This show was fucking great. Is season 2 as good as season 1?

This show was fucking great. Is season 2 as good as season 1?

Fargo thread motherfuckers. Lorne best character

I don't like season 2 at all. Though my friends seem to love it.

?????

watch it I guess

>Is season 2 as good as season 1?
Better

I enjoyed season 2 more but some people disagree.

I think that season 2 is more thematically consistent and has more interesting characters and bits.
It has a lot of absurdist themes though, and i think those elements appeared to certain viewers to be random nonsense.

I think you nailed it, I just couldn't get past the wacky elements and ultimately it killed the show for me.

Good analysis user

It's better, you're in for a treat my man

Listen to whatever advice your friends have to give you, consider it a blessing they're allowing a pleb to hang out with them

season 2 is as good as season 1 but they're slightly different

this man alone makes it all worth it

>get past the wacky elements

I hate this response, I really do. No talent for suspension of disbelief or going along with the absurdity by reminding yourself it's fucking entertainment. Why are you taking it so seriously?

It isn't half as good. Kirsten Dunst looks hot but don't let anyone fool you on here, they're a fickle bunch.
Season 1 was 9/10, season 2 was 6.2/10.

It's not even just there for entertainment purposes.
If you don't have the "wacky" elements there is no point to the show.
It's like saying "I'd like tomato soup more if there were no tomatoes in it"

Good point, I like this actor, I'll be on the look out for him in future.
I wrote this btw

Like True Detective S1 the series relies completely on based actors to draw you in, it's mediocre drama at best once you look past acting.

I am the user he was responding to and I see his point.
Absurdism is fine for some people, but compared to the first season it may definitely be somewhat off putting. Especially if they just expected a solid quirky crime thriller and instead got all the goofy stuff that season 2 presents.

I only liked season 1.

>but don't let anyone fool you on here, they're a fickle bunch.
I don't think "fickle" means what you think it means

>all the goofy stuff that season 2 presents.
Aside from the aliums, there isn't a lot of goofy shit in S2. No more than S1

It means what ever is of the moment is better and the past is forgotten, but yeah fickle doesn't mean gay or reddit, I never took that into my description.

Op here. I was so sad when Lester died even tho he was a shithead. Also was surprised to find he is Bilbo baggins in LotR.

Also this bitch was hot

Season 2 is good, not better than Season 1 though imo

It kinda got dumb in the last 2 episodes.

I think of S2E09 as being similar to the fish in S1E06 in turns of outlandishness, but for me the fish was highly improbable but not impossible or undocumented. But for me Episode 9 broke the internal realism too much for me, even if it made sense thematically

Literally everything else in season 2 is fantastic

Season 1 had literally the fucking Devil in it.
And it's aliens that cross the line?

Besides, the show beats you over the head saying "We're doing absurdism" over and over again.
The aliens are totally necessary for the season to make any sense.

Season 2 was a feminist, white guilt ww2 allegory with muh aliums. Enjoyable, but also containing typical hollywood propaganda.

you're a retard

>ww2 allegory with muh aliums
How the fuck do you reason this?

>he convinced me to watch Watchmen

What a bad movie.