Tfw hollywood is phasing out physical media to make you buy films and tv shows digitally at inflated prices

>tfw hollywood is phasing out physical media to make you buy films and tv shows digitally at inflated prices
>used dvds harm hollywood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnsizkVjGm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What a fucking anti-Semitic post. Remove it.

No, Polanski.

>tfw hollywood is phasing out VHS to make you buy higher quality DVDs at inflated prices

It's called advancement of technology you dumb fuck.

>implying i actually pay any kind of money for the shit that Hollywood churns out

You wanna know the last movie i saw in theaters? The departed.

Last movie i bought? Extended cut LotR trilogy (not that blu ray shit either)

My point is, i dont pay for cable or go to the movies or buy dvds anymore for a long time because Hollywood is literally churning out shit and expecting me to pay for it.

jokes on them I just download everything and add it to my plex server

Over 600 movies so far, goal is 1000+

There was good reason to upgrade from VHS. The quality degraded within years and after a few uses. DVDs last a lifetime if you treat them well and store them out of sunlight/normal temperatures (I keep my favorites in the fridge).

Nobody really cares after DVD. Blu-ray doesn't even sell as well as DVD currently. DVD is truly the collector's item. With Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google, Sony etc all with their own DRM storefronts, you do not own the film and in some cases you can only stream them (like on the recent consoles). They can take away your purchased movies at any time.

Why don't you just buy the best movies on disc?

This I why I store all my torrents in VHS.

>I keep my favorites in the fridge
Autism

>I keep my favorites in the fridge
avin a giggle m8

People actually do this.

i hope you pull out your favorite disk and it shatters like a beach ball dipped in liquid nitrogen

wouldnt it make more sense to keep the console in the fridge to keep it cool?

video related youtube.com/watch?v=pnsizkVjGm8

greatest movies always have a least 10 yify seeders no matter the age of the torrent

Actually, society is doing that and Hollywood fucked hates it but doesn't want to be a dying dinosaur and is now changing.

I had over 2k pirated movies on "VHS" before I gave up and went to 1k movies on "DVD", (skipped "Bluray") then to 5k movies on "HDD" then to "download, watch, and delete."

I've not once regretted the last one and I no longer spend money on storage devices or physical media. It is quite liberating.

It will be even more liberating when I move away from electronic entertainment completely.

yeah we know. Just the same way Gamestop hurts the gaming industry... it doesn't.

Maybe burning dvds or buying them LOW (less than 3$) hurts them but otherwise you're not hurting them at all

My favorites are usually obscure. I can't even find some films on torrents.

Gamestop is dying. We already see a lot more people buying games to download on consoles now. Next gen will be no discs.

They still had to pay to ship dvd and blu ray to stores. with Digital films they save on shipping the shit to stores not to mention the cost of the dvd box , cover art and the production of the disc itself.

At the moment they are making Digital videos a few dollars cheaper then the blu ray verison, but once phsical media is gone those digital prices will go up higher than VHS DVD or Blu ray.

Daily reminder that in about 10 years once physical copies of movies are a thing of the past and everything is done online or OnDemand, and Hollywood no longer lets you buy your own copy of the movie and instead only lets you rent them for a 24 hour period for $14.99, people are really going to regret being too lazy to keep physical media around.

Well lazy or not, we can't do anything about new movies being exclusively released online with drm.

It is already happening. I can't buy this show anywhere except on online distribution. The worst thing is this is per season.

I know this feel bro. Big fan of Boy Meets World in the 90s and I won every season of dvd. I was kinda hopping to buy a few seasons of that watered down Girl Meets World show but can't. Only released digitally. They havent' even put out a best of dvd where they give you four crappy episodes on a disc.

I agree, this thread should be deleted. It's just plain offensive.

The Simpsons also went to online distribution only after season 20. Luckily it was shit long before then anyway.

oh it's another off-topic Sup Forumstrash thread

sage goes in all the fields