What movie do you blame for the explosion of capeshit?

What movie do you blame for the explosion of capeshit?

1989 batman

only correct answer

Spiderman 2002. First one to crack into the mainstream.

>Budget $139 million[2]
>Box office $821.7 million[2]

t. raimi

the first X-men

iron man is what emboldened marvel

The Avengers.

It didn't really explode before that, so every other answer is wrong.

Blade, honestly. It showed that you could make a reasonably successful movie from a literal who tier character.

Batman and superman had always had a presence on screen. Be it george reeves in the old serials or adam west's batman.

>waah mommy this genre triggers me

I'm glad.

Batman Begins, after that it was ok to like superheroes and they discovered there was actually a market for it.

Good

Iron Man. They made it too accessible for the audience.

First Spiderman for sure

What i do know is that TDK started the "everything must be gritty and dark" thing. The Amazing Spiderman is a direct result of that.

Ah, those are all good movies.

both are right
also Smallville anyone?

this. after avengers made insane bank, every other studio wanted their own cinematic universe.

Didn't the X-Men already have one by then?

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVEEEE MEEEEEEEEEE

Iron Man was the movie that's responsible for modern capeshit. Capeshit like X-men, Spider-man, and Batman were a fun watch because their direction and cinematics matched the tones of their source material, and most importantly, we're SELF CONTAINED. Iron Man slapped in tones and direction and a manufactured clichéd main character, which would be the basis for every single film in a universe in which the film started. Generalising and standardising everything like Marvel has done cripples the ability to make it a good film, and just turns it into schlock. A big interconnected universe that's just a microscopic version of the original one just serves to make people feel like they're an expert in something by being a fan and hooks them into a fantom and have them continually coming back.

Capeshit has always pretty much sucked, but Iron Man was the shit that clogged the toilet.

and Spawn

this

I don't know whether you mean explosion as in positive or negative

positive
>Burton's Batman in 90's
>started the studios looking for comic book characters literally all over the place
>2000's
>Spider-Man 1

negative
>Avengers

most superhero movies went to shit once Avengers turned out to be a generic fuckfest which made over one billion. also the first major Marvel/DC movie that actually had me hyped as fuck but let me down very hard

if 9/11 didnt happen it probably wouldve had half that

It wasn't a singular explosion, but these two answers are the defining points. Spiderman 2 is what really started the fire, Iron Man is what made it rise. That was when Marvel got their formula down pat, began their whole extended cinematic universe thing, and cranked up their sausage factory into the constant steady pace we see today.

>capeshit
>positive