Netflix's A Series Of Unfortunate Events has wrapped filming

Starring Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf. Hype?

>Neil Patrick Harris as Olaf
Jesus

It's Netflix, why would I be hyped?

what happened to jim carrey? plus is that girl who looks like my sisters friend going to be in it again?

>Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf

Literally what the fuck?

>uncle monty is poo
dropped

Violet a cute

YAAAAAAAAAY MORE SHILLING

Awful.

He looks the part.

Now he just needs to prove he can be believably sinister, charming, and eccentric - and we already know he can do the second one just fine.

Looks like some final fantasy shit

i was hella hyped at first, then with every new bit of information i lost a bit of hype. now im sure it's going to suck.

>Violett

Too spheric head, damn.

At least they filmed Miserable Mill. I want to see that.

Oh man, I forgot about this shit. I don't think I ever finished the series of books. I do remember a movie came out though, wasn't it really really bad? What would possibly convince netflix that it would be a good idea to try and take this, from what I remember, incredibly funky world and turn it into a watchable series?

>they filmed miserable mill
What makes you think that? There's only 8 episodes for the first season, and I haven' seen any casting announcements past Uncle Monty.

>wasn't it really really bad?
If you meant 'really good', then yeah.

I don't know why people wouldn't like the film to be honest.

It's a fairly populat young adult book series with a much maligned (but successful) film adaptation that has dark enough themes to appeal to both old fans and other adults who've never read it.

It was probably a pretty easy pitch desu

I just hope this means they might pick up his dark materials one day

>why would anyone want to turn a popular book franchise into a tv series
gee, i wonder

The books were honestly legit good prose with a pretty tight story, the movie could have been good but the kind of made it too "cartoony" and the 1 actor playing multiple rolls was pretty gimicky. A series could be really good provided netflix doest try to stretch it out or add to the story in any way.

It's mostly because it ended the story after three books, all of which it crammed into a single film with major cuts and tonal changes.

I enjoyed it desu but I can see why it's disliked by a lotta fans.

>Violet
>Not Emily Browning
disregarded

They should have done an animated series. I don't see how the absurdity of the series' events could possibly play out in live-action. Sunny climbs an elevator shaft with her teeth.

That's exactly my opinion. having it in live action is really strange considering the source material

>dark enough themes

Like what?

The plot feels like a parody of old Dickens stories. It's completely shallow.

Was a lot of important stuff cut out? I barely remember the books to be honest.

The ending is weird, I don't know how they could've made a sequel out of it, but that was apparently the plan.

If I remembered the books maybe I'd not be as big of fan, but I really did like the film. It really is a funny film with good acting, I'd even say it's one of my favourite children's films.

I wouldn't say it's dark thematically, but what happens in the story is pretty fucked up for something directed at children.

>first olaf tries to marry his adopted aughter
>Baudelaire's second guardian is murdered
>Baudelaires' third guardian is eaten alive
>a man is pushed onto a circular saw and dies
>dozens of people are eaten alive by lions

Huh, well there it is.

I hope it's not too rushed. If they're going to the mill, that'll be 4 books over 8 episodes which sounds like a rush. (That's assuming that the Wide Window is also adapted this season, which I haven't seen any news of.)

Were there 13 novels, purely for the 'unlucky' superstition?

All of which is played for laughs, just like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's not dark if it's slapstick. There's plenty of that kind of violence in children franchises (just look at Harry Potter).

>13 books
>13 chapters in each book
>daniel handler is 13 letters
>lemony snicket is 13 letters
>brett helquist is 13 letters

>netflix didn't do 13 episode seasons
DROPPED

Doesn't have the dick sucking lips of movie Violet.

>circular saw
They better not to fuck up this episode.

you make a compelling argument

She has nice feets though

wow this sounds goo-
>Starring Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf
DROPPED

Will Netflix ever produce a show without niggers and faggots ruining it?

I mean, he was sorrrrt of sinister/eccentric at times during Dr. Horrible. Idk, I think he'll pull it off.

>tfw you will never see Hugh Laurie play Olaf

I'm afraid their going to turn Olaf into a comedy routine like in the 04 movie. Olaf is supposed to be a genuinely evil psychopath, and I doubt that fag will be able to pull it off.

Did we ever find out if that teaser trailer was real?

good

That'd be awful, so good

>NPH
No thank you.

>It's not dark if it's slapstick.

That can make it even darker with the right imagery. I loved those books growing up, and I always thought they were kind of dark. Playing gruesome deaths for laughs is pretty fucked up.

>Starring Neil Patrick Harris

I really loved the books as a kid ,I even felt pity for Olaf in the last book , it was a great series of books , I hope they don't ruin it

cakesniffers

First I wanted to see Chloe Moretz as Carmelita Spats, but now she's too grown up, meh.
Now I want Kevin Bacon as Hector from Vile Village.