, but reached bit too high and was left with few too many flaws.

Enemy will likely gather a cult following, but doubt it'll last that long.. It's mesmerising film though

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. This is probably shown as reference material for visual comedy for movie history..

The only truly deserving movie to remember from 2010s is Intouchables.
imdb.com/title/tt1675434/

this is the most pretentious shit ever

this

>Implying we aren't the generation that can live up to 120 years

I might shit myself to death during but I am seeing that movie.

Avengers

The Neon Demon

Marvel's Dr. Strange

10s are decade of capeshit and cinematic universes. Avengers were the first movie which make it happened.

60's were full of corny spy movies, which nobody remember any more

>How old will you be in 2060, Sup Forums?

93 (that is, I'll be dead).

>dredd
>mad max fury road
These two come to mind immediately as they are fantastic action films and everyone loves action. I suppose a lot of the supershit will be remembered for better or worse along with star wars, but I have a feeling that's gonna be milked to death real quick and hopefully be rightfully put in its grave.

kek

>M-rated movies
You have to go back.

>The Social Network
This.

Yeah... was somehow thinking of esrb ratings.

Birdman
Gone Girl
Calvary
Nightcrawler

2014 was a legendary year.

They're a meme. Primer is mediocre and Upstream Color is trash.

biggest pleb