WHAT DC SHOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE BVS/SUICIDE SQUAD:

WHAT DC SHOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE BVS/SUICIDE SQUAD:

>standalone Batman movie
>no backstory intro, we already know Batman
>do a short re-enactment of Batman Year One where he knocks the Joker into the acid
>timeskip forward, Joker shows up as a villain
>sets up timebombs all over the city and goes "AND IF SUPERMAN SHOWS UP I'LL BLOW IT ALL TO SMITHEREENS"
>have nameless goons as well as Deadshot and Killer Croc around that Batman has to fight to get to the bombs
>have Joker giving him cryptic hints along the way to further Batman as a detective instead of a killmachine
>Batman disarms all the bombs, captures Joker, puts him in Arkham
>post-credits, psychologist Harley walks into a room with Joker and we foreshadow her going crazy

This way they have Batman established for BvS and don't have to fuck around with explaining him in that movie
AND you have Joker and a few key members of Suicide Squad set up so the standalone movie doesn't get bogged down with introductions

WHAT DC DID INSTEAD:

>make one mediocre-at-best Superman movie
>blow their load immediately and make the ensemble BvS movie straight away
>never even CONSIDER making movies for the other individual members of the JLA before announcing THAT ensemble movie
>never establish any members of Suicide Squad as villains in the other movies
>instead introduce them all through the movie that MAKES THEM THE FUCKING HEROES

Marvel earned the right to make their ensemble movies by having consistently solid standalone movies for several years.
DC can't stop premature ejaculating trying to get all the fucking cash they can out of the ensemble movie buzz that Marvel carefully crafted over the course of almost a fucking decade.

Other urls found in this thread:

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Cards
galacticnewsone.com/2014/12/aiden-gillen-being-looked-at-to-play.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shuddap

Why didn't they use team pic related instead? ;_;

Because Martian Manhunter is too "weird" for DC to ever consider putting to film

Instead they're using Cyborg who nobody gives a fuck about

They could've used Aquaman instead of him but keep the others.

usually Sup Forums will come into this thread and take a shit on OPs idea. but fuck it, i like it....however, the thread is early yet, so expect a shitstorm a few posts later

Samefaggot

Cringe

To be fair, the JL cartoon crew wasn't even OG Justice League.

Hawkgirl isn't standard and they used John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan. They even used a completely new backstory for Hawkgirl.

But the difference is they did that because
1. They wouldn't have to complicate things with those characters' backstories unless they explicitly wanted to
2. To have a black dude and a second girl for the sake of visual and personality diversity which keeps kids' attentions better (Hal and Flash is too much comic relief and having only Wonder Woman doesn't leave enough potential romantic drama)

You can make changes to the story, it just can't be for no goddamn reason or solely to make cash

you were saying princess?

Fucking terrible jesus christ never make a thread like this again OP

or they could have just made the Arkham Asylum comic and it would have introduced all the SS

Well friends I lifted that plot idea for a standalone Batman movie directly from a fantastic episode of Justice League, just gave a plot reason for it to only be Batman and changed the side goons into SS characters to streamline things

So take it up with Bruce Timm if you think that's a cringey plot

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Cards

Shazam will be shit I guess.

Go away, Sup Forums needa you, they like generic crap.
No one gives a shit about your opinion or mine. But your autistic "what they should had done2 it's the same as the niggers that wanted Triple HHH to be thor.

>Marvel earned the right to make their ensemble movies by having consistently solid standalone movies for several years.

Go away filthy pleb, to your cartoons and capeshit threads

What is it with you normies and wanting everything spoonfed at baby steps?

>Sup Forums's opinion on comic book movies is bad because I've never read any comic books
>the people who know the most about superheroes and how to make them appealing are wrong

They put Cyborg in just to have a token black guy when they could've used the black Green Lantern. They should've put Robin in the JL movie instead of Cyborg, he was a main member in the Superfriends series

>Because Martian Manhunter is too "weird"
And yet Marvel gives no fucks having vision.

>take The Dark Knight Returns and try to put it to film
>while also having The Death of Superman in there too
>plus Wonder Woman
>also something about Lex Luthor
>also Justice League foreshadowing

>wow, why did cramming five different comic book plotlines that were already pretty dense on their own into one movie not work out?
>must be that baby normies want to be spoonfed information at an actual proper pace

The Dark Knight Returns was made into two full-length animated movies on its own, you can't fit that much shit into a movie without it being a bloated mess

If you call proper pacing and good time budgeting "spoonfeeding" then you might be retarded

I don't disagree, DC really could have benefited from 1 or 2 prereq movies before SS/BvS. Joker seems forced into SS movie for no real reason. It ended up feeling like it should have been spread out over 2 movies. They re-introduce probably the most iconic comic book villian of all time in a side-story with like 15mins of screen-time, was awkward. If they cut a bunch of it out, I really wanted to see it. I think DC is just scrambling to keep up with Marvel instead of focusing on doing their own material and trying to do it better than Marvel. So much potential that keeps getting rushed to keep riding the comic book movie wave.

>Write an entire essay telling us that they should have set up the characters and films before rushing in
Cool, unique opinion, brosephine! Thanks for articulating it!

>standalone batman movie to introduce us to batman
>no backstory though we already know batman

WHAT DC SHOULD HAVE DONE

>Fire Snyder
>Rehire Nolan

TL;DR

>rehire Nolan

To direct CIAcide Squad maybe.

galacticnewsone.com/2014/12/aiden-gillen-being-looked-at-to-play.html

You don't need a prequel for every single character in a fucking movie. Suicide Squad would have been fine without the editing - which they did, might I remind you, to please the braindead Marvel audience

Suicide Squad was Magnificent Seven with superpowers. That's all it needed to be.

>Martian Manhunter is too "weird"

He's a shapeshifter, they could of just had him in human form most the movie like Jlaw in X-Men.

We need to introduce Batman because Dark Knight Returns (which is what BvS is based on) takes place at the END of Bruce's career as Batman.
That can't be the first fucking thing we see of a new incarnation of Batman.

Spider-Man was in like fifteen minutes of Civil War, enough to tease his own movie but not so much that he's just thrown at us.
His movie doesn't have his backstory either but that doesn't mean we don't need to get accustomed to a new actor playing the character under a new director.

Point is, you can't throw the character directly into the heavy shit without first letting us get used to them under their NORMAL circumstances, and we especially needed a way to set up the new Joker knowing he would probably be radically different than the previous film versions.

It's not DC, it's WB. There's a difference.

WB mandated the N52 reboot, including a change in the lineup of the league to make it minority friendly. Geoff Johns loves Hal and some exec hates MM so he got replaced with the black guy with the highest previous sales.

WB genuinely hates DC properties and are only digging into them now because they think they can make easy money. Cartoon Network also intentionally schedules DC shows in the worst timeslots so that they'll fail because they have to share the revenue from it with DC.

Bruce Timm said that he left Warner animation because every time he pitched something, he would have to pitch the OPPOSITE of what he wanted- WB execs were so combative that they'd literally try to undermine you on everything out of spite.

Another (bad) complaint is that they think he overlaps too much with Superman, what with the flying and super strength. I don't see how though since he's also a psychic shape-shifting matter-phasing guy but w/e

kys

Sup Forums is fucking pleb actually

>waaaaaah they've done things differently!
>it's bad! teehee!
>waaaaaah they've copied source material shot by shot!
>it's bad! teehee!

pleb opinions such as yourself or that subreddit about comics on our imageboard should just fuck off

they like tumblr shit Marvel puts out (i.e. nuSpider-Woman, nuCaptain Marvel with bitch haircut), fucking wake up sheep, you should never ever listen to them

Snyder actually moves the medium forward and that's why his films are memorable for years

I still like TDK because it's great and well done as a film, but don't like hobo Joker design or cringey Bats voice

>calls me a pleb
>likes TDK

TDK is the ultimate normie movie friendo
It's barely a Batman movie and the only thing that saves/carries it is Ledger's performance
Not Joker's character because his character is incredibly simple and has nothing to do with real Joker, but an impactful performance

TDK without Ledger's performance would be just as bad as Rises

I'm not even gonna address you calling Hack Snyder good because that's literally an indefensible position, he just takes amazing comics and butchers them on-screen so plebs like you see the glimmers of brilliance from the source material and misattribute it to Synder

The Joker with bombs? That sounds cool

No one likes Spider-Woman but Gwenpool is a cute. sure you're not talking about her?

and Captain Marvel as a butch lesbian is hot

>Trips plays Thor
>Cena plays Cap

I might see this

>liking memeshit such as Gwenpool (jesus christ) or Spider-Gwen

kys

>>Sup Forums's opinion on comic book movies is bad because I've never read any comic books

Sup Forums's opinion is shit. And i read comics, since 1989.

Sup Forums doesnt get what an adaption is, the criteria for being good is "things that i like happened" crap comics like Rebirth was called "great", really bad tv shows like Flash get praise, and since all the do is watch entre level garbage movies they think Marvel capeshit is actually good. Sup Forums doesnt know shit about anything that isnt animated movies.

Cyborg is there thanks to a guy called Geoff Johns, an executive from DC and writer that used his role as consultant to push Cyborg, that way he would fill the black guy role and shield his husbando, Hal Jordan the green lantern from being replace with the black guy from the animated series, john.

Is that simple.