Am I the only one who thinks the DC movies have been better than the first few Marvel movies so far...

Am I the only one who thinks the DC movies have been better than the first few Marvel movies so far? I'm not even trying to be a contrarian, it's just how I feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not a dumb opinion at all. Just depends on what you want out of them.

We make fun of Nolan's Batmans but they were all better than pretty much any Marvel movie so far (with the probable exception of TDKR).

it's all garbage, including Marvel

Sqwad was better than iron man 2 and 3 so i can see where you are coming from

Imo nolanverse is pretty overrated that is only beloved because heath died

Keep trying

Nothing has been able to top Iron Man and Winter Soldier.

I basically consider the rest of the Marvel and DC movies in some pit below those two.

well, at least tdkr brough us cia

Tbqhwy familia in retrospect I think Batman Begins was the only serviceable movie in that entire trilogy. The best part of seeing The Dark Knight for me was sneaking into the X-Files movie that was out at the same time after it finished.

You have shit taste, bro. No one outside of Sup Forums memesters agrees with you.

I disagree, but I will say that WB and DC seem to be more willing to take risks than Marvel.

WB/DC is more ambitious but the problem is that they hired an incompetent director and writers for MoS and BvS, then fucked up SS by giving studio executives too much creative influence.

I would just put Watchmen higher than those two but I agree, they're pretty good.

>Warner seems to be more willing to take risks
>Panicks, reshoots and reedits the movie after test screenings feedback wasn't so great and the other movie was heavily criticized

Marvel movies are mostly shit whit a few exceptions. So yeah, DC movies are way better relatively speaking.

Winter Soldier is probably my favorite character in the MCU.

His character arc is outstandingly well-written and Sebastian Stan nails the part.

You don't get points for trying. I'd rather watch a competently made movie that meets my expectations rather than a poorly made movie any day.

They did that in response to negative reception to BvS.

MoS and BvS are both clear examples of WB/DC taking risks.

>WB and DC seem to be more willing to take risks than Marvel.
lolno

marvel:
>movie about fucking antman
>three movies about fucking cpt america
>movie about talking raccoon and space tree
>incoming movies about cpt marvel, black panther and dr strange

dc:
>movie about superman
>movie about superman, batman and wonderwoman
>incoming movies about justice league, wonder woman, flash and aquaman

>MoS is clearly trying to mimick Nolan's Batman
>BvS only happened because MoS underperformed and they were sure pitting Batman against Superman would finally get the money they wanted

>You don't get points for trying.
Clearly you don't actually care about film as an art form. You just see it as an outlet for seeing your favorite superheroes in live-action.

Watchmen is literally better than every marvel movie ever made.

It's probably overrated but, imho, in the sense that they're not 10's, like some people say they are.

That's cool, man. Personally, I loved 1 and 2. I just thought that 3, even though it was pretty good, just had a lot of weirdness and problems with it and the feel wasn't quite the same as the others.

Most adults feel this way. DC makes films, cinema.

Disney's marvel makes children's movies.

>people are waking up to the DC shitspamming on Sup Forums

Yes, you are.
I watched BvS on Saturday for the first time and the tone was miserable and unrelenting. I think there were two jokes in the whole film. The first when wonder woman starting attacking the monster at the end and they quipped "I thought she was with you". It was poorly paced and disappointing. I wanted to like it. I enjoyed MoS mostly. But after BvS I won't go near SS.

Adults with autism perhaps

FUNNY BOOKS ARE NOT FOR CHILDREN, DAD

>not enough quips

lol

>you have the autism
such argument from a marvelcuckold

BvS i wanted it to be good, but it was a mess. too many crammed in characters, shit editing, pointless scenes the list goes on. i haven't seen suicide squad yet..

HOWEVER

I will defend Man of Steel all day long, thought it was a good movie not the best, but still better than a most of the shit.

One thing I've noticed is that when I watch a DC movie I come away thinking about it, the implications on the universe, the best lines of dialogue, the moments where the score and visuals were just perfect, the performances and motivations of major characters (particularly Zod and Bruce). I remember the movies afterwards and rewatch them in the future.

When I watch a Marvel movie I really enjoy it for the time I'm in the theatre, then the day after the movie I can't remember any of the dialogue or score, I forget entire scenes or which order they come in and I can only remember the bare bones of the story. I don't rewatch them either, never bought them on disc.

Case in point GotG: I cant remember what star lord, groot or rocket do for a living or how they met. I cant remember what the macguffin thing did or why the villain was villaining. The only scenes I remember are the opening scene, the prison fight and the dogfight in the asteroid.

I read both Marvel and DC though, and enjoy both.

how was the editing shit? genuinely curious

Ultimate Edition makes BvS into a good movie, gives characters more time, puts pointless scenes in context and the editing makes sense - feels massive and exhausting though, like Watchmen.

>DC faggot attempts to be subtle

fucking kek, looks like you learned subtlety from your hero, Zach Snyder

Suicide squad is better than the avengers anyway.

Certainly have been more interesting and complex. I actually am curious at what will happen in DC movies rather than the boredom I get with marvel.

>Being this retarded

i fucking hate you baitposters so much I fucking wish you all a slow painful death

>not enough quints

This. Never think about Marvel movies after watching them. Only Marvel movies that I would rewatch are The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 1. DC movies on the other hand leave me thinking about the story that was told.

>evansposter doesn't attempt to be subtle

Only people under the age of 25 think that Evans shit is funny

Hardly. Even with the 10+ movies that the mcu has spammed until this day people still rank the first Ironman as top 3 and The first avenger is heavily underated. In these two you didn't feel the mouse's hand or the so called formula that much.

The new hulk was pure meh until the hulk/abomination sex scene. DC movies are more or less around that level,nothing outstanding until the action parts but fucked up even more due to studio butchering. Personally my favorite was Mano of steel and think that fan remake with brigther colors is high level autism.

are you me?

i damn near cringe out of my skin at marvel movies especially at the quips

>reddit>

it's just all over the place, obviously cut scenes, a lot of unnecessary scenes, plot is going nowhere, too many sub plots happening to cram in the justice league. it has no focus except for batman.
overall the pacing is awful and the movie is a mess.

try 20

that's why there's an extended cut.

Nah. Iron man was the peak. Hell even 2 was good. After that it just became formulaic capeshit.

i haven't seen that yet so i cant comment on it

Marvel movies stopped being decently good after Incredible Hulk.

I think MoS and BvS are better than any of the Marvel movies.

I'd put Suicide Squad on the same level as Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, Civil War and GotG.

DC movies are pretty bad, they seem to be chasing Marvel's quality and can never do it.

The latest example being DC trying to make their movies with more humor, which is obviously their attempt to make their movies like Marvel movies.

DC is pathetic.

completely agree user.

yawn

>Am I the only one who thinks the DC movies have been better than the first few Marvel movies so far?

>Iron Man
>Incredible Hulk
>Iron Man 2

vs

>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman
>Suicide Squad.

Yeah, nah.
Maybe if you compare the movies individually, you might have a case, but taken together, even the worst Marvel film on that list (Iron Man 2) has coherent editing, a plot with character motivations that make sense, and universe building that doesn't meaningfully cut into actually telling a story.

Will Marvel ever produce anything close to this level of beauty?

Winter Soldier is the only Marvel movie I could watch multiple times. I wish they would make more serious movies like it. The Winter Soldier is also the only major villain who wasn't forgettable or relegating to comic relief.

>The best part of seeing The Dark Knight for me was [...] the X-Files movie

Wow. I'm so sorry.

Most truthful post of the thread, among all the blatant DC propaganda being posted.

Stop talking to yourself

It's a shame he isn't "Winter Soldier" anymore.

He was badass as the villain. Should have kept him like that for a couple more movies. Now he'll become another fish out of water quipster. :(

Yeah dude ironman 2 is totally better than Batman V Superman

this

I could rewatch MoS and BvS anytime.

Everytime I try to rewatch a Marvel movie I fall asleep.

They feel like shells of a movie. An empty, dull carcass with no soul.

Then theres this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

Best out of Marvel, but BvS was better than both. And if we look at all capeshit, Spider Man 1 and 2, Watchmen, and BB+TDK are better than both of those.

and Winter Soldier has a weak third act

>DC propaganda

You hit that nail on the head. They are so mad and bitter that Rotten Tomatoes destroyed the DC movies, these pathetic DC anons flood Sup Forums with their propaganda shit, usually involving the word "kino".

This scene is always amazes me since there is no scene in the MCU that is this remarkable or dramatic.

totally not samefagging

>WB/DC is more ambitious

Marvel had to create a film franchises using a bunch of literally whos because their big hitters were tied up with other studios. They had to convince the audience that it was all connected and pull off those hints in a big cross over film. They've then had to keep that momentum going doe several more films and still tossed in some more solo films for other literally whos along the way.

WB/DC had access to their big hitters from day one. Their latest attempt at starting a shared universe was with Superman, one of the most well know super heroes and fictional characters in the world. The next film was pitting him against Batman, another mega hitter. Their next film did everything possible to copy Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy marketing campaign with bright colors and old hit songs everyone knows splattered on every trailer to make the film look like a wacky action adventure film. They weren't entirely confident either since they had to attach Will Smith onto the project, and promote the film heavily with Joker (who was barely in the film) and the latest hot topic sensation Harley Quinn.

This is all while trying to steal Marvel's shared universe idea by the way. So please, explain the ambition here

You know what? I know you're being sarcastic, and I know I'm going to get dogpiled for being a marvel shill for this, but yes. Iron Man 2 is, absolutely, an overall better film than BvS.
The visuals and setpieces in BvS are better, but the story is more coherent in IM2 by a country mile, and the movie isn't butchered so bad it needs a director's cut to be even marginally redeemable or coherent.

we need ID's on Sup Forums

go ahead and leave the thread then instead you're crying about a thread not agreeing with you

It baffles me people un-ironically think DC/WB takes 'risks'. Marvel took a risk when they decided to cast notorious coke-snorter and Hollywood-has-been RDJ as Tony Stark/Iron Man, a B-list character casuals had no interest in at the time. A movie bearing the title BATMAN V SUPERMAN will never be 'risky' money-wise.

BvS was Bay-level schlock, even worse, it was pretentious and tried to sell itself as something clever and mature. It's legitimately a movie with no integrity. It's a movie with four advertisements right in the middle of the second act, ruining any pacing what so ever. It's a movie that forces a fight between the two titular characters; where one drops a toiler onto the other one, *clunk* sound effect and all. It's a movie where a third random character, someone who has had no real presence within the movie, appears in the final climax in order to sell the trinity.

It's just amazing to me that people think BvS is something that holds the story and its characters in high regard cause it's not.

The problem is, that's LITERALLY ALL THAT MOVIE HAS.
It's got it's visuals and striking direction. That's IT. If the rest of the movie was as strong as that scene, we'd have something, but it's not, and we don't.
The story is crap, the acting across the board is flat, and 75% of the movie doesn't have anything close to being that visually or emotionally striking.

I saw the Winter Soldier once in theaters and thought it was okay. Now everyone says it's the greatest,.. Feel like I should rewatch it because I don't remember 90% of it

You don't even remember the plot to ironman 2

i wouldn't know i've never seen any of the ironman movies. however i've seen MoS and BvS multiple times

>Being so mad your movies get trashed that you become paranoid.

Kek. I bet you are part of the movement to get
Rotten Tomatoes shut down.

Look how hard you're trying. You can say the movies are bad or whatever but to say that literally any MCU film is better is objectively wrong and if you're as intelligent as you think you are you'd know this.

kino

>BvS was Bay-level schlock, even worse,

Very true.

Iron Man was really well done
But other wise yeah Man of Steel/ BvS and Suicide Squad have all been significantly better than first avenger / that hulk movie / Thor and iron man 2

we can tell you are replying to your own posts Tanner. go do your chores

Kek, I bet you wear glasses, a flannel, and got on the Internet to complain as soon as you saw batman punch Harley

I honestly didn't even like IM2 all that much, and I only saw it once several years ago, and I can already tell you I could recall the plot to that way, WAY the fuck better than I can recall the plot to BvS, which I only just saw last week.

>literally any MCU film is better is objectively wrong
Did you read the post? I never stated that anywhere. I consider something like BvS on par with the worst of MCU though. It was just a shitty movie in pretty packaging.

Recall the plot then.

>shitty
the 1 buzzword argument of a marvelcuck

Why? Because you say so?

It's good, I watched it twice over the weekend.

Nope. Sorry.

You've just made yourself sound even more absurd.

Post proof that you are not samefagging.

I got this post saved just for you.

>hero in red is in a court hearing regarding his past actions
>villain that has seen hero in red wants to prove that he is not as powerful, and lied his way to popularity
>villain is a flamboyant asshole who thinks he's better than everyone, so he gets a bigger villain to kill hero
>another hero in gray doesn't like hero in red's actions and decides to kick his ass to prove a point
>hero in grey tries to get flamboyant's villain's weapons but it ends up backfiring on him
>some dude comes in to tell the hero that the future is going to require him and his smarts
>one of the heroes points lasers together to make a new crystal to turn into a bigger gun
>lady hero shows up to spy and gather intel on heroes
>lady hero shows up later on to kick ass
>heroes team up at the end to kill bigger, grayer bad guy
>movie may not be great, but at least promises a better one throughout

I don't know what you guys are talking about,Iron Man 2wasn't really that bad.

How do I do that?

I vant my burd

>saved just for you

So you can't recall the plot to ironman 2. Better luck next time.