Post yfw you realize Dunkrick is actually about this absolute madman, psychopath, smiling in the face of death

Post yfw you realize Dunkrick is actually about this absolute madman, psychopath, smiling in the face of death

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/392227/interstellar-insipidness-and-beyond-armond-white
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he was looking at God

How does Nolan not notice shit like this?

Surely they do multiple takes, no?

I doubt it was intended but soldiers do occasionally have strange reactions to combat

Nolan is a one-take machine.

The fact he reliably comes in under budget is why hes got a career.

As someone who genuinely believes Nolan is the most over rated director ever, I cannot get enough of this gif. I have no clue how he didn't see it.

And it's not like it's buried in the movie, but he chose to make this take, this particular one with this guy making a doofus of himself, the first official teaser of the movie.

What the hell, Nolan?

he ruins this movie

Seriously, he's like the 2nd or 3rd guy to turn his head. Your eyes are naturally drawn to it and it's a total horror show. I love it so much.

more like dumbcuck lmao

People compare Nolan to kubrick who was an autistic perfectionist when Nolan allows shit like this in his films

the wait for nolankino will never end

>implying he isn't a secret nazi spy who inflitrates hardy's unit until Harry styles figures but is then killed
Pure kino

Wow, that look of absolute terror, the apex crystallization of the thousand-yard-stare essence, all done in a fraction of a second by an extra in ONE TAKE.
Nolan is truly a genius. There is no doubt in my mind that DUNKIRK will be the best World War II film of the '10s, the century even.

True, was watching combat footage the other day and when the shooting started the guy with the go pro started laughing as he was running towards cover.

My grandfather fought the japanese and although he never spoke much about combat when he was alive he told me a story about a friend that would always whistle even when they were being shot at.

>World War II film
wwi

that's why i'm intersted in this. not many wwi films.

yummy lots and lots of white boys, some with nice lips too

Dunkirk was WWII dumbass

this kek fucking kubrick is a goddamn LEGEND

Muddafucca

Omg thank you for reminding me that this is why Andre's safe word is Fidelio.

And yes, he is a goddamn legend.

>When you look up at a plane and think of TDKR

>Surely they do multiple takes, no?
if Nolan was a good director, he might try that once in a while

He's too busy sniffing his own farts out of wine glasses to notice such things.

Dude, you directed THREE heavy handed and poorly written movies about a man dressing like a bat. Calm the fuck down.

I hate Nolan and his fanboys so much. He's only made ONE good movie, which is Insomnia. It was a legit 8/10 thriller with amazing Robin Williams and Al Pacino. Everything else was 2/10 tier, nothing but a pile of bloated "le epic" mess.

Correct.
He's a con-man.
He sells his movies as "events" that people have to see, and they always turn out to be banal meanderings of his shallow philosophical views with a laughable attempt at copying Kubrick cinematography, and even that feels sterile.

>he does 3 takes maximum
>refuses reshoots
he had stated both of these. He is a full blown idiot.

We'll probably see more of him later on, this will be a trait of that soldier. What if it's intentional?

>tfw it's actually the Bane Plane and Dunkrick is the start of the Nolan Cinematic Universe

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I legit think his Batman movies are awful.

I'm too lazy to find it so someone go ahead and post that gif of the extra from the "no more dead cops" scene looking right at the camera

They were OK but I don't like the fast cuts on his action scenes, especially batman begins. Plus Christian Bales voice changing without explanation was cringey. At least Ben Afflecks batman has a voice modulator. Also he underutilized some of my favorite villains like two face and scarecrow. But I could be just nitpicking.

I hate how all the movies felt like some generic action thrillers, 90% of them had that awful "tense" background score, it was just a string of messy scenes, one after another. Overblown plots, stupid plot holes, Gotham looking like the modern Chicago... God, I hate this bong hack SO MUCH!

You're not alone.

I don't mean to defend Nolan but these. It would bother me more if they all reacted the same.

Tbh, those all look like normal reactions to me.

Uh, he doesn't get to bring friends.

You're adorable.

Maybe there was something funny about how the firefight started or maybe one of his friends quipped something funny?

>*record scratch*
>you're probably wondering how I got here
>to answer that question we'll need to go wayy back
>*VCR rewinding effect*

He's an arrogant retard that thinks everything can be saved in editing.

How is he a con man? He wasnt a known director AT ALL before he took on the Batman Franchise...

Its people like you that are the true cancer.

It is not Nolans fault he became mainstream. It is not like Nolan is being pretentious. It is the people that put him on this pedestal not the other way around.

A literal autist calling someone a psychopath. It's like rain.

>Nolan is a one-take machine.
>The fact he reliably comes in under budget is why hes got a career.
nice bait

Will Dunkirk be rated PG-13?

He spilled all his lasagna on the beach. No 5 second rule when its covered in sand.

>the plane is actually the CIA plane teleported to WWII because of meme magic.

VAAS?

Isn't this the exact same guy that made faces like an idiot during "NO DEAD COPS" in TDK? The eyebrows seem familiar.

If dubs- Aiden is in Dunkirk
If trips - he's in a scene with Hardy
if trips - they're both on a plane
If quints - the plane crashes

You know, that's probably normal for World War II, maybe Shell shock just rendered him with a permanent look of smiling on his face cause he's been numbed by constant action. Like that face Joaquin Phoenix has in The Master.

that is the worst gif I've ever fucking seen.

>Like that face Joaquin Phoenix has in The Master.

That's just how his face is 24/7

Is it really that hard to just be in character when they say "ACTION"?

Or is there just a dearth of stimuli on the set to simulate or at least make it clear that there's a fleet of flying death coming at them? Like come on. I'm so mad because the sound of the planes coming in is so ominous, and these soldiers are utterly powerless and at their mercy.

it looks like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh. Which would explain a lot.

Do any of you underage cucks not realize that human beings (and animals) all react in strange ways to death and the fear of incoming death??"

It's not uncommon for people to have a trait in themselves that appears non-hollywoodized when they are faced with adversity.
Some people accidently laugh, fap or shit themselves when faced with the all mighty or a situation FUBAR.

I've watched this trailer a few times and see nothing wrong this guy or any other, it is one of Nolan's most effective teasers and i aint even British.

>Do any of you underage cucks not realize that human beings (and animals) all react in strange ways to death and the fear of incoming death??"
>believing Nolan intended this, rather than knowing his half arsed shooting techniques where actors in the foreground are doing stupid shit

>insists on practical stunts AND refuses any reshoots
jesus christ

Regardless, none of what we have seen is accurate or inaccurate.

Suspend you beliefs about the way war 'should' be and maybe, just maybe you will reserve some fuel in your autism tanks and enjoy a film (before it is released) and be entertained, rather than just label and madly dissect the next capeshit flick like a broken record until there is no more more memes to trade from it.

DELET THIS

yes

if dubs Hardy says "For you" to some other guy in the movie

Rerolling for this nigga

Holy kek I laughed at this in the theatre the other day because of you guys. Fuck you Sup Forums

Practical stunts, especially explosions, are set up to be done right the first time. In those instances, doing another take is a million dollars' cost.

Rolling for an Aidan Gillen cameo where he plays a spitifire pilot who shoots down a Stuka, saving a britbong boat and then quipping "He didn't fly so good"

This won't happen.

Ma ma!

Fucking Luftwaffe bit using their Stukas to blow these Tommies to fucking bits.

And Hitler for holding back his tank battalions so Goering could get all the glory.

Fucking assholes.

He be like, o shit waddup! here come dat plane

Allah, guide my hand.

the smile isn't even the funniest bit. the best part is how awkward and uncoordinated all his movements are. like the actor barely seems to know what's expected of him and he's just copying everyone around him. and that fucking little glance he takes back at something off to the side while he's turning

*record scratch*
*you're probably wondering how I got here*

Now wait a second. I like Nolan. Dude knows how to make an entertaining blockbuster that doesn't require you to turn your brain ALL THE WAY OFF.

But if you're making the argument that he's EVER tried to copy Kubrick cinematography - you have no idea what you're talking about. At all. The only current directors I can think of that can have this critique (if you want to call it that) attributed to them is PTA and W. Anderson.

We must imagine Nolan happy.

roll

>Its a Sup Forums thinks people under high Adrenalin should behave like when they see a spider in the bath tub

Like you would know

not an argument

How is he not instantly dead after something like this?

why is he acting quazi-normal in such a moment?

MOMS

you'd be amazed how long the body can go for despite damage like that

So we can all agree that Hacksaw Ridge will BTFO Nolan?

God no, Mel's a good director but that movie looks like it's got the budget of a high school play and Garfield just doesn't come off as convincing in the trailer.

>that face
>normal
Nope, he's lost it.

i was kind of hoping nolan would do something interesting like not have a main character or not use big names in this film.

but i see he is using the mumbling big guy hardy

>big names
for you

He saw CIA falling down the crashed plane and realized that our lord and savior survived

Nevermind combat, I sometimes grimace in a way that makes it look like I'm smiling. Makes me look pretty much like that guy. It's not like the guy is flashing his pearly whites.

They're only decent compared to capeshit. And even then the third one is absolute shit.

You dipshit

nationalreview.com/article/392227/interstellar-insipidness-and-beyond-armond-white

>oh fuck look a plane's about to drop bombs on our ass from above let's duck and we'll be fine