ITT: Underrated movies that helped change the landscape of cinema

ITT: Underrated movies that helped change the landscape of cinema

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/LMardNksyRcwgNqu8UXiUA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Agreed. Marvel shills deny it, but this movie is gonna be remembered for a long time. Much more to than any marvel quip fest.

One of the major themes in Dawn of Justice was about post 9/11 American Delusion, our worship of power as a false idol, the power of fear in shaping the 21st century American mind, and the complicit nature of the mainstream media in feeding into this paranoid society (there are still cucks out there who fall for the "liberal media" and "conservative media" memes...it's all the same shit)

It explores this through the deconstruction of major American pop culture icons, by examining their existence in this aforementioned cynical society and how the two of them represents a particular element of this post 21st century American farce.

Then there is also the metanarrative within the film running analog to real world reception and criticism of both Man of Steel AND this film itself.

These are ideas, themes and concepts that literally ooze from every pore of this film, and the Extended Cut further serves to clarify all of this thanks to the now much better told narrative, with easier to grasp character motivations.

Make no mistake, few if any other capefilms belong in the same discussion as Dawn of Justice, as BvS seeks to legitimize myth within reality, providing a uniquely hyper real product unlike anything else. Nolan's films sought to neutralize myth in favor of reality, while Marvel seeks to stifle both myth AND reality within a cartoonish fantasy.

>my capeshit movie is art thread #6003

The ban on all things capeshit can't come soon enough.

Both of you faggots, please look at
It's not "capeshit", it's legitimate kino and should be looked at as such. This movie made a bigger impact on the film industry than almost any other release in the last 15 years.

It doesn't matter how much you meme the fuck out of this movie.

It's still a shit movie

(You)

I agree, but still, BvS is amazing.

Kino is shorthand for "I'm a shitty memer who pretends to like bad movies" for (You)s

here's another one, i wouldn't want to deprive you of what you're looking for

I'm not even meming or being contrarian when I say that I actually really enjoyed it, and normally I'm pretty picky with my movies. The whole
>DUDE NO LAUGHS OR FUNNYNESS LMAO
Critique was pretty unfair desu, as that was clearly not what they were trying to go for in that movie. Plus Ben Affleck proved to be an outstanding Batman and that fight scene with him in the warehouse saving Martha was the best fight scene with Batman ever, by a considerable margin.

The rest of the board disagrees with you friendo. If you prefer something else, there's a nice place for autists like yourself.

I agree completely. The extended cut was excellent and an all around improvement to the theatrical release.

Please murder yourself

>star wars prequels
Pushed special effects forward in ways that would have taken years going piece by piece on other projects. Also Lucas has always been big on the idea of pleasing crowds while at the same time offering substance. He kind of started this Zack Snyder thing of making movies as 'pop art' as Armond White would call them.

These guys don't even seem to realize that we've gotten now four of the most comic-book-esque comic book movies ever made and they're all thanks to the same man.

People aren't used to seeing this "kiddie" heroes used to explore real-world themes and serve as allegories, but comics fans understand what they're seeing and salute it. Fake "geeks" and fanboys can all go hang for all I care.

>James "Jimmy" Olsen
>in-universe fanboy insert
>fake identity in Snyder's film
>shot in the head in the first ten minutes

Get the message yet, posers? You been Zacked.

who can compete with Snyder?

the only way is if James Cameron started directing marvel movies

you just have bad taste and are unaware of it because you only meme in the bubble of Sup Forums capeshit threads. the sooner you acknowledge it the better off you'll be

I seriously never expected this, I didn't like 300, Dawn of the dead was fun, Watchmen was great but then he hits it out the park with the next 2 films.

go watch scarlett johannson quip movie you faggot

Really wish based snyder had more competent executives with backbones behind him.

BvS will probably be the last true capekino we get for a long time now that DC is marvelizing everything from here on out. Slim chance they give affleck creative license to do something interesting in his solo batman but i doubt it.

This Tbh fAm

>It's another I have contrarian, bait opinions about shitty movies episode

>BvS
>shitty
Stop memeing for one second of your life, faggot.

>marvel fanboy:default post

i didn't mention or imply my interest in a "scarlet johannson quip movie" you paranoid cuntrag. go find another strawman to beat on.

your post oozed of marvel fanboy

keep charging at those windmills, dumbfuck.

Marvel doesn't have fanboys. It has mainstream appeal.

Why is it that every meme DC fans put work into reek of infinite butthurt at Marvel fans, but every meme by Marvel fans evokes triumph?

>t. Marvelfag

dont worry maybe Michael Gay will direct one of marvels silly little kids movies

Dude its a dumb fucking movie literaly based around a fucking dilema that has existed for decades in the comic book industry, "who would win batman or superman".

its really fucking stupid how can anyone believe it to be a masterpiece, it was made just to make bank retards

Wow, what a hack.

The laugh that keeps on giving

It's called confirmation bias, friend. Anything about this ring of anything but good, wholesome fun to you?

Because DCucks can only smokescreen their problems away by blaming another capeshit studio. And making literal meme infographics to pretend their video game-tier entertainment is art.

you just know you're a spineless obese numale if you call someone a contrarian because they have a different opinion

without memeing now, what is your opinion on the movie?

See

>yummy yummy, more disney diarrhea for my tummy!!

All capeshit is bad, only DCucks pretend the baby shit they watch is art.

>i posted it again mom

Suicide Squad > DoJ

>both were disappointing

Its still extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

>pretend
There is a post at the top of the thread that explains this pretty clearly. If it's too deep for you, that's your own fault for being retarded.

>Yes, even comic-book franchises promote ideology. This may come as a shock to consumers still stuck on the idea that Hollywood wants to entertain more than indoctrinate. Even normally sophisticated folks who are unschooled in recognizing hegemony or realizing how the culture system functions today prove susceptible to the lure of apparently innocuous entertainment. They hold onto adolescent consumerist gullibility, and this is the ideology that Suicide Squad’s producer, Zack Snyder, is up against.

>If DC is the conservative comic-book universe to Marvel’s pseudo-progressivism, it couldn’t be more unpopular among kids who enjoyed the ludicrous platitudes of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

>They both (Snyder and Ayer) approach a childish genre like adults — and that’s what annoys the Marvel kids, whose bad rap on Suicide Squad has already gone viral.

>Think metaphorically again, and see that Suicide Squad entangles post-Vietnam and post-9/11 notions about heroism and citizenship. Deadshot does the right, patriotic thing, yet compliments Waller, his treacherous superior, saying, “That’s gangsta!” This use of hip-hop cynicism speaks more directly to modern confused ethics than most lines from other movies and most politicians. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen for millennial viewers (and voters), who think their patriotic moral conflict is new.

He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.

More care went into Lex's dialogue than literally any other movie I've seen this year.

it's amazing how nu-cucks can type so much yet actually say so little.

A copypasta or facsimilie of one that's been posted here hundreds of times, you're just buying into bait like the gullible idiot you are.

Reminder that only nu-males, SJW's and feminists hated BvS.

Just because it's copypasta doesn't make it untrue.

Afraid not, son. It's there. You're just too willfully blind and obtuse to see it.

Lex is still garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

>Misogynist
>fascist
It's like they don't even know the meaning of their buzzwords anymore.

Why make an bait thread that is super obvious?

It was all over the place. Meandering in areas that don't matter (Lois spending 20 minutes finding out that Luthor is evil and does nothing with the information). Incredibly weird ads for the next movies (like when the dramatic music starts when Wonder Woman's picture shows up).

I have no idea where it's going. It fails to set anything up in a logical way that it makes the rest of the movie a chore to watch, a waiting game to the big fight, which was so mediocre and full of terrible effects that it wasn't worth watching 2 hours in the first place.

I don't even give a shit about the Martha thing because it works in the sense that it shocks Bruce into actually taking a second to think, but that admits that Batman wasn't thinkign for the entire film, because absolutely no one was.

>recycled a shot from an actual good director in a bad movie
>this is kino my friends

You needed an origin story for the Batman? Or Wonder Woman for that matter?

This was basically Lex's origin story and Bruce's redemption. I didn't need a dozen movies worth of setup to figure that out.

has anyone watched these in black and white? i might do it soon

If you were watching this waiting for the big, dumb fights, you were watching it for the wrong reasons.

I understand though. I hated DDL's Abraham Lincoln for the same reasons. The whole movie he didn't kill one vampire. What kind of bullshit is that?

Is "BvS was good" a better meme than baneposting?

>mcuck complains about reposts

>then proceeds to evanspost

mcucks are literally a disease

Batman v Superman is so bad DC may have tanked their entire cinematic universe already.

You can bet your asses WB Exec's are fucking terrified that Wonder Woman might flop. Batman v Superman's gross was frontloaded as fuck and dropped HARD, only meeting the absolute bare minimum of box office expectations. It was entirely sold on hype and goodwill from fans, and the movie was complete shit, and everyone knows it. Everyone saw that Sad Affleck meme video, and the cultural consensus is, by and large, that BvS sucked. Is anyone really excited for Wonder Woman? Even fucking Justice League? Do normies know that movie is coming out? They're already a billion in the hole for this franchise, and it's not taking off like they hoped it would.

This was really great

Its shit. sorry.

What do people get out of pretending to like DC movies again? No one actually believes you.

>pretending

Yeah it's real hard to believe that people are pretending to be retarded on Sup Forums, home of bait threads and pedophiles

>actually samefagging this thread for an hour about not liking the movie

imagine getting this triggered by a film lmao

hello,

super hero movies largely are a joke

in no way has this movie contributed anything of value to cinema as a whole,
maybe it wasn't a dud as per the usual super hero blockbuster

goodbye

60fps version or 24fps version?

Why don't you go talk about something you like? That's all we're doing.

i've never seen any of those marvel movies and i'm proud of it

really makes u think

>Armond White
>liking and disliking movies
He doesn't tell you if he enjoyed a movie or not in his column. He gives movies what they deserve. To prove him wrong you'd have to cite each review movie by movie and provide counterpoints. White wants actual discourse in film discussion, not '5/5!' 'NO, FUCK YOU 1/5!'

And none of those ones there really offend me.

I'm 60% convinced that this woman shitposts anonymously on Sup Forums and just posts thread highlights to RT for a living.

having now looked at the reviews I can say that this movie is a dud and OP is actually retarded

See
If it was too deep for you, watch it again after you graduate middle school.

"BvS is deep" meme is still a meme it seems. If anything, the movie will be remember for that meme more than the movie itself

>guy keeps shitting on the film

>doesn't understand what IP count is

>other people tell me what to think

really makes you think

reminder

yawn

not an arguement

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/LMardNksyRcwgNqu8UXiUA/

>image.png

Hi, can you explain why you do this 24/7?

Reminder.

do IQlets really believe this brainless drivel counts as serious criticism?

fucking wew lad