Why do Europeans still live at home?

Why do Europeans still live at home?

why should we move out, if our parents trat us like kings?

because we don't build cardboard houses

now show us the US

Because buying a house is financial suicide

Isn't that living in Spain as a whole?

fug

Ah, so I'm not as big of a loser as I thought I was. I'm just a normal loser.

It's like your flag

Because we are kiddy kiddsters until we turn 40

their culture is very beta. they need mommy and daddy holding their hands and even when they've moved out they need the state to support them. europeans are terrified of self sufficiency. they don't have that new world pioneer spirit.

Well, I guess the first thing is about money. It costs a lot to pay a rent or buy a house, and in some of these countries unemployment among the young people is really high.
Then I guess there's also a cultural thing. People in the north are more independent, while in the south they are more about family.

It's more to do with being poor

>tfw out of all of my friends only 1 didn't move out when he was 18

>turn 18
>go to college
>after college get job and apartment somewhere in the US

That's it.

I like my parents.

Because large households are emotionally healthier and cheaper than renting some favela hut in Chinatown once you reach majority age

Partially it's got to do with our different paths of education. The USA don't have a real apprenticeship system, everyone either flocks to a college or university hundreds of miles away immediately after school or dives straight into the work market, which often also requires moving. A lot of us folks meanwhile seek apprenticeships, which are often even available in one's hometown, and once you have one staying with your family for another few years will allow you to already save up a little money while still in education.

Also there's not such a social stigma about being a loser unless you move out at age 18, and parents thinking they can force their children into success by kicking them out. What's the fucking point?

I used to live on my own as a student because I had to be close to my uni, but since graduating I have moved back to my family home as any salary I could get (given I got a job in the first place) wouldn't allow me to live on my own.

Many parts of europe are crowded, one of the main points about ww2 was to kinda do what america did vs. indians, meaning get rid of many eastern slavs and resettle

Unless you are in the south, it's quite fine

And outside the housing market (or anything where banks get involved), which is utterly fucked, everything is cheap enough

>in rich countries people move out
>in poor countries they stay with their parents
Tough question OP. I guess we will never know why people don't move out.

Better than here where everyone I went to school with moved out for university and now 5 years down the line continue to have their rent paid for by mommy and daddy.

Well, look at the map. It's only poor country who have a high percentage (except Italy, Austria and Spain, WTF?).
Still living with parents at 25 or more is very sad, but some people have no choice.