Should I bother watching this film?

Should I bother watching this film?

Why not

If you are not a pleb, then yes.

Watch the Ultimate Edition.

it's really long and i have to work early tomorrow

how much longer is it?

Watch the ultimate edition. It's long, but I loved it.

3 hours

32min

Watch the Ultimate Edition. Much better than the theatrical verse, but still disappointing to me. 7/10 at best.

yes, it's pretty good
some scenes are kind of silly, but it's well worth it

Yes. The ultimate cut is great.

no, you're never going to kill yourself if you keep hoping the next movie to come out won't be garbage

hope is just another desire that induces netorare rage when it isn't fulfilled, clear your heart of desire and you will know peace, then you can take the next step towards eternal peace

Watch the Batman fight scene for two reasons.

1. It's a possible indicator at the type of movie the standalone Batman movie will be like.

2. It's the closest thing we might ever get to a live-action version of The Dark Knight Returns.

Old bat is best bat because old bat doesn't take any shit. After all, its not killing if he still has some sort of a pulse.

the ultimate version is one of the best super hero movies ever made

perfect pacing, nice and slow build up, plenty of batman and superman scenes

if this had come out around the time of ironman 2 it would have been hailed as a masterpiece

No. Its a solid two hours of batman and superman dancing around with the lamest lex luthor plot possible, every bit of which is completely discarded at exactly 120 minutes, then lex gets supes to fite batmans, that's over in 7 minutes, then doomsday shows up, and bombastic ackshun ensues for the next half hour or so, then the rest of the movie is the most trite funeral scenes possible, ending with the "shocking" revelation that superjesus isn't actually dead.

Do NOT listen to butthurt DC nerds in their cucksheds telling you to waste 3 hours on Ultishit Cut

The theatrical is superior in every way.

Theres 30 less minutes of Lois Lane repeating/muttering some plot revelation under her breath

Also, despite reinserting a scene of Superman helping bomb victims, Superman actually comes across as a bigger asshole in the Ultimate Cut.

Watch the TC

Yes, but the extended cut at home when you have can afford about 4 hours of time. I say 4, because you'll want to take a break sometime during the movie because it drags a bit. But it is definitely worth seeing.

It has some great potential it's just really badly edited and Lex Luthor is a disaster.

>watching inferior version with gaping plot holes unanswered
Plebs please go.

not op but I was curious about this as well, thanks

Basically this.

Why the FUCK would you watch a three hour capeshit movie when you can watch something like Magnolia instead.

The only time you should watch blockbuster schlock like this is when its background, a drinking game, or a night with friends.

Don't waste time seeing this studio BS.

If you're up for a good laugh. It's so bad that it's good.

Is it any better than Man of Steel? It was a 7/10 imho.

Gotta know if you're allowed to like a movie or not

>Magnolia
Because I've already seen it?

That's the point of watching new content, It is new.

I'd say it was better than MoS. I didn't enjoy MoS at all except for that Based Soldier from Law & Order and Faora or whatever her name is.

Do you want to better your mind and sensibility? no then

Do you want to continue down a path of losing IQ points? yes

No.

Plebs will say "muh extended edition"

but Its still extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

okay you convinced me

wow I am team #Captain America now

really made me think

decide for yourself
it's worth it familia

No. It's easily one of the worst capeshits ever to be shat. You simply won't enjoy it.

You wrote all that but didnt say nothin

Lex is garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

Really? I thought the scene of Superman gathering the remains of the bombing victims was a kind gesture.

>flies away while theres still people inside because Lois looks at him funny

So it's a comic book movie. Got it.

But uhh pacing uhh editing uhh convoluted uhh plot holes uhh script

I put negative adjectives in front of these words

These words + adjectives = film criticism

Right? Am I right fellas??? Dont leave me hanging bros!

you're right

it's shit