Spoilers: WB Doing A Soft Reboot, MOS2 Details

- Warner Bros has put the Man of Steel sequel back in development. The film was put on hold after Man of Steel's disappointing performance at the box office, the studio was expecting at least 900 million from the film, and the negative reception the film received. There's a script written by David S. Goyer after Man of Steel which involved Brianiac as the villain and Kara Zor-El would make an appearance. At the end of the film, Superman would have left Earth to free all the worlds Brainiac had imprisoned. Another script has General Sam Lane as the villain with Intergang as a secondary villain. John Corben would be the leader of Intergang that lost his family in the Black Zero event.

- Warner Bros will begin a soft reboot starting with Wonder Woman and Justice League. The films will be much lighter than Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman in terms of tone. Aquaman and Batman will still keep a serious tone while Flash, Superman and Shazam will be much lighter.

- Justice League Two will be delayed and Green Lantern will be pushed forward to Cyborg's release date. This is part of Warner Bros' plan for a soft reboot. Shazam, Superman and Batman will come out in 2019 while Green Lantern will be the first film of 2020 followed by Justice League. The Green Lanterns are expected to have a major presence in Justice League Two.

- Suicide Squad Two will take the October 5th, 2018 release date. David Ayer wants a more human threat for the sequel. Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger, Killer Frost, Poison Ivy and Catwoman have been discussed for the sequel.

- Ocean Master and The Trench will be the villains for the solo Aquaman films. At one point Luke Evans and Karl Urban were in talks to play Ocean Master.

- Reverse Flash will be the villain for the Flash film. The original script had Captain Cold as a secondary villain but the character was cut due to budget.

Sounds good. Looking forward to it

trips confirm future DC films will be kino

DCEU is all out of order

We should have gotten MOS2 before BVS and WW.

Actually Wonder Woman should have been before BvS.

Personally I like the idea of fleshing out their characters more before Justice League Two.

Praise Snyder

>at least 900 million from the film
there's not fucking way

I call bullshit

>The films will be much lighter than Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman in terms of tone.

Nice. Like literally every other fucking capeshit """""""""""""""""film"""""""""""""""""

dc releasing a soft stool. the laxative worked.

Considering how badly Superman Returns was received, theres no conceivable way they expected 900 Mil.

Returns --> MoS was about as close to a situation as B&R --> Batman Begins was. The prior film poisoned the well and the new one has to start from scratch.

The fact that MoS essentially doubled SRs gross was a great start. Sure it probably would have reached $700 if the ending was a bit more crowd pleasing, but all in all it was a win.

The fact that Aquaman and Batman are still serious is okay I guess. I really like the darker tone of the DC movies because it actually feels different to all the other super hero flicks released

They should have done the death and return of superman as a trilogy first with cameos from the other major characters getting wrecked by doomsday and trying to keep the world in one piece after superman was gone leading to the creation of the justice league and then give then solo movies based in how interested people are in each of the characters

So you're saying Superman snapping Zod's neck might have affected the box office? Maybe even the Rotten Tomatoes score?

Godammit, how does that hack Goyer keep getting work?

reminder that none of these dumb posts have EVER turned out to be true

He already wrote a script some time ago.

yall know this is fake right?

Source: my ass

So does Harley Quinn return to Suicide Squad? How does that work? She escapes with Joker at the end of the film.

Every misstep has been an effort to respond to feedback. I'm glad we got the directors cut of Batman vs. Superman the way it is: one of the finest films of all-time. Suicide Squad only failed at its attempts to be a Marvel movie, everything good about it was darker in tone. Seeing the trailer for JUSTICE LEAGUE was so upsetting. They are really trying to go for that mass appeal.

This is the craziest damage control I've ever seen in the industry.

none of these ever turn out to be true

Are you retarded? Most of them actually turned out to be true.

The JL plotline turned put to be true, even the description of the Flash scene in the teaser.

why is Lex in the sword's reflection? Lex is a good guy after all

why can't dc just step down

Most of them have not turned out to be true, and they keep changing everytime anyway

However those "Darkseid invasion 30,000 years ago" ones were legit

>The films will be much lighter than Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman in terms of tone.
pack your bags, Disney just won by default

The description of the Flash scene came from the JL set visit, it wasn't a rumor.

>mfw I can enjoy Dc and Marvel films now

>Starting with Wonder Woman

So they are meddling with it too, right?

Because even Gadot said the movie was pretty dark, and it was darker than the trailer when the first footage was shown, and it's the story that is supposed to make her abandon manking for 100 years

It doesn't surprise me that they would change it, however it shows us beforehand that it will be another mess

just do flashpoint of fuck sake, its retarded to do a soft reboot now the universe is ruined 3 shitty movies in a row. Just do flashpoint so the edginess fits and then reboot the whole thing

>Superman would have left Earth to free all the worlds Brainiac had imprisoned.
This could give us an "All Star Superman" feeling for the end. I like it.
> Reverse Flash will be the villain for the Flash film. The original script had Captain Cold as a secondary villain but the character was cut due to budget.
fuck

How would they do a soft reboot anyway if neither WW or JL happens after a reboot storyline (like Flashpoint)? It could only happen after JL if JL is a reboot storyline

I wish DC would stop making movies

>just do flashpoint

I know casuals like that story, but let me tell you a secret...

IT'S SHIT.

People that like Flashpoint are the same people that want a forever evil movie

It's shit, but from all the reboot storylines, it's the easiest to adapt

I wish Disney would stop making movies

>There's a script written by David S. Goyer

D R O P P E D hard

I don't.

Yeah

I approve of the neck snap

but 100% if that didn't happen, the film would be far loved and been rated better.

>1 movie
>soft reboot already

>the films will be much lighter
Fucking dropped

its an easy to do with the universe we have and there is no point in saving this train wreck

>cameos from the other major characters getting wrecked by doomsday and trying to keep the world in one piece after superman was gone leading to the creation of the justice league and then give then solo movies based in how interested people are in each of the characters
That's literally what they are doing lol

All this text and I just read Poison Ivy. Just give her to me and make SS2 R rated, thanks.

Mass structuring after every disappointing DC movie doesn't bode well. This makes the MCU corporate structure look like a indie endeavor.

I say just go with this shitty timeline and make JL 2 flashpoint or even make the flash movie flashpoint marvel did it with makign civil war avangers mini

Underrated post