Ukrainskis/Eastern Euros

How do I eat salo/lalina?
With bread, is it just bacon so I have to fry it, do I need vodka? Can I drink rye instead? What do?

No troll. Serious question.

just eat it

According to pictures I've seen Hungarian posters post, you put it on bread with raw red onions chopped very corasely and also while very drunk

Raw, with onion and bread. Romanians eat it with mustard too. Dip in salt, if you want. I don't recommend flavored alcohols such as whisky, vodka/rakia is rather neutral in taste, not interfering with the food.

What kind of salo?You will probably get sick btw, westerners are weak.

it's pure fat
pretty groce

Its pretty gross only with fat, we call it soap.
True slanina should have both meat and fat on it, eat it with sour pickles, cheese and tomato

rye bread, some green onions and cold as your gf in the bed vodka

I don't know what kind, whatever the Eastern Euro mutt butcher made. Has lots of fat, little meat on top and covered in salt.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Also can vodka cure colds?

Most important thing is that you should eat it raw and cold, even ice-cold, just from the freezer.

Fuck that sounds pretty hard.

Aw fuck. The butcher said I should thaw it so I did. Shit.

I will try the mustard, thanks

If you mean słonina (I'm not sure if it's the same as salo), then we eat it with bread and mustard. There is also a kind of melted słonina - smalec, I guess it's called "lard" in English, and we eat it with bread (smalec contains fried onion, salt, and tiny bits of fried becon aka "skwarki"). Some people think that słonina and smalec are tasty, but I wouldn't recomend it - reguralry eating fat food that takes like 5 years of your life.

Well, warm fat is just gross for eating it raw, at least for me. You can try it either way.

>fat food that
like that*
>reguralry
regularly*

I don't have much to live for so I'm going to give it a whirl. What you just described sounds super tasty though.

Understandable

>Vodka with pepper. This medicine is prepared as follows: a third of a teaspoon of ground red or black pepper is added to a glass of vodka. Further, the contents of the glass are mixed well with the tip of the knife and belt it down. I advise you not to exceed the dosage of pepper, because you can burn the mucous membrane of the throat or stomach.
>Vodka cocktail. Prepare 20-40 grams of vodka add 2-3 drops of radish juice or mustard. The mixture should be drunk before going to bed, then wrapped in a blanket. A small amount of alcohol taken allows the patient to warm up and sweat, and radish or mustard - kill the virus. The next morning a person feels better.
>Vodka with honey: 1. Mix in a saucepan 50 grams of vodka and 50 grams of honey.
2. To make the taste more pleasant, you can add a slice of lemon, a teaspoon of cumin and a pinch of ginger.
3. The resulting mixture is heated in a bain-marie, but do not bring to a boil.
4. Drink a few sips.
After taking the medicine, you need to go to bed, it's good to take cover to sweat.

You will need: salo, vodka (or samogon/gorilka), green onions, garlic, black bread and some good friends
Algorithm:
1. Firstly choose the most important person of the event, the guy who will pour vodka. He called here "razlivayushchaya ruka"
2. While the guy pour vodka into glasses, you cut the salo and bread
3. Drink the first shot with the traditional toast for the meeting ("za vstrechu!") and go immediately to 4. Do not snack.
4. The guy pours the next shots
5. Some short toast or just "Nu, davay"
6. Drink
7. Put slice of salo on the bread, small piece of garlic and eat it with green onion
7. Enjoy of communication
8. GOTO 4

I checked, Belarusians, Russians and Ukrainians call it salo/sala, while we and some Southern Slavs call it slanina/slonina. You should also try a smoked version of this food.

My fuck this is amazing. Thanks!

Smoked sounds awesome. The stuff the dude gave me it basically just salty chewy fat. Being a hoser and a mild alcoholic I'm not above eating that and drinking vodka.

Will definitely try smoked in the future though.

In Russia we call salt meat solonina.

This retard bought and expected for poverty eastern european food to taste good. Our "cuisine" is simply the cheapest products we need to survive in our poor shitholes. It's not good.

I dunno bud. Pictures of salo looked pretty tasty and the descriptions everyone posted here make it sound delicious. Maybe Bulgaria just sucks at everything so you've never experienced anything good.

Some times the less is more friend

how can you enjoy eating that amount of fat?? me personally i can't eat because makes me to throw up. if it's like guanciale (fat with some meat on) you can cook a sort of carbonara. all you need is pennette, eggs, pepper, "guanciale", parmigiano/pecorino (cheese)

in Russia you call everything backwards

With black/grey bread and vodka + tomatoes.

Trust me, it's the best way.
I am not kidding you or fooling around.

I can't agree, we also have fuckload of recipes for nobles, usually baked deers, ducks, swans, bears, boars; they drank mead or high quality vodkas (sometimes fruit flavoured, like "sliwowica" - "plum vodka"); they had some "ritual" dishes like for example "czernina" (a kind of soup made of duck blood that was served when parents of a noble girl didn't accept some guy who wanted to marry her). Of course they also ate many kind of cakes. Many of these recipes became popular among common folks after some noble families were degraded in the 19th century. The only common denominator is that noblemen and peasants preferred fat dishes, we live in the north, after all.

In Bulgaria you have rich traditions of winery. Or take Macedonia for example - I think that they have the largest underground wine storage in the world.

How is it called in Russian? Solenaya solonina? Solenoye miaso solonina?

It is because of the generally cold weather, user. Just pork fat is fairly mild; some far north peoples eat raw seal fat and other more disgusting things in order to survive.

In winter, when there is minus 20 degrees outside, one simply has to eat fat food like that, it was especially important in old times. We also have other food that would be disgusting for Southerners, for example we use sour milk here (aka "zsiadłe mleko" - "sitting milk"). Also vodka is basikally undrinkable in your climate, I guess. Definitely our food is unhealthy.

Solenoye miaso is salted meat, Solonina is the technology of food storage: the meat is exposed to salt for a long period of time so it could be long stored at positive temperatures