ITT: GOAT sports movies

Sup Forums is too busy fapping to their olympic waifus for any quality discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85RZMIAL7vM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I loved Moneyball, great fucking movie.

Any Given Sunday is right at the top of sports movies, too.

Second one was garbago doe

I really enjoyed Seabiscuit

I bet they would never get away with the whole "No crying in baseball" line if they did it today.

In my opinion the greatest comedy ever made and the second greatest sports movie ever made behind Bull Durham.

Still a failure

I don't care, it's a great movie. Moneyball is one of the finest films of the last decade

As a film it's good but not very objective in terms of what actually happened

This isn't a sports movie. RE: This isn't a sports movie.

Goal

Coach Carter (if ur a nig)

Chariots of fire will always be a classic

I know theres more but for some reason I cant think of any

A league of there own is actually pretty good, if you can handle a bit of muh stronk women

Have you read Moneyball? It's one of my favorite books of all time, but it would make a really boring movie.

Moneyball as a movie works because it's "about Billy Beane and his nerdy Yale sidekick changing a century old institution."

Moneyball would've been dreadful if they presented it as, "the story of Billy Beane trying to maximize his limited budget by buying underrated statistics instead of traditional statistics like batting average and slugging percentage."

I know this is going to get me super neck beard status, but I was under the impression that this is how baseball teams picked their squads since the 40 or 50's maybe. I was kind of surprised this was such a huge deal in baseball. It just seemed kind of seemed like common sense.

The book isn't very accurate either really. It vastly overrates Billy Beane's importance and makes it seem he revolutionized baseball which is just not true. This is because Michael Lewis has a particular writing style where he tries to express nonfiction using techniques usually found in novels and so on.

If you google "moneyball criticisms" you'll find a few articles about how the book pushes an inaccurate myth

Any sports movie with an American domestic sport is automatically terrible.

Nobody wants to watch some Chad who thinks he's a soldier or warrior going into battle because he's playing another college-level football team. Who gives a fuck.

>success or failure based on money made
kys, jewshit

Rush is obligatory in these threads. It deserved to be way more popular than it was.

>That 70s race atmosphere
>That fucking GOAT performance as Niki by Bruhl, who got completely overlooked at the Oscars
>Great racing scenes

do f1 races actually take place in the pouring rain? if so, why do europeans have so little regard for human life? I thought we learned our mistakes from the gladiators of rome

There has been statistical analysis done in baseball for decades, correct, but they were largely using statistics that aren't necessarily that useful. Bill James wrote about that for a long time and his ideas have more recently gained traction all over; putting the responsibility for that with Beane is not necessarily correct

The biggest problem I have with the book/movie is it makes it seem like they found some hidden offensive talents using statistical analysis that no one else had access to. The main reason they played well was their outstanding pitching, and a good chunk of their rotation were first round draft picks they had gotten from sucking ass for so long

Because we're not American pussies. We're REAL men.

The races depicted in the film took place in conditions every bit as fucking horrible as they appeared. Times have changed though but F1 used to be ridiculous.

Pic related is the real life final race from Rush.

>it's a faggot post
>he's so much of a fairy that goes even again gladiatoring

Money Ball was shit if you understand baseball and what happened.

But best sports movies to me are Slap Shot, The Longest Yard, Raging Bull, and The Hustler.

>i can't enjoy a well written film because muh inaccuracies
you're such a loser, user. just enjoy the show!

yeah I kind of noticed that. I really am not a baseball fan at all, but I at least know that pitching and hitting is pretty much what counts. It seemed to even a non sports/baseball fan that it was exaggerated or embellished at least.

kill yourself

>no Bull Durham

what the hell is wrong with you people

youtube.com/watch?v=85RZMIAL7vM

One of my favorite movies of all time and it's the only one that has made me cry. I related big time in this movie I was a great d lineman, I had offers from div 1 schools til I tore my acl and Mcl and destroyed my meniscus. All the offers were revoked, I fuckrd my knee at practice stepping into a sprinkler hole

Moneyball is better than Bull Durham, though. Hell, AGS is probably better than Bull Durham.

>Nobody has mentioned the eternal GOAT
Fucking plebs

Can other movies even compete?

you're fucking nuts

Any given Sunday is a mostly shit movie. Pacino delivers a great monologue but that's all the movie has going for it

they didn't even mention the civil rights movement even though their pitcher was black, shit whitewashed movie

That's because the movie is told from the perspective of a child who wouldn't bother bringing it up

Why is nobody posting Rocky? Why is nobody posting a movie that not only displays the fine intricacies of the sport, but also the inner details of the human spirit? Why don't women understand this film? Why do I relate so much to Rocky? Why don't you cry when the music swells in the final moment of the film? Why Sup Forums?
why?

Varsity Blues bois

What the fuck does that have to do with anything you dumb fucking nigger, also my last shit still only took 4 wipes

People just forgot to post. Now you did. It's truly top of the 'sports genre'.
People just forgot to post.
This is a meme. Some do, some don't.
I have a hard time crying, but if I didn't, I would cry at that moment. It's a crying worthy scene.
Because people forgot to post, I already told you.
PEOPLE FORGOT TO POST, THAT'S ALL