3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 7 > 2

3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 7 > 2

the correct order

Is 3 the best? How about
nnNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thread

>he fell for the revenge of the sith is shit meme

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 7 > 2

7 brought absolutely nothing new to the table. It was literally 4 with different actors. Still better than the trash that was 2 though.

Switch 1 and 3 and I'll agree

Also I always rate 6 aggressively high because of the dancing ewok party at the end

why did they fuck it up lads? they had a decent cast. was it hack abrams?

No original thoughts

Copy and pasted old sequences

Pandered to progressives

Played it safe

Objectively
5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

Personally
6 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 7 > 2

>6 is any good

why can't this meme die?

2>3>1 i dont mind natalie portman and like kamino and the clone war

the rest i cant stand. too old, fake cgi

Here's a pity (You)

what didn't you enjoy?

postan the objective truth

So many jar jar fags in here.

This is good.

Objectively the only correct list:

6 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2

5>6>4>7>1>3>2

Episode 2 just takes me to a special place it'll always be my favorite

4,5,1,2 & 3 > 6 > pile o' shit > 7

dumb post

/thread

dumb frogposter

smart frogposter

5>4>>>>>>>2

Accurate list, though maybe too many >'s.

>all this plebs think rots is bad

i bet you faggots thought tfa was a good flick, too

rots is fucking terrible except the last 30 minutes

5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7

Force Awakens felt fake as fuck.

5>4>6>3>7>1>2
Every answer but this is wrong.

and only because of references

>7>1>2
But 1 and 2 at least were original and had some good music. 7 is just shitty remake with shit music.

2>1>3>4>5>7>6

nobody stepped in eopie shit in 7

that's makes it better by default

7 has a bunch of interesting new shit and unanswered questions, especially with all the new hints and shit from aftermath, where one and two were cardboard with no stakes cause we were all just waiting for vader.

Main villian literally has eopie shit instead of face.

Was anybody else disappointed at how artificial Finn and Rey felt in Episode 7? All of their actions and reactions seemed to be written to service the immediate plot without regards to consistency throughout the film. It's why Rey can master the force in a few scenes, and Finn never bats an eye after he viciously murders dozens of his former squadmates at the beginning. Not to mention how Poe disappears and reappears without discussion or explanation, in order to allow the destruction of the Starkiller to be seen by the audience.

Only Kylo Ren has anything approaching a genuine character arc.

I get the feeling that JJ Abrams just writes and directs for the moment, without thinking of the larger picture. He can create an emotional moment, but every scene feels so disconnected in any sense that's deeper.

The prequels also had odd character moments, but I don't remember anything off of the top of my head that's as jarring as what Abrams did.

>it's a star wars thread

comfy desu
i can't wait till rogue one comes out if only to bring back /sw/ for a month or so

Episode 7 was a hollow forgettable cash grab. There was not one single memorable character, save for Kylo. I have no hopes for the rest of this series to be anything but a retread of the original trilogy. And it's shaping up to be just that.

I'd like to at least reserve judgement for Rogue One until after it's released, but I'm not holding out for anything spectacular. If it turns out to be an epic instalment, then it'll be a pleasant surprise.

I'm holding out hope that the writers and directors of the next few 'core' movies offer a touch of their own experience, rather than parroting the Abrams style > substance formula.

>Episode 7 was a hollow forgettable cash grab
Pretty much. The older I become the more I dislike prequels but at least those are fun to watch for action and music and all that SW stuff like planets and shit. 7 felt nothing like SW. It had some cartoony villians, some fags instead of generals, no music, stupid plot LOL EMPIRE IS BACK. I was prepared for bad movie but I wasn't expect it to be as mediocre in every way.

>Rogue One
Wasn't there a rumor it was so shit they basically started to refilming whole thing from the beginning?

Snoke is still intriguing as fuck, Poe is gonna be boss later, and Rey was sick. Try again.

It's blatant copy-paste of the original is one of its biggest mistakes, but
>no music
is what hurt me the most, I think. I didn't realise it until I had already left the cinema, but the fact that I couldn't remember any track except Rey's theme just made me sad. What happened? Is the magic all but gone?

I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it, user. I sincerely wish I could too.

Not enough quips

Ah, yes, because this strategy worked out so exceptionally well for F4ntastic and Suicide Squad.

>People hating on 7 even though it's only problem was it tried too hard to be like 4

>REY WAS SIIICCCCKK!!
>woohohoo millenium falcon flip HOOOOLLYYY
>she's UNBEATABLE11!!1

Pass

5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 2

>only problem
Anybody have the gif of Finn 'acting' when Han solo dies?

I was thinking more of him reacting to Ren kidnapping Rey, actually.

V > IV > VI > VII > III > I > II

OBJECTIVE TRUTH:

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 1 = 3 >>>> 2

revenge is first, dont care about the rest order them how you like

Wrong.

4 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 7

these are the nonmeme answers

5 >>> 4 > 7 > 1 = 2 = 3 = 6

The best one in this thread although I would say 3 > 2

shit>3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 7 > 2

5 > 4/6 > 6/4/7 > 3/4/7 > 1/3 > 1/3/7 > 2

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > 2 seems to be Sup Forums's patrician consensus

Personally 1 was worse than 2, it was a huge disappointment seeing it in 1999 expecting it to be like the original trilogy.

2 had so many more memorable moments than 7. All 7 did was play on nostalgia.

Wow I've never had anyone close to agreeing with me before

Glad you prefer 1 to 2 and 3 like I do. 1 is far more memorable and enjoyable in my opinion.

And glad you prefer 4 to 5 as well. 4 is just such a great movie in my opinion. 5 is good but it doesn't stand on its own as well as 4 I don't think.

But as for 2 and 3, I guess you could make that argument, but the only thing I really remember about it is the overwrought fight, and the Darth Vader scene. Whereas 2 has quite a lot of memorable bits in my opinion (Obi Wan and and Jango Fett on Camino, the fight with Count Dookoo, the bit in the middle with all the Republic Cruisers, and the gladiatorial fight, then the fight with the Jedis, etc)

Oh yeah and I remembered one of the main reasons - I fucking hate General Grievous, he's even more of a kiddy character than Jar Jar in my opinion. That's why I don't like 3

Since this is the only SW thread I can find, does anyone have any links to Rogue One spoilers or something?

OBJECTIVELY CORRECT ORDER COMING

5>4>7>6>3>1>2

why on earth do people actually think 5 is better than 4? Blows my mind. Ooo lightsaber fight scene so cool "I'm your daddy" edgy. None of the movies are worth watching anymore besides 4. The prequels are utter trash that should not be mentioned at all and 7 was just a shitty mashup of the most popular shit from the original trilogy, so fucking easy to make that movie knowing everyone will love it because it's just the same old shit. I hope ep 8 bombs bc Rian Johnson blows and he hasn't made a movie that deserves more than 5/10 on any scale.

>MRW people try telling me III wasn't complete shit

It's all the reasons Irvin Kershner said in his interviews. "I needed to have humor, but I couldn't have gags. I needed romance, but couldn't have any smooching, or kissing. I needed a climax, but the film couldn't have one because it was the middle part. What I had, was the characters, and their interactions, and while not a story climax, I had and emotional one."

5 is best because of Kershner. The directing was on point, the story is tight, and the characters are full and engaging.

5>1>3>4>7>6>2

Why does everyone hate The Phantom Menace?

>the story is tight

5>4>6>3=7>1>2

Mads Mikkelsen is Felicity's dad. He helped create the death star. She runs away as Krennic recruits him cos he knows he's a renowned engineer. Donnie Yen dies. Vader fucks him up

Meesa dun kno

I done seen it all. Except for 7.

7 is a safe, simplistic film that doesn't try to do anything new.

HOWEVER each prequel film is an absolute shitshow. The characters are not only shit, but they don't make sense and aren't consistent. The dialogue is atrocious (a 12 year old could do better). The plot is ridiculous. The CGI is terrible. The scenes are poorly put together. The lightsabre battles are shit. And nothing makes any sense.

Also 5 is objectively the best followed by 4.

Cast the kid for Anikin like 3 or 4 years older, and take JarJar's dial down about 4 notches, cause that shit was up past 11, and you would have had a much better movie.

Otherwise, I agree. I liked episode 1.

> tfw got berated by geek friends for liking 5 the best

1 > 2-7. I can't be the only one with this opinion?

this is the only good answer