/lbg/ - LetterboxD General

Letterboxd thread: No Discordbabbies allowed edition

Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: Why haven't you moved to the superior website yet?

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Katzelmacher/
cinemos.com/charts/popular/film/2016/
letterboxd.com/ISniffRice
letterboxd.com/bvgf/
letterboxd.com/samturret/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_osgrcpes4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the superior website?

>having to ask
LITERALLY how new

K I L L Y O U R S E L F
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F

see

Someone make a non-meme thread

>K I L L Y O U R S E L F

Redpill me on Cinemos. Why should I use it instead of Letterboxd?

Why is this faggot is always around now? Le non-meme thread waaaah

letterboxd.com/Katzelmacher/

I'm back

>discord full of autistic shitposters and human waste
>threads are full of autistic shitposters and human waste

really makes you scratch your noggin

winstonne lol

And why are this guy so obsessed with 'non-meme threads'?

the *beta* is about 4 months late. it's pretty much a re-skin of rym. it looks like this: cinemos.com/charts/popular/film/2016/

and the most popular film of 2016 according to its community is Deadpool.

shut up winstonne lol

??
That doesn't correlate with the question

shut up winstonne lol

Reminder to kill yourself asap, embryo-pleb shit

letterboxd.com/ISniffRice

What didn't you like about 2001?

Wait it's made by the same people who do RYM? But RYM already has a film rating functionality, why not just improve that site?

2001 is highly popular so he decides he didn't like it to look original.

I've always found Kubrick to be a very cold director, he's very concerned about the aspect and the visual ideas in his films and he lacks a human side of things, he's a storyteller or a photographer before he's an artist.
2001 just struck me as his worst yet (not counting Fear and Desire and his shorts because even Kubrick himself hated that), it's a bland movie that's impossible to relate to or be interested in (at least imo) and to make matters worse his visual ideas are at his worst. The movie just looks bad, he focuses on long shots, which is fine by me, but they just look bad. The movie is trying to be way more than it really is.

>Oh no, someone didn't like my favorite movie

I'm not trying to be edgy, I legitimately think the movie is garbage. I don't care if something is popular or not

You literally gave 2001 the same rating as Suicide Squad. How do you expect me to ever take you seriously?

letterboxd.com/bvgf/

QOTD: Already have a RYM account. I'm just waiting for them to launch the damn thing, and for the flaws it has to be sorted out.

Reminder to kill yourself asap, embryo-pleb shit

Really, it's immensely simple. Less than a 9/10 for a film like 2001, and you're not fit to understand cinema, art, life, whatever. Few films are so clearly and absolutely a masterpiece.

Forgot pic.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no, none of us even noticed you were gone

2001 is shit
you guys just "like it" because you're pretentious fags

They're equally bland and boring

Do you really believe that or did someone tell you to?
For some reason 2001 is the only movie that someone instantly gets called a pleb for liking, I don't even see this with Citizen Kane

letterboxd.com/samturret/

Wrong profile buddy.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no, none of us even noticed you were gone

Holy kek. There are much better things to worry about then such petty shit man.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you're a faggot

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no

Bro it's fine to dislike a critically-acclaimed movie like 2001 (despite what posters in this thread might have you think) but most people who say they like 2001 genuinely like it.

No, it's not the only one. Plenty merit the same reaction against the plebmasters like you. But 2001 deserves to be very high, considering its own condition as a film.

One thing doesn't excludes other things.

>2001 is a masterpiece

you thought wrong

People who think 2001 is a masterpiece are the real plebs

I think I speak for everyone when I say that no

It's not 'fine'. Stop supporting embryos.

Lack of quality on the shitposts, tomatos.

>2016
>Still rating Hawks

Hawks is a meme director, none of his films rise above the studio system hays era mediocrity.

If Hawks were alive today he would be making capeshit for Marvel. Fuck off Hawksfags.

You're stooping to this guys level by responding man. You're not going to change his view. Telling him to die is just going to cement his view that 2001 is absolute trash

>but most people who say they like 2001 genuinely like it.
NO
it's boring boring boring

>le monkeys
>le classical music (wow so deep!)
>le evil AI
>le weird trip

no one can actually enjoy that piece of shit

I think I speak for everyone when I say that you thought wrong

oh so you're an enemy of cinema. well why didnt ya say so

>2001 is a masterpiece

I really can't identify anymore if this is bait or not

Dumb baitposter gb2

czech pls

oh please

I suppose so. But it's upsetting to have these people around.

hehehe

pleb

Just accept other peoples opinions, don't get so worked up over your meme movie

Kill yourself.

>damn ratings for N&B and DOH
poor look, fám

You're not me, cunt

I didn't pretend to be you, fuck we need IDs

Are there any examples of Hong Kino other than WKW? I love Hong Kong as a location but most of HK cinema is utter shit.

Dumb ghettoposter

Man, there are countless people out there that don't like 2001, and even more who haven't seen it. I like 2001, but I don't get worked up over the fact people don't like it. It's not exactly going to appeal to everyone.

Night and Fog is pretty overrated. It really only works if you've never really seen any footage of the camps before. I understand why people like it, but it just doesn't have much substance apart from the shock factor and that it's adeptly made.

Days of Heaven just features all the Malick-isms I don't like. I've never been a big Malick fan, but it really is a jump from Badlands, and not one I enjoy. It's not at the level that begins with TTRL or TNW, but it still is just irritating to me.

He's an embryo. Better than most on these threads, but you should realize this means very little on /lbg/ 2016.

The main aspect of Night and Fog imo isn't the shock value, it's how the movie lets us take our conclusions

Eh, I suppose. That isn't what I figured it aimed for, but I could see that interpretation.

die

>It's an embryo is convinced that it's safe to come out of the closet by hating 2001 episode
You've been b8ed once more, everyone with taste adores that film. The only arms open to you now are of those who are probably even stupider than you

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_osgrcpes4

name 5 good directors with 2001 on their top 10

>The only arms open to you now are of those who are probably even stupider than you
Beautiful phrase, friend

I agree with what he says about manipulation, and I think it makes sense about Night and Fog, even if I have a disagreement with it though. I don't think Night and Fog is very manipulative at all, but I think there is simply shock matter there, solely based off of the incidents and footage shown. Doesn't mean the overall message of "Make up your own mind" was inaccurate though.

Also, I disagree with him that you can't make entertainment out of certain subject matter. That's just stupid to me. If you've got an idea, no matter how controversial, you should be free to do it. It might not get funded, it might be in poor taste, it might be terrible, but at least you're not restricting yourself.

Whoops, wrong link.

Is there anything worse than people who constantly joke about watching movies drunk in their reviews, or telling people to drink watching it 'for fun lol'?

Shit annoys me, they have the mentality of high schoolers yet they're always in their mid-20s

Martin Scorsese
Terry Gilliam
Ang Lee
Edgar Wright
plus this 2012 sight and sound voters list

also, Nicholas Cage and Roger Ebert

>he lacks a human side of things
But that's why 2001 is so great, his most compelling character is an emotionless robot like him

none of these are good directors xD

@@72977289
>le funny post

Those are all fucking awful
One of them is literally the guy who directed K-Pax and The Skeleton Key
One of them is Ang Lee ffs

>Terry Gilliam
>not good
>awful
Kys yourselves

can i add an audio file to a video file on VLC?

Another retard.(Hopefully it's the same)

And why singling out Ang Lee?

Ang Lee might be the worst one there, have you seen Pushing Hands?
He's an incredible disgrace to Taiwan Cinema and the shitstain on it's new wave. And he's also a sell out hack

Oh and Gilliam might be the best one there but he still made The Brothers Grimm

>I've always found Kubrick to be a very cold director
I've read that crap a million times here
Barry Lyndon has more humanity than the filmographies of most directors

DOH is so much better than Hiroshima Mon Amour lmao

I should have mentioned that Barry Lindon and Paths of Glory are his best

most respectable cinema critics?

>mediocre
>two of the best westerns ever
>two of the best noir ever
>two of the best romantic comedies ever
>as a bonus, only angels have wings

>cinema critics
>anything other than the biggest idiots on the bottom of the bucket where everyone in any art industry shits on

t. embryo

wtf, great argument, I hate Hawks now

How so? They're both trying to do different things anyway.

Ah, you're one of the >le boogeymen types. Sure, sure.

t. desperate embryo trying to shitpost

>art industries
>not degenerate circlejerks

cinema is a popular artform and that's what makes it great
Hawks and Ford >>>>>>>> Godard and Tarkovsky

t. embryo

Godard>>>>>Hawks>Tarkovsky>Ford

this thread is garbage

*hugs*