Suicide Squad made a huge $65.1 million at the Friday box office...

>Suicide Squad made a huge $65.1 million at the Friday box office, but most industry analysts took note that the film had a huge drop from Friday to Saturday. Box Office revenue dramatically declined 41 percent from Friday to Saturday. This decrease is worse than Batman V Superman‘s drop which fell only 37.9 percent from its large Friday opening. To give even better perspective, the previous August record holder Guardians of the Galaxy saw only an 18 percent drop from Friday to Saturday. It is believed that the film’s poor word-of-mouth is to blame for the drop in attendance.
>worse than Batman V Superman‘s drop

Loving every laugh.

Good.

DC should feel the pain for butchering this movie.

Fucking RELP!

Why aren't people who like it going to see it multiple times and helping out the Box Office!?

If you want them to keep making good thematic movies like this, you need to Fucking support it Motherfuckers!

>worse than Batman V Superman‘s drop

>believing the cucked media spin

>Supporting studios editing their directors' films on a hair trigger.

what record was broken

kek, the drop is already happening. Imagine the drop by next weekend.

>expecting us to belive some nu-male

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It needs to make at least $1.27 billion to break even

Warner is kill. DCucks on suicide watch.

Guardians

You guys need some context. There was a massive drop off because T-Mobile paid for Suicide Squad tickets for its customers with a promo code which only worked for Friday showings.

Box Office Mojo says Friday was $64,893,248 and Saturday was $38,578,832 for a drop of 40.6%

The only Thursday showings are actually Friday at midnight, so it's part of the Friday total. The only time Thursday night is mentioned if it's in some news article for some random record.

thursday get lumped into friday.

this is the same for every movie that opens thursday

I gurantee it makes another 100 million or more in the next 6 days

This movie is basically hot blonde in shorts the movie

Its not butch dyke ghostbusters or black human torch fantastic four

Thursday showings start around 7pm

The midnight thing hasn't been a thing for years.

>tfw Suicide Squad beat GotG

gif? We're not savages here

>The only Thursday showings are actually Friday at midnight
Lmao when was the last time you went to the movies? 2008?

in my country thursday is all day

>correlating the quality of a film with the amount/rate of revenue intake
>basically saying that popularity determines quality

By this logic, all #1 hits on the billboard hot 100 are literally the greatest songs produced per year.

Desiigner's Panda, Drake's One Dance, every Justin bieber and Taylor swift song are the greatest per year.

Jame's Cameron's avatar is the greatest film of all time.
>literally blue Pocahontas

I see your point, OP. I give up on humanity.

It's over for Marvel. No one even talks about their movies anymore.

>already made back its advertising budget

no stopping this train

Did you fucks screen cap when I said this very thing would happen like I told you guys to??

no one talks about DC movies other than how shit they are lmao

So what marvel movies go like

20 mil, 50 mil, 60 mil, 40 mil

What a failure.

200+ million opening weekend?

For this misogynistic shit?

Hahahhhah.

Ghostbusters won't even reach that in it's entire run - but at least they kept their dignity.

If that underground/ unheard of song was any good people would know about it dumbass

quality post. that choice of capitalisation at the end really drove it home. keep it up.

if you want some advice i suggest chucking in a , every, so often. use sparsely.

>Ghostbusters
>Political agenda behind the movie ( nearly every review on a liberal site mentioned muh feminism
>Gets a great score from reviewers
>Bomb at the normal people because they see what a pile of trash this movie is

>Suicide Squad
>MUH feminism is used this time to shit on the movie
>People dont care and the movie is a huge success

This guy is a fucking retard

Just saw it.
WB completely destroyed this movie, what a butchery they did.
i feel bad for the actors, you can see they were trying really hard to do someting competent.
i hope it bombs but this time (i always have a good laugh at DC vs Marvel threads) just to show WB that this shit isn't ok, if you hire a fucking director with ideas, style and personality you don't mess with the end result in the editing room.
i am with you this time DCucks, this could have been the first non divisive movie in the DCU but WB fucked up everything.
damn it...

Probably, but in this case those are facts and he is right.

girl at work today said she saw it and liked it

she pretty much went into it blind with no knowledge of the comic book shit

Nobody cares about SJW shit except for SJWs. If anything, even the average idiot can see that all of the positive reviews for GB were paid reviewers or plants.

That means that WB did a good job toning down the movie to make it more digestible for normies.
what i don't get is what will the DCucks defend, kino or this?
you can't be proud of both as a fan.

>A pandering, directionless cash-in kept their dignity

whatever you say bud

Guardians practically paved the way for this movie's success right down to the marketing campaign.

If a knock off Guardians made this much in August , imagine what Guardians 2 will make

The record opening weekend was the result of spics and niggers to watch a white actress being objectified.
Second weekend will probably brake all time drop record.

It made 133 million opening weekend. So much for that "drop"

hahahahahaha

BvS made 166 million opening weekend.

It doesn't need help at the box office. It's fucking CRUSHING.

And both are major box office successes. Despite SJW critics whining about them every chance they get.

The facts are these.

To hardcore comic nerds the consensus is split.

To SJWs who claim to like comics the consensus is this is misogynist trash and if you like it you're a Hitler level piece of shit

To normies who just go see movies the consensus is it was pretty damn good.

Yeah but BvS undeniably had a huge drop and if it hadn't been for that, it could easily have cracked the 1 billion mark. So when you act like the fri-sa drop for Suicide Squad is insignificant just because it still made lots of money, you aren't seeing the full picture here, because it doesn't matter how much money it made, if this drop is an indication for the next weekend drop, then it will underperform just like BvS did.

DCfags on suicide watch

It continues to show that critics have absolutely no influence on box office. As far as word of mouth from movie goers, I have not seen a single person who has said it's as bad as the reviews say. I have seen a decent amount of people who did not like it, but they still say it's not horrible. I don't see the bad word of mouth. I see a lot saying it's very good and a lot saying it's meh.

266 million weekend. I think not.

Dubs confirm.
Also it's not as horrible and an insult to mankind like some are making it out to be, not at all. It's just that we know for a fact that it could've been completely different and better.

Can we just go and nuke WB or something, their amount of meddling is not normal.

The suits at WB/DC do need to sit the fuck down and let their writers write and their directors direct.

And find a new test audience or something because the one they have is made of absolute retards.

Someone said that Ayer is a faggot for not standing his ground, I think he just wants to direct SS2 and the Harley movie and not pull a Trank.

Hopefully they have now gotten the message. I liked SS. Harley was great, but I do think it would have been a lot better if they just let Ayer do his thing.

>film almost universally panned by critics
>drop 40% ticket sales overnight
>these two events are unrelated

DC fags are delusional. But hey, I know one person the critical reviews persuaded. Me. I went to see the Bourne movie instead, and every webm I've seen of Suicide Watch since has convinced me I made the right decision.

>What MCUcks actually believe

> Disney sabotaged the test audiences

The film was universally panned by critics a week before it opened, smart guy. If they had influence the people would not have been there on Friday.

Wow really good for you, how many wipes did your last shit take bro?

This is how me and a friend saw it

>I know one person the critical reviews persuaded. Me. I went to see the Bourne movie instead, and every webm I've seen of Suicide Watch since has convinced me I made the right decision.

That's actually kind of sad. Being that easily influenced by middle aged liberals riddled with male guilt.

It was panned by a few critics beforehand. Not all of them.

Are you a scat fetishist or something?

>not finding people whose taste you agree with based on mutual movie likes, and then using their learned eyes to filter out shit

It was sitting at around a 31% with around 100 reviews on release.

And it has more than double that now user. So again, most reviewers hadn't reviewed it at that point.

It's just like BvS. People watch it because it has fairly big names attached to it and are courious what it's all about but in the end, the movie just sucked and everyone stays away from it.
Also, normies use sites like metacritic and rotten tomatoes too. They also see what kind of reviews the movie gets and that sure as hell doesn't help.
I just wonder how long DC can keep getting away with stuff like that.

But what about China?

So what happens when the superhero movies stop working?

Because right now, TV is kicking the absolute shit out of Hollywood cinema.

There were over a hundred reviews on RT. Lets not pretend most people do anything more than look at the score on RT.

RT is a review aggregate. Normies don't universally use it. Most of them check reviews in their local papers, or their favorite blogs.

lol, no. RT is a normie haven

No, it really isn't. Normies use their favorite reviewers that are collected by RT. In most cases, they don't even visit the RT website.

Maybe if you only factor in millenials, the average awareness of RT goes up, but not enough. And you're ignoring the entire boomer population.

Just came back from this movie.
No more. I went on opening weekend for MoS and BvS. Went on the weekday for this movie cause cheaper tickets. No more. Fuck you WB. Fuck you.

Jackpot quads knows what's up.

>this delusion

Listen user, let me explain to you the way of the world.

You think that you live in a niche environment called Sup Forums.org/tv/ and that everyone outside this environment is a normie but you are wrong. The reality of the situation is that despite how popular a thing might seem to you because it gets millions of clicks, the average person doesn't know about it or care about it.

RT is a big fish in a small pond, you just can't see it because you're krill.

Too bad about Guardians, it's a fun movie despite being poorly made

No

What was the last capeshit you've enjoyed

Antman

Cookie cutter shit

Yeah. But I enjoyed it. If my standards for capeshit are so low that even SS is shit to me. What does that say about the movie?

>I just wonder how long DC can keep getting away with stuff like that.

DC got lucky with BvS because having Batman and Wonder Woman saved the film from being a total financial disaster and SS stayed very far away from BvS and used Harley Quinn and it's "fun and quirky!" nature. But SS probably left a bad taste with most audiences as the majority of it's cast and Leto were left behind and you can really feel the corporate tampering with the movie going all over the place.

I can't see them getting far if WW flops or JL right after. They are carrying the negative baggage of BvS with them.

It just says you have bad taste tbqh

>A 16-MONTH 2017 CALENDAR
>16-MONTH 2017
Is next year some kind of special 16 month year? How are month 13-16 called?

It's not getting released in China.

Stay in denial, dcuck