Whatever Zack Snyder may have become...

Whatever Zack Snyder may have become, he is still responsible for the most powerful scene in cinema of the past 25 years.

top tier husbando

he is responsible for adapting it, that's all

So with Manhattan in DC comics

are they going to make Watchmen film apart of the DCEU

I'm voting Gary Johnson

Some faggots complain about watchmens adaptation but honestly the directors cut is probably one of the best movies I've seen. I can't see a way for them to have adapted it better than the Ultimate Cut too.

That isn't even the most powerful scene in that movie.

Hollis Mason getting beat to death while having flashbacks to his glory days is pure kino.

I'm picking up the Ultimate Cut/Graphic Novel combo

This scene or the Manhattan backstory scene.
>I feel fear for the last time
Chills every time I watch it.

do you people who talk about capeshit literally only watch comic books movies or something? goddamn

What's this actor's name again? I don't know. He really needs to get more roles. Outside of this I can only remember him from that average Freddy Krueger reboot.

My problem is, the cinema cut had the awkward sex scene rather than the awesome death scene of Hollis Mason. If it was Snyder's decision then he's a hack.

Which is ashame, I thought he did a pretty good Freddy from the first couple of films

because they actually adapted a comic instead of trying to make some patchwork abomination from several stories that dont work together at all

Wow you must have really low standards

Name a more powerful screen. Go on, I'll wait.

He was awesome in Lincoln.

Yeah, yeah, he was pretty good, only the movie itself was average.

he played the meat fucker in the new preacher show. pretty sure he died tho. he was also the pedophile in little children and the hippy in the will ferrell basketball movie. yeah his career is pretty shit desu

when tom hanks dies in road to perdition desu senpai ;_;

Lacrimosa

literally every scene in only god forgives

I, too, enjoyed the time Snyder completely missed the point of Rorschach's death and made it emotional and heroic, when it wasn't supposed to be.

This scene was in the comic book so yeah.......

>So with Manhattan in DC comics
I'm looking forward to this, the whole
>Deconstruction of a Deconstruction

sounds interesting.

>its a zack snyder adapts some hacko who 'adapted' kurt vonnegut thread

its the ultimate high IQ teenage film

You need to watch more movies. Possibly read books as well.

you obviously haven't even read the graphic novel, it's exactly the same minus Nite Owl being there.

swim back in gattaca

>its exactly the same

Hi zack. You don't know what you're doing.

remember when he got the ending wrong

The processing scene in The Master

>"it missed the point"
>oh but I'm not actually going to express what I think the point was because i'm just being contrarian

fuck off

This -> I honestly pity people who think Watchmen is "powerful" or any other sort of adjective that imply artistic merit. But what makes me even saltier is "it's the best we could have hoped for from a Watchmen adaptatiom." It certainly is not. I have to believe they're shills and 14 year olds for my own sanity.

Nite Owl being there and screaming "NOOOOO" like Rorschach's death is some big tragedy is the entire problem.

>muh superhero's suffering

Melodramatic trash

>what is taking liberties for a cinematic adaptation

Are all capecucks this fucking intellectually challenged?

JDM played a great Comedian.

Artistic license is not necessarily a good thing, especially in the hands of Zack Snyder

I love every single one of his films except 300 and Sucker Punch

Don't get the hate at all.

he literally took a big smelly shit on it

>except 300
Woman or low test manlet detected.

Why is he pissing out his eye holes?

It was a near perfect adaptation and then he botched it with that nonsensical changed ending. I'm not gonna have this conversatino for the hundredth time so don't bother but Dr Manhattan is American and framing him for the attacks would only cause the world to unite against America. Also his obsession with making every thing "COOL" and "BADASS" (Snyder's favorite two words) and amping up all the gore to a stupid level (Fucking Night Owl snapping limbs to where the bone is exposed? Get fucked). Snyder is only good at making things look nice. Any time he puts his hand into the script or anything he just fucks it up.

Is misusing the word "literally" some kind of Sup Forums meme?

Every time I visit this board it's like I'm stuck in one of those awful fucking MadTV sketches.

It's no Gladiator m8, the brotherhood and honour were all great but I didn't like the rest of it really.

>that scene where he guns down the pregnant vietnam fucking shit then lectures Manhattan about it

ehh, honestly superman death and funeral was more powerful.

Do you think you're saying something literally everyone already knows? We fucking know he took liberties with it and they all fucking sucked dick, completely missed the point or were made pointless by his stupidity. Are you really this retarded?

Christ you're pathetic

1. Tom Cruise in the end of Magnolia
2. The funereal / openning of up
3. The ending of Memories of Murders
4. The ending of enemy
5. The ending of prisoners
6. The ending of The fountain
7. Basically all of Eternal Sunshine

I'm basically a pleb and everything above is pretty mainstream and accessible. Where do all these idiots come from?

Is Sup Forums just an alt /r/dceu now?

> but Dr Manhattan is American and framing him for the attacks would only cause the world to unite against America

>forgetting the scene where he kills an entire room full of US citizens on national television
????????????????????

>people actually praise this and the Hollis Mason death scene as emotional and tragic

Maybe they would have been if they didn't have melodramatic orchestral music swelling, retarded slo-mo (and yes, it's in Rorschach's scene too; look at the snow falling around him) and horrible directing that made the actors as over dramatic as possible.

Snyder can't do quiet, emotional scenes to save his life. They have to be as emotionally manipulative as possible, and faggots eat it up.

Jackie Earle Haley, he's pretty based. Shame he seems to get typecasted as the pedo or the freak and put in terrible movies most of the time. imo he would do great in a show like Stranger Things.

he was his friend, it didnt imply rorschach was right

Those are good but still not better

Which he then ruined with "NOOOOOO"

It doesn't matter.

The whole idea is that eventually there is an inevitability that Veidt's plan will crumble, whether through the discovery of Rorshach's journal, or people just realizing the whole thing is bullshit.

You think the whole Alien thread thing isn't going to become suspect eventually when it becomes clear that these fuckers are never coming back and no evidence is ever discovered about it ever even existing for real?

The whole point is that the Dr. Manhattan angle provides a more satisfying angle for a cinematic feature, letting the film have a much clearer arc and narrative.

They're better. You just have shit taste

yes. Reddit hates literally being used incorrectly so the contrarians here have to LITERALLY use it at every chance they get to be funny

No you have shit taste

Even the end scene in Memelords of the Galaxy where they're all holding DANCE OFF's hand was more gripping than anything in the Watchmen movie. Everything "emotional" about it was unsubtle, loud and obnoxious.

For Christ's sake, this is the movie where they actually play Sound of Silence at a funeral scene. How can anyone look at it and think anything that comes from it is genuinely emotional?

But I don't watch capeshit

Then you havent seen Watchmen?

it is tragic in the novel too.

I've watched a lot, but Watchmen just resonates to me as someone that has been a fan of comics for most of my life, seeing a good, mature take on the superheroes that keeps my captivated throughout was amazing. It might not be one of the bests, but it's one of the favourites.

>still not saying what the problem is

this

honestly serious capeshit is the only type I like, unless it's a full on campfest like Spiderman

The implications and direction of almost all those scenes are far superior.

The ending of Enemy is an absolute synthesis of the entire movie. Its jarring, iconic, disturbing, and yet gives you the best key to what the movie is about and how its poignant.

The problem in comparison is that Rorschach is on the wrong and almost deserves to die in the end. Synder paints him heroically, but I don't think its as empathetic of a moment.

I like watchman and that scene, but its not top tier on comparison. Plus "powerful" doesn't always mean sad or dramatic.

I have when I was 15 and it was shut

That was one of the few good changes in this shitshow, you shiteating retard. If Nite Owl had reacted with more low key horror the same way Rorschsch did with the Blair Roche scene, it would have been perfect. Him being over dramatic is part of the larger problem, but there's nothing wrong with him witnessing Rorschach's death when the movie tweaked their relationship to be a bit more positive than in the comic.

your opinion isn't worth much then since you were fucking 15 you moron

>implying Watchmen wasn't campy shit
>the Nite Owl/Slut Spectre sex scene
>the horrible unsubtle soundtrack
>NOOOOOOOO

Okay, senpai.

>The problem in comparison is that Rorschach is on the wrong and almost deserves to die in the end. Synder paints him heroically, but I don't think its as empathetic of a moment.
That's not what it's about it all, it's not heroic so much as a man staying true to his convictions in the face of death, it's tragic not heroic.

>Rorschach was wrong opposing Veidt's dumbass plan

Even the fucking COMEDIAN knew it was wrong.

it's all relative, spiderman is campy as fuck but has serious moments, watchmen is mostly serious but has campy moments.

He ruined Rorschach though

he had him chop that guy's head up instead of leaving him to choose whether to cut his arm off or burn

How the fuck is Snyder that incompetent? That scenario was the perfect mirror to Rorschach's fate (chooses to die rather than sacrifice his principles)

What a hack.

how do people take gattaca seriously it's so retarded

iirc the studio or Snyder was worried that people would think the original death would be too similar to Saw.

this, there is not some 2deep things in watchmen

The real problem is that it's supposed to be ambiguous, it was tragic and there's no easy answer to whether or not it was necessary and further dirties the actions of Ozy and crew. Snyder, as an Objectivist, doesn't see anything wrong in anything Rorschach does and thinks he's 100% the hero of the story. He was literally the worst person to adapt the comic because the comic asks you to try to reconcile your humanity and your sense while Snyder's philosophy rejects humanity for egoism and absolutism.

I liked it. But its still not as meaningful.

If you look at the scenes I referenced they all have a formal and thematic importance IMO, other than prisoners.

Enemy implies a new cycle in the protagonists life that will repeat the same mistakes all through a disturbing and iconic visual metaphor that has been developed through the whole movie.

Magnolia is just a fucking excellent performance rooted in the continuing theme of sins of the father being passed to the son

They synthesis multiple components effectively rather than just cranking drama on a tragedy. Rorschach s death only comes after the climax of the film.

why would that even matter?

>The real problem is that it's supposed to be ambiguous, it was tragic and there's no easy answer to whether or not it was necessary and further dirties the actions of Ozy and crew.

>The real problem is that it's supposed to be ambiguous, it was tragic and there's no easy answer to whether or not it was necessary and further dirties the actions of Ozy and crew.
I haven't even read the novel and felt the film evoked this well enough.

Why are you quoting?

True. As much as I hated BvS, I can't deny. Watchmen is legit one of my favorite movies ever. Loved Man of Steel, 300, and DotD. I was more surprised than angry that the same guy made BvS

did you see the ultimate edition or theatrical?

Your opinion is uncommon, then. Most people see that scene as the characters willingly compromising themselves and doing "the bad thing" for Ozy. Rather than several characters with different ideologies trying to resolve things and all realizing the futility of it, everyone regretting their actions yet unwilling to be swayed, it's the Randian superhero trying to "save the day" and all those big, bad, collectivist cowards repressing the truth.

The Raimi trilogy is amazing.

how do you hate bvs and not man of steel?

Don't. The way they include Black Freighter is incredibly half assed and just kills the pacing unlike the comic.

Have you seen the directors/ ultimate cut? Maybe there's some things in there that add on to the end, because that's how it came across to me when I watched it.

I have no doubt the film is a lot shallower but when I read about the themes and what the comic is from other people I can see that in the film as well.

Here I was thinking there could be a thread dedicated to good movie endings.

And instead we get watchmen followed by arguments about Synders shitty filmography.

Aside from 300 and maybe dawn of the dead anyways.

I guess the best thing you can do is read the comic and decide for yourself if there's more depth or just better ideas. I don't really agree with Alan Moore about too many things but his biggest strength is getting his belief across that the world is an insane house of cards ready to fall over and you have to see through your spooks, not just other people's, if you want to find the truth.

WILSOOOOOOOON

this nigga understands

I've been putting it off for way too long, but I'll get around to it eventually, probably before the next time I rewatch the film

Is the animated comic strip version any good? I think it's on youtube.

>novel

It's a comic book not a novel fuck off.

Both. Not gonna lie. The ultimate edition was better, but it didn't fix the fact that the movie was fundamentally flawed.
Story, character and logic wise.
Man of Steel was more focused. It wasn't over stuffed or too busy hyping the next movie. It had a waaaaaaaaaay better villain. Even Faora was better than Lex. The action was better and more clear. MoS actually had an editor. Tho the movie was dark and serious, it wasn't drab and weary like BvS. I honestly can't see how you can like BvS over MoS