Where does this rank in all time acting performances?

Where does this rank in all time acting performances?

I think only Marlon Brando's performance in The Godfather tops it.

>Heath gave fantastic performance in The Dark Knight
>Marlon Brando's best performance is the Godfather and not 'On The Waterfront'
back to lebbit

Lol no

>not 'A Streetcar Named Desire'
you deserve a good hiding

top 50 or something

>Marlon Brando's performance in The Godfather
>#1 performance ever

oh brother

>*smacks lips*
>*licks lips*
>*plays with silicone*
>*licks lips*
>*smacks lips*
Best acting of all time.

AYO HOL UP

He was good but its way overblown because he died. Op is a normie faggot and his opinion is dumb

Brendan Fletcher is one of the best actors ever.

And yet no one hardly knows about him

>starred as a psychopathic kid when he was only 10 years old
>starred in Goosebumps
>Did an amazing performance in Uwe Boll's Rampage trilogy

Seriously you people think Ledger was the best ever? You should watch Rampage 2 (Rampage 1 is just him killing people but Rampage 2 actually has him deliver some really great lines - all government/politics aside).

I know you are memeing but im going to give my honest thoughts on his performance.

I watched this opening day, when he came on screen I didnt hear any girl hoot, any scream NOTHING, everyone in that fucking theater sat in silence half in shock and half soaking in every second of his performance, right after the opening scene nobody gave 2 shits about anything after that, it was just waiting for his next scene, remember that at this time Batman Begins was HUGE and everyone was hyped as shit to see the dark knight finally come to life but even that didnt matter, I cant recall a single scene with Batman more memorable than ANY Joker scene, and im a huge Batfag.

Sure its easy to sneer and laugh at all this people claiming it was amazing but im not going to lie, when it came out and you didnt know jack shit about it except for a few pics and speculation it blew you away.

Forget about the method acting rumors or hot topic normie fans, forget about the memes and "internet critics" and look at it for what it is, the best incarnation of the Joker we ever had, remember that also at that point Nolan didnt know that the Joker was going to fucking die and basically kill his Batman franchise, we can speculate all day about "what would have happened in the third movie" but the reality is that we will never know what Nolan had planned for his character and it will always feel incomplete.

I dont care about Ledger's methods or personal life, if he can convince me he is the Joker then thats all I need, and I am not ashamed in saying that he absolutely accomplished that and thats all that ultimately matters to me.

People who are on crazy pills for a long time smack their lips a lot

>Uwe Boll's Rampage trilogy

>trilogy

really?

People will call me a pleb but Heath's Joker was one of the only roles were I felt the actors transformed into something else.

People call Jack Nicholson or LeoDecap great actors, but I never see anything but them when they act. With the TDK Joker, I saw no A Knight's Tale or Brokeback Mountain, I just saw the Joker.

nicholson did great in shining.

who even is he?

Reminds me of that guy that was in terminator salvation. Just a plain faced guy with nothing to offer

He also starred in the Revanent as a cameo. Seriously which his film series. He is a Canadian dramatic actor

no you're right, he's a great character in an average movie.

without ledger, TDK wouldn't have been nearly as highly regarded as it is now.

lad, OTW is GOAT and has Brando at his best

dear god its a trilogy now?

okay i was going to watch this garbage.

i dont know what i expected from Uwe Boll.

Its complete shit.

Don't watch this if you're easily offended.

Second.

You're right desu. He dared to do something different and succeeded

It's up there. Contenders from my highly subjective memory:

>Charlize Theron in Monster
>Johnny Depp in Pirates
>Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs
>Leonardo DiCaprio in What's eating Gilbert Grape
>Lee Pace in Soldiers Girl
>Tom Hardy as Bronson

I'm sorta focusing on transformative performances only, there's a whole nother argument for subtlety and nuance.

It's not top 20 for me. Maybe top 50 but probably not. I think somewhere in the 80 - 120 range.

>only Marlon Brando's performance in The Godfather tops it

>People call Jack Nicholson or LeoDecap great actors, but I never see anything but them when they act.

I'm willing to bet you've seen fuck all of Jack's performances.

>putting di caprio and based jack in same sentence

Well said