ITT: Christ kino

ITT: Christ kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U_MAOCOheig
youtube.com/watch?v=d5AVWCHb180
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19651118_dei-verbum_en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best Christian movie of all time? It's up there, I'd rate it about as good as Ben Hur, maybe even a tad better.

Kek, is that an actual quote?

It's one of those movies that really makes you scratch your head and have a good think

Passion of the Christ + Anything from the Vatican list

Also Kingdom of Heaven if you ignore the anti-chritian bias

Man of Steel

Not an argument. Is that actually in the movie?

It's been a while since I saw it but I'm pretty sure it's in the movie, can't find it on youtube tho

youtube.com/watch?v=U_MAOCOheig

youtube.com/watch?v=d5AVWCHb180

>Not an argument.

Yes it is. Scientists say all the time when you tell them you don't believe evoltion or the big bang are true, "hurr durr then show me the flaws, prove to me the theories are wrong, hurr durr then you come up with a better one xDDDD"

...because science leaves theories open to be proven wrong if you have facts.
Religion doesn't.

Rocket scientist trying to prove a negative.

This flick really made me think

Strawman

Are you even aware how scientific theories are built? Does your scientifically illiterate amerifat ass have any clue?

You can't disprove spider man exists either.

This shit was 11/10

Waiting for a counter-argument

You didn't give an argument.

God Tier:
European Catholic Kino

Mid Tier:
Russian Orthodox Films

Shit Tier:
American Protestant Flicks

>pureflix presents
So does this have a lesbian romance side story or what?

This is the part when I call you whatever insult but I'm just gonna say scroll up.

The only reason Evolution is still considered a "theory" is because to prove a theory you need to complete replecatable experiments. What are we going to do, wait 10000 years for some shit to evolve, then do it again?

For that analogy to even remotely make sense the God hypothesis (and even calling it a hypothesis is stretching the word A LOT) has to be a scientific theory with scientifically verifiable facts behind it, which it hasn't, unlike the Big Bang theory and evolution.

All it is is a falsifiable hypothesis and making that argument just makes you look like an utter moron.

Strawman is what people have learned to type when they don't have a fucking clue what to say regardless if its an actual strawman argument or not.

Why are you posting movies by heretics in a christ kino thread?

is there a torrent of this?
i swear I check every week, but to no avail

There are many arguments against it, maybe too many. It's also a useless theory. God is super helpful and also makes sense on many levels.

>all religions are the same
>religion is anti-science
That's a strawman par excellence lad

God is not a scientific model. Eat a dick. It works on a whole other level than what meme science men can do..

this movie is a 10/10 experience. it'll change your life

Your personal incredulity towards the scientific explanations to the origins of life doesn't matter. Just because what's in the bible makes sense to your tiny amerifat brain doesn't lend it any credibility. Why should our origins have an easy to understand explanation?

By the way, the Christian god not existing is a very easily provable fact. As is the Muslim god, and the Jewish.

Haha wtf

>By the way, the Christian god not existing is a very easily provable fact
Then prove it

Fireproof and Courageous

What a fucking childish and utterly meaningless post yours was. Try to be a more specific next time, moron.

The fact that there are passages in the Bible which contradicts with our modern understanding of the world (example: the age of the earth not being 6000 years) easily disproves it, since the Bible is supposed to be an infallible book containing the words of God himself.

And this is when the atheist closes the tab, fuming in frustration.

>Strawmen
Catholics don't take that part literally

>since the Bible is supposed to be an infallible book containing the words of God himself
That's the Koran buddy, the authors in the bible never claimed to be writing the exact words of god

shaking their head in pity you mean.

Lol aw. If I were her age of date her.

I sure remember all those times in history that big bearded man in the sky came down and told us he was God.

do they pick and choose which parts they take literally?

You're wrong. The bible is infallible.

Peter 1:19 “We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable."

Peter 1:20-21 “No prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit”

Maybe you should educate yourself on your holy book, christcuck?

Only happened once. And Jesus is a historical person

Well Spiderman is my personal savior. His life sets a good moral compass for me. You can't prove he doesn't exist. Spiderman is life, spiderman is love

No. They never took that part literally

"Scientific" methods used to estimate the Earth's age are full of assumptions. To believe that the planet is billions of years old and is inhabited by humans for less than 1% of that time is ludicrous. The Bible makes sense. Biased fake-science doesn't.

I bet you are american

That is Peter's opinion. not sure if you know this, but peter was just a man. He wasn't alive when the Old Testament was written. Of course, the fact that this doesn't fit your narrative means you completely leave it out.

have fun googling more quotes out of context bub

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19651118_dei-verbum_en.html

chapter III

Why is it ludicrous? Read up on basic evolution and you'll see how it makes more sense then your magical sky-daddy. Not that your personal incredulity even matters in the slightest.

>implying I'm a Heretic

Why would I listen to what a bunch of criminals say about God? Everything you need to know is in the Bible bub, not the Vatican's website

>taking 19th/20th century protestant interpretations of scripture as reflective of Christian beliefs

In my high school, we had a full 6 weeks where we discussed Jesus and skipped all chapters about East Asia. Now I believe that Jesus existed and East Asians don't.

This would give people even more reason to doubt it. If human authors are responsible for its content, it is inherently flawed, dubious, and corrupted by the personal sensibilities of the authors.

Also prove the bible isn't the work of Satan trying to trick you? It would be the most clever scheme really.

Also who created Satan, who created evil?

If god knows all and is all powerful, he knows if you are going to hell and created you to go to hell.

Why doesn't god simply make his prescense known instead of playing an existential mind game with our eternal lives?

Who created god?

If a demon was a god, and truly evil but promised eternal life in return for being his cheerleader, would most religious peoples worship him?

Thoughts on Love Exposure? Super interesting take on Christianity in Japan of all places. It's my favourite movie. It absolutely takes digs at many aspects of it, patriarchal structure and its stance on sex for example, but I like that it doesn't flat out deny faith as an option.

Only mentioned by legit historians of the time literally through second hand sources and basically amounting to, "so and so says there is this Christ fellow over yonder leading a new religion".

>humans evolved monkeys
>monkeys still exist
>there are no half monkey/humans
Makes perfect sense.

>An earth only inhabited by humans for less than 1% of its existance is ludicrous.

Because humans are special snowflakes made in god's image.

>not believing the bible
have fun in hell, bub

Dogs exist alongside wolves.

Different species of whale exist alongside dolphins though they share some common ancestor.

Stop giving the obvious bait (You)s

Which parts of the Bible are you supposed to believe in?

Because it contradicts itself in numerous places.

>If human authors are responsible for its content, it is inherently flawed, dubious, and corrupted by the personal sensibilities of the authors.
They are guided by the holy spirit. They are theologically true. Not scientific or historic necessarily.

>Also prove the bible isn't the work of Satan trying to trick you?
It tells us to do good.

>Also who created Satan, who created evil?
Satan is an angel so God, evil is the absence of good so noone

>If god knows all and is all powerful, he knows if you are going to hell and created you to go to hell
No. Free will.

>Why doesn't god simply make his prescense known instead of playing an existential mind game with our eternal lives?
Lots of possible reasons. The most compelling that if he'd hover over you you would only do good to appease him, which isn't really good but just a bargain.

>Who created god?
He is the uncreated creator. Eternal. Timeless. The first cause.

>he can't refute it so he calls it bait
You basically just surrendered and lost the argument.

Technically, you can't really "prove" anything. You can only prove something is what it is based on our current understanding of the universe around us. The fucking concept of "proof" is man-made. Everything that we know of, or think we know of, is man-made. We might think we fully understand something, but that's only in accordance to what we perceive as being "understood". You can't prove religion is fact, just as much as you can't prove prove science is fact.

Nobody knows anything, we only tell ourselves that we do so it makes sense for us.

have fun living your life by what some sun addled goat herder came up from sheer boredom.

Could you name one contradiction?

>Amerifat """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""education""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>no half monkey/human

>worshipping the false god of human logic
trusting in your own deductions before the word of god is breaking the first commandment

It's obvious bait. I refuse to believe he has such a childish and nonsensical understanding of evolution when you can basically refute what he said with biology learnt in third grade.

>god created man in his own image
>why do you believe that?
>god told me
>lol idiot, man evolved from monkeys
>why do you believe that
>s-scientists told me…

In the book of Matthew, Jesus's last words are "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

In Luke it's "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."

In John it's "It is finished."

daily reminder

>tells us to do good
Completely subjective. Also says I can own slaves

>absense of good
Who created the absence of good?

>free will
Then god is not all knowing and not all powerful?

>only do good to appease him
Same thing people do now when using the bible as a moral crutch for their lack of moral fibre.

>first cause
How is that different than the argument used for god, "science is cool and all but it can't tell you where it all came from, something had to create the universe. Am I really to be satisfied that it just exploded into existence from nothing for no reason".

Can you give verses too? That would fasten it up.

Here is the absolute correct position:
No one can prove that an impersonal God exists.
No one can prove that impersonal God does not exist.

What can be proved though:
That a personal God that cares about individual humans does not exist.
How: The books that claim the existence of a personal God, demonstrate no special knowledge, are contradictory in their narratives and have no solid archaeological support.
These books extraordinary claims provide no extraordinary evidence.
God may exist but it is far removed from what human beings have formulated in their monotheistic religions.

27:46- 50
23:40
and 19:30

respectively

is it really that hard to believe that he said more than one sentence before he died?

this god shit is never going away

i want to fuck nancy's bald cunt

>Who created the absence
Noone.

>Then god is not all knowing and not all powerful?
Yes he is.

>Same thing people do now when using the bible as a moral crutch for their lack of moral fibre.
Not really. Saved by grace. You do good because it is good otherwise it doesn't count

>How is that different than the argument used for god, "science is cool and all but it can't tell you where it all came from, something had to create the universe. Am I really to be satisfied that it just exploded into existence from nothing for no reason".
Well I'm a bit in a hurry but my first look nothing. Where do you oppose that argument?

Axiomatic logic is the breakdown of what we can and cannot prove. From axiomatic logic all other arguments, math, and science comes from. Its an interesting paradox but the results given through math and science produce consistent results so it works.

1+1=2

I never understood why Protestants (especially Americans) are so fucking obsessed with Genesis and Moses, might as well be Jews

>God told me
Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't Pastor Cletus who told you that after he molested you and your little brother

To answer your shitty retarded obvious bait: humans didn't evolve from monkeys, we share a common answer with apes. The reason we don't see any half-human half-apes running around because we went different evolutionary paths We split off, and became two distinct groups. Evolution isn't set in stone, an ape becoming a human isn't something that's inevitable because the traits that emerges in a species throughout its evolution is determined by natural selection. Evolution's an ongoing process, one which every species is going through constantly, but it happens at such a slow pace it's unnoticable in all but the most short-lived creatures (such as fruit flies, where the generations go by so fast you can notice different traits emerging). Our human consciousness isn't the end of evolution, we aren't further ahead of other less sapient creatures, we merely evolved in this way.

who?

We observe evolution in process today. We have sequenced the human genome and compared like species. We categorize the biological structures common in animals and trace the tree of life through branches in evolutionary adaptation. We view the fossil record. And so on

But lol god of the bible is the answer because it says so in the bible.

Can God create a pussy so perfect and tight that even He cannot help but nut while fucking it?

...really makes you think...

Who created god?

There's this thing in science called falsification.

Here's a curious thought:
Illuminati conspiracy theorists are almost always Christians. They hate the Jews but swallow their Old Testament foundations hook line and sinker.

my skeletonfu

So you have, with your own eyes, witnessed the process of speciation? Incredible.

If it's not Quakerism or Gnosticism then it's automatically shit-tier.

wtf I'm an atheist now