We haven't had a good adult swim thread in a while

We haven't had a good adult swim thread in a while.

Post and discuss you favorite adult swim content.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI
youtube.com/watch?v=jplkppP_Icg&t=6m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=jue7BG0zVwI
youtube.com/watch?v=KmI8zr1urC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

adult swim is unwatchable nowadays, but i like a lot of their shows

>tfw adult swim will never air this again

We cut our cable package to the bare bones and now just have netflix and hulu, so I cant even watch it anymore.
Its sad that China IL apparently got canned for whatever that new show is with the same art style.

Adult Swim still puts out new good shows (and shitty ones too), but the problem is it's essentially permanently purged most of it's classic shows (aside from Sealab and Harvey Birdman which occassionally pop up at 4 AM), as well as most other shows from before 2010 (aside from the really popular ones like Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, etc.) from it's lineup and only sporadically airs any of the more successful new shows it's created in the past several years (ie. Rick and Morty and Mr. Pickles). It's essentially the all FOX and a couple really popular, newer Adult Swim originals rerun network now.

Aside from Robot Chicken/Squids/Aqua, the only show that ended pre-2010 that has aired at all this year in both the midnight-1:30 slots and the 4:00-4:30 slots was Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! for about two weeks before it was pulled. So if you mean classic in that regard, no. If you're talking OG shows, Home Movies hasn't aired since 2010, Brak since a 4 AM run in 2013, Sealab and Harvey since their 4 AM run last year, Space Ghost since April Fools 2014, Mission Hill since 2011, The Oblongs occasionally shows up in random slots as filler programming but not aired since 2015, Baby Blues since 2011, and Toonami doesn't air any pre-2010 anime except shonen long-runners like DBZ, Naruto, etc. so most of the classic AS anime haven't really the days of Adult Swim Action.

I could never seem to get into Home Movies.

Like, it wasnt even ironically good for me.

Put the spurs to her, Doc!

What happened was incredibly high ratings in 2012 gave them a taste of the biggest success they'd ever had and then subsequent ratings decline due to cordcutters abadoning cable tv as whole led them to purchase more FOX shows and pander to the widest audience possible as cable viewing dropped as a whole.

Also, a shift in their brand has led them towards programming like Loiter Squad (A 'Jackass' ripoff done by an edgy group of teenage rappers loved by middle schoolers) and Mr. Pickles (essentially the worst episodes of Family Guy with unrestricted random sequences of blood and gore, crude sex jokes, and racist jokes) and calculated move to end experimentation/risks in their scheduling/programming (ie. Like airing random british shows or Pee-Wees Playhouse or unnanounced stealth premieres in the middle of the night or the viewer's scheduling choice night) and distance themselves from the vast majority of their older productions which were at odds with the "hyperactive randomness" mantra of neo-Adult Swim.

Sundays can be good, though the lineup used to be A LOT more diverse just a year or so ago (ie. a mix of older and newer AS reruns as well as premieres airing both in a couple early slots and from 11 to 1:30). Right now, you at least have new Squidbillies and reruns of Rick and Morty and Mike Tyson Mysteries which are pretty good newer series. Though there are still way too many FOX shows on.

Weeknights are fucking shit since they were so lazy to just do two episodes each of several FOX show and Robot Chicken/Aqua Teen/Squidbillies reruns the entire night.

Saturdays are a wash up until Toonami, which CAN be good, but right now it's filled up with flavor of the month shows and long-running kiddie shonen like Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, etc. that is all designed to either target high schoolers or college aged nostalgia fags.

The real saving grace of Adult Swim right now is the "DVR Theater" block at 4 AM every night except Sundays. Pretty much this is where they generally run classic/pre-2010 shows now since they've been all but banned from regular slots on weekends and weeknights (which they haven't even done at all this year, but I digress), as well as random specials, pilots, and Informercial parodies and their "Off the Air" series which are pretty cool. In fact, in a surprising change of schedule, DVR Theater is actually airing some old/rare pilots like "Welcome to Eltingville", "Korgoth of Barbaria", "Saddle Rash", etc. in a couple weeks.

Of course, your best bet is to check the schedule every few weeks to see if they've added anything decent/interesting onto the lineup and then just DVR it. They still surprise every now and then, but have trended towards increasingly stagnant in the past several years (particularly the last year)

Also, the bumps have changed as well. There's less direct interaction with the viewer than what they used to have, like responding to emails, posts on the adult swim message board (which is gone now), or letters from fans, or doing the "numbers game" ratings bump and schedule change bumps, etc. Now you'd be lucky if they do a 'response to tweet' bump once a week with about 3 tweets.

They're good at programming for maximum ratings potential, 18-34 demographic pull, and advertiser satisfaction.
They're bad at programming for their hardcore and/or longterm fans.

Million Dollar Extreme: World Peace

I only watch world peace

Im unfamiliar with Off The Air, what is it supposed to be exactly?

Weird trippy imagery set to music most of the time.

Man I miss Squidbillies

Aww, thats sad, I really enjoyed those bumps.
I grew up watching adult swim and not being able to appreciate it's style, and now that Im finally in my 20's and a loser adult they've lost it.

Meant for

It airs twice a night on weekdays and new episodes on sundays you mong

Its on hulu

God this suck fucking sucks. I have no idea why it was on adult swim in the first place

theyre all on youtube. a few of the ones ive seen are really great. would be cool to put on a big projector screen at a party

interesting.

Venture bros is there best cartoon left

I haven't watched AS since like 2008

I honestly just assumed they cut the show. Color me surprised.

Yeah Squidbillies, Aqua Teen (RIP), and Robot Chicken are the only pre-2010 shows they air anymore.

and

True, although they never rerun it. They only air it once every 3 years when a new season comes out.

Rick and Morty Season 3 when?

They do have a constant stream of seasons 1-5 on adultswim.com though

I remember seeing this on early morning CN where they usually showed other children cartoons. I guess it was pretty tame for an Adult Swim show.

god I love Superjail, that residents reference on the news episode was fucking great

Same, I only ever saw it in the morning.

Honestly, I don't even think it was an Adult Swim show. It was TV-PG just like every other show on Cartoon Network.

Most CN shows were TV-Y7 or TV-Y7-(whatever the other one was) at the time. Cartoons only started being TV-PG after CN-Real I think.

>you will never watch the golden age of toonami and adult swim for the first time ever again

Goddamn lads I think I'm going to have a drink now.

I mean I know I definitely saw this in the early morning in 2009 back when a lot of CN shows were TV-PG.

No fucking way this was an Adult Swim show. It was way too tame and kid-oriented for that and I definitely remember seeing it air first run on Cartoon Network in the early 00s. I think it what happened was after it ended it just ended up being random kid-appropriate filler programming used by Adult Swim to transition back into Cartoon Network in the very late night/early morning. They used to do that with stuff like Popeye and Astro Boy and old TV-Y7 Toonami animes.

>ctrl+f
>no moral orel

Best dad ever right here

But he's a literal faggot

I was being sarcastic. Great character though

>I definitely remember seeing it air first run on Cartoon Network in the early 00s

It was picked up by CN and aired on Adult Swim in 2001. The first 5 episodes were on UPN before they canceled the show in 1999.

Tim and Eric shit is the main reason I still watch

whatever you say, Satan

There's nothing funny about shorts during the commercial breaks with people pledging allegiance to satan

youtube.com/watch?v=1tV29aD7dFI

Some of the best dialogue on TV is in this show.

>the Golden age was always yesteryear
We get it Bird & sealab got canned a long time ago. Try some new shows already. Ones I thought I'd hate I ended up loving.

They need to start paying the Venture guys real money so we don't have to wait almost 3 years for a season premier. I don't know they're ins and outs but they seem incredibly cheap; rushed the ending to Metalapocalypse and cancelled Frisky Dingo too soon

>few years ago
>fall asleep with tv on
>wake up around 4 A.M.
youtube.com/watch?v=jplkppP_Icg&t=6m10s
>girl running at me
>remote lost in sheets
Just

also:
youtube.com/watch?v=jue7BG0zVwI

I forgot how great moral orel was
>youtube.com/watch?v=KmI8zr1urC0

> those weird blurbs where they shit on metalocalypse fans.
I really don't understand what happened between adult swim and the creator of that show and why they continue to attempt to ridicule the fans.

theyre going with the ghostbusters strategy I see

Ever done acid?

It's not the creators they're making fun of, it's their cancerous fan base.