youtube.com/watch?v=cI6v858LeTU
youtube.com/watch?v=lxjcN609cm4
youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3yrjwaRLo
rabb.it/
lets.rabb.it/886j/HbvG3Oj7Gv
youtube.com/watch?v=bP5Cd8i6Cb4
youtube.com/watch?v=ltl0EQ9O7Gg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That scene was amazing because any other show would have had something stop the fight. Mad Men was life. Fugg

Also Lane my boi fugg

The best part of the whole scene is that the partners actually want to see the fight. They're even closing the drapes.

His attempted suicide might've been the best chekhov's gun joke ever.

I don't know about you two, but I had Lane.

so wait is madmen actually a good show?
I need something new to watch.

>I have nothing, Don.

I thought he was going to change his mind ;_;

Well, it's my favorite show. Take that for what it's worth, I guess.

I get chills during Ken's closing monologue everytim. Signal 30 is top 10 without a doubt.

it doesn't have too much relationship shit in it does it?
I just wanna watch businessmen smoking cigars and living the hi-life.

It is a full and complex character analysis. It examines the characters' professional and personal lives. The topic of relationships do appear, but there's nothing saccharine or anything, if that's what you're worried about.

more like livin the JAI ALAI

tfw

It's a great show, but not really a comfy watch. The best comparison is The Sopranos, which Matt Weiner actually wrote for in the last season. Chase hired him after reading the Mad Men pilot IIRC.

>except money, privilege, an Ivy league education, endless social connections, and a cushy job

this guy went from spice world to pure kino

take it back

> not comfy

> """""""privilege"""""""

the acid scenes were probably the best drug scences i've ever scene in moving pictures, but comfy?
that episode was pretty emotionally devastating

Season 5 was supremely comfy IMO

Don's just like

"Fucking pussy, get it together. Fucking pathetic"

Is Roger the archetypal crying clown?

What is your top 10, everyone?

Always hated this scene. Pete's an ungrateful brat.

A man can have all the wealth in the world, but if his emotional/spiritual center is shit literally none of it matters.

THATS the white mans burden, and the black mans, and the tan mans, etc.

Pete literally got BTFO by Chad at the drivers ed

more than that, I can believe I didn't think of it until now, but Don is exhibiting immense mercy right there. Pete is claiming to have nothing to Dick Whitman, the person who grew up with nothing, built his life, his career, his presence from nothing.
fucking
BRAVO WEINER

archetypal nigger cosplayer

Okay but then as people who have a shit emotional/spiritual center without all their money and success we find their problems laughable. Try being depressed while also having no way to pay the bills or no family that loves you.

Pete is at an extreme low at this point. He feels emasculated by Don (sink). He feels humiliated by Lane (fight). He feels rejected by the girl from driver's ed (Chad). His domestic life is slowly deteriorating. He is no longer happy with Trudy (as demonstrated by his tryst with the hooker). He feels the years passing by him, and he feels like a sailor adrift at sea. He has nothing to clutch onto but the life preserver that is his work, and he even managed to fuck that up with the Jaguar account. Pete feels lost and inconsequential in his own life.

>THE SUN SHINES BRIGHT

Fuck him for letting his marriage deteriorate with a woman like Rudy. Fuck him for taking the client out with hookers. I understand being emasculated, I understand not knowing your place in this world. But if you have a wife like that, you do it for her. "I got nothing," he got Trudy.

>IN MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME

I'm not saying everything he's done is right. I'm saying that you can sympathize with him. I think that this exact scene is the pivotal point for Pete's entire character.

>wife gets to sit at home all day at her mansion while pete works all day

>Pete slaves himself to make money and becomes rich through his own work

She is lucky to be with him mate. All she does is look hot, she brings nothing else to the table.

>TIS SUMMER, AND THE DARKIES ARE GAY

I stopped after season 4 so I'll have to rewatch it to know where everyone was at.

Pete lovers her. Remember when they had that gathering and Pete was dancing his ass off with his wife? Shit was adorable.

What's funny about this scene is the actor was extremely uncomfortable about it and ran into 3 different black dudes in full blackface on the way to the shoot.

So then you haven't actually watched the episode you're critiquing...?

You should really pick the show back up. Frankly, I don't know how you could stop during season 4, truthfully.

>So then you haven't actually watched the episode you're critiquing...?

Oh was it season 5? I have watched the Lane fight episode.

But... Jane thought it was a scream!

well he is a moron. he was only uncomfortable because society makes him think that he should be so

the whole show of mad men is precisely about ''what society expects from you'' and ''what you want to do'' like Don explains to the british during the diner before they hire whores.

Yeah, it was season 5. Nbd.

is this the return of /scdp/??

god i miss it

>Try being depressed while also having no way to pay the bills or no family that loves you.
I dont need to try that, Ive been doing that since I was 19.

Lane vs. Pete, and the office party lawnmower foot massacre, those are 2 of my top favorite scenes in TV history. Mad Men's good stuff. Even if any of it bores you, it's top quality all around.

Only bargain brand people are bored by top quality MM (Mad Men).

>How's the city?

Best season, imho.

Definitely best season finale.

youtube.com/watch?v=cI6v858LeTU

Damn, I never got into it while it was on air. I can't imagine how great it wouldve been to have threads dedicated to mad men (instead of the countless capeshit dc vs. marvel ones)

youtube.com/watch?v=lxjcN609cm4

It's too bad, like half of my friends tried watching it and said they were bored. It's not "blockbuster" TV, it's chill and drink and think TV. Which is why scenes like Lane vs. Pete shined so brightly. Not to mention Christina Hendricks... I mean c'mon, who doesn't want to see more of her, right?

The first half of each season was a bit of a slog watching it as it was originally airing imo, because it's hard to see where the season is going. It's sad there aren't threads anymore, but you'll probably enjoy it even more binge watching it. Just make sure to watch is several times.

best closing scene imo:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tm3yrjwaRLo

DELETE THIS

Did he smash?

That's why his name was Don Draper.

Bravo, Weiner.

H A N D S O M E D

Does anyone want to watch mad men in rabbit?

What is rabbit?

Semi-obscure and funny. 7/10.

streaming service.

Who's got Netflix. Log in through rabbit and lets watch some fucking mad men

rabb.it/

I wouldn't be opposed. A little leery, though. Do we sync? Is there a chat? Do I need an account? Is it anonymous? What episode? Wil this program steal my information or give me a virus?

I would if it wasn't 4AM desu

Not OP, but as far as I know it's legit. I used to watch shows with a qt Mexican chick I met online through it a few years back.

3:00 here. You should give it a whirl with us. What state you in?

BIGGEST BLACKEST PROSTITUTE

No account. I've used it before no problems. We can also do showgoers for netflix

>inb4 shill

I'm in MA. I'm gonna get to bed, though. But if you guys are in a future MM thread and want to get a watch started, I'm down. I've been fiending for some classic /scdp/.

Awesome get

>MA
me too!

Nice trips.

Alright, so how do we sync? I'd like to get this going in the next five minutes if we're going to do it.

Good night, my yankee friend. /scdp/ is our carousel. Don't forget that.

>mrw seeing your reply and thinking you were about to shit-talk me, only to hover over the spoiler tag

lets.rabb.it/886j/HbvG3Oj7Gv

Here's the link. Let's see if this works, anons.

Lads, this quality is beyond dog shit.

A spectacular failure. Shutting this shit down at the end of the episode.

See if the kinks can be worked out for next time. I think it's a good concept. Mad Men watch threads would be great.

I agree, which is why I was intrigued by the idea the other user proposed. The video quality isn't that great, but a true watch thread would be a breath of fresh air. There was one other person in the chatroom, but he left shortly after he joined without a hello. I doubt anything ever materializes, but it's an idealistic thought.

Only people with CHARACTER that live a MEANINGFUL existence enjoy this show.

You don't have any character, you're just handsome.

youtube.com/watch?v=bP5Cd8i6Cb4

i wish

>punches out Pete Campbell
>Joan lets him kiss her

Remind me again why Lane sudoku'd? I'd be feeling pretty good about life if I were him

fuck it guys, i'm rewatching it again

He stole money from the company, Don fired him when he found out so he didn't have to go to the police.

>tfw you have nothing

I watched Mad Men for three seasons when I was 21 and I couldn't like it, but then I watched it later again at 25 and haven't found a tv show with characters as well written or likable.

BIGGEST

BLACKEST

PROSTITUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=ltl0EQ9O7Gg

January Jones is such a classical beauty

Signal 30 to Lady Lazarus is the best stretch of Mad Men episodes.

DRAPER

Pete was the best, second to Harry Crane

Reminder she ate her own placenta.

>daily reminder that Pete raped his au pair

>white """""males"""""
Literally deserve to get cucked

>blackface is offensive
americans have the weirdest taboos

Underrated.

can't argue with that trio of dubs