Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6lWxprkKtA
youtube.com/watch?v=Zzc2NJ7F6gw
youtube.com/watch?v=VurnfrJonPg
youtube.com/watch?v=aj13Y_H6lDo
youtube.com/watch?v=e6_rz7ddxNI
youtube.com/watch?v=x4jQQif1DAg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b2lda4mlNSerWcfFhF_tlPbU1yFRGBrGCvn2wStIVGA/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=c45a1WTr-wY
youtube.com/watch?v=1M53sy_4Nbk
youtube.com/watch?v=srw0KDpgoZQ
kanjitisiki.com/tyugako/tyugaku02/282.html
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/83198/meaning/m0u/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for hirasawa

youtube.com/watch?v=d6lWxprkKtA

Good taste.

平沢進 / バンディリア旅行団
youtube.com/watch?v=Zzc2NJ7F6gw
平沢進 / 白虎野
youtube.com/watch?v=VurnfrJonPg
P-MODEL / 2D or not 2D
youtube.com/watch?v=aj13Y_H6lDo
P-MODEL / enola
youtube.com/watch?v=e6_rz7ddxNI

How do I write "Has Sarah ever kissed John?" in Japanese?

君はコスモを感じたことがあるか

Mocked up a thing, suits your op by-line.

cool

>Lifting while listening to JLPT practice tracks

Is there anything better to lift to?

Hard to read from the thumbnail though, which kind of limits its practicality.

Lolicore, maybe.
youtube.com/watch?v=x4jQQif1DAg

Are you the Norwegian user from last thread?

If yes, can you explain what you meant by
>changing the situation
from

Sorry, I meant
>putting yourself in different situations

Can we stop using so many anime images as the OPs?

I think it drives away Sup Forums posters who are attracted to Japanese learning for other, equally-valid reasons such as Ikebana and Zen Buddhism.

He means watch a documentary about river shrimp one day, read a book in Japanese about the Spanish Civil War the next, and of course go on many day trips throughout India with your Japanese girlfriend.

Vocabulary from those unique situations sticks a lot faster.

Not me, so I can't speak for him, but I imagine he means learning words by exposing yourself to them in as many ways as possible instead of just that one example sentence your deck might have, and then use Anki to review them rather than learn new ones.

生花は悪い

Very talented guy, seeing him flawlessly hit the high notes live is enviable. My introduction to him was through his Kenja No Propeller album, which I can now see is rather weak and feckless in the production department, many of his other works have trumped that easily.

The early P-Model albums are notoriously known for their stark contrast to his later techno pop sound, but it's interesting how the first track on the second album is a big foreshadowing of what was to come. Still though, who would of thought Hirasawa would have gone from a Japanese Devo clone to what his solo career became, lol.

生花?

>Is there a site/tool where I could see a particular kaji used in a simple sentece without having other kanji's in that sentence into a minimum so I could focus on the kanji I'm studying?
The Core10k Anki deck has around the 2,500 kanji mark and relatively information sparse sentences which are grammatically correct. You could use example sentences from that and remove the kanji from the field with furigana, leaving it all kana beside the kanji you are focusing on. To be honest that sounds like a painful idea but it is a reliable source for short, simple sentences if that is what you really want.
There is also this spreadsheet with kanji based on frequency of usage on social media (Twitter). It has individual links for the kanji entry on Jisho, to common words which use the kanji, once again on Jisho, and a link for current Twitter results of Japanese posts which use that character. That link will give you access to a range of candid, native usage but it is probably a bad idea for a beginner who wants simple examples.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b2lda4mlNSerWcfFhF_tlPbU1yFRGBrGCvn2wStIVGA/edit?usp=sharing

>合法ロリ
That's as offensive as おっぱいロリ.
Loli is a fleeing state of feminine biological purity, not just a body type.
Better to die chaste and lonely than tainted.

There are manga and anime about 生花 and 禅宗.
It would do you well to remember where you are, user.
This is Sup Forums. Not Facebook, not Reddit, but Sup Forums.
The "notorious" weeaboo website for people who come to get away from normality.

I picked up 3 or 4 early P-Model LPs here years ago at this point, and I still haven't listened to them (and hundreds of others of records) yet. I keep thinking I'm going to move every year, but I never do, so I don't want to set up a turntable system.

It's going to be like twelve Christmases for me whenever I finally do settle down somewhere and get a new turntable.

I know I'm in for something good. I'm not a big Devo fan but I seem to like every bit of squonky 80s dementia tangentially related to them

The early P-Model definitely has much more of that youthful, burning spirit of early techno punk, quite a far cry from Hirasawa's works. The "Devo" sound is the foundation, though much more so the pre-major label Devo of like '77, when they clearly didn't have much interest in commercial potential lol. Most of P-Model's songs are quite fun; some are a little sharper than others and kind of lacking in strong melodies, but yes there certainly is "80s dementia" written all over them. Their live recordings are probably a hit, too.

RTK keyword, and 混ぜる. I somewhat trusted it with 昆 as descendant because that seems like a simple concept that's hard to fuck up but apparently the only word example using it is 昆虫, insect, and the next thing google translate suggests is 昆布, kelp. God fucking dammit Heisig.

The guide says you can put new cards at the front of the deck for each day but I only see a randomized one and at the end.

Where is the option to put new cards first?

>like a Japanese Devo

Do you guys like Togawa Jun as well?

youtube.com/watch?v=c45a1WTr-wY
youtube.com/watch?v=1M53sy_4Nbk
youtube.com/watch?v=srw0KDpgoZQ

I just checked and I have

In a Model Room
Potpourri
and Karkador

on hand.

Love her. I've successfully tracked down most of her material at this point. Just missing the Guernica records IIRC.

If you're ok with CDs you could try going for that boxset that was released a few years ago, it should be more easily available than the LPs. Also has some fantastic bonus tracks.

It's about the thrill of the hunt desu.

I mean if I wanted the LPs I could probably order them online too. I just like going to shops, finding shit in the stacks, then having the aging cashier say "why do you know about this?"

It's hard not to respect her immense vocal talents, though to be honest I've always had a preference for male vocalists (the only exception for J-artist being probably Yuming, though she clearly doesn't have a "good" voice, so to speak). I greatly enjoy a lot of her peers in that scene.

However I must admit, that version of Radar Man is much better than the Halmens original, holy shit (the use of real drums is a pleasant surprise, too). Though I feel that is partly to blame on the dated production of the Halmens records.

In A Model Room is a great start; flimsy weak production, but enough "debut"-like energy and strong individual tracks to keep it relevant in this day and age. Potpourri is much more angular and grotesque, but it is strangely alluring in its uncompromising attitude. I honestly don't even know how I would rate it. Karkador, I have not heard.

>God fucking dammit Heisig.
It's not really Heisig on this one. Even Japanese kanji dictionaries give the kanji a general "meaning" in the same vein.
kanjitisiki.com/tyugako/tyugaku02/282.html
意味:
あに(兄)。
むし。
のち。あと。子孫。

From the generic Google information box which appears above the results when you go a search for
〖昆〗 コン
あとに続くもの。子孫。また、兄。「昆弟・後昆」

From goo
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/83198/meaning/m0u/
こん【昆】 の意味:
1 仲間が多い。「昆虫」
2 兄。「昆弟」
3 子孫。「後昆」

This is kind of where kanji "meaning" is useful to an extent but makes more sense when there is a collection of known words floating around your head which use the kanji so you can get a feel for the connection between these keywords different sources provide. Try not to get too hung up on them while you are going through RTK. Whether or not they are accurate, the keywords are more importantly the thing which prompts the mnemonic or story for the kanji to help you remember how to write it. Treating it like some form of dictionary will only bog you down with unnecessary stuff for the purpose of the first RTK book.

Sorry, the only scholarships I know only go up to PhD, if you're looking for postdoc I can't help you. But I'm sure with a PhD you shouldn't have too much problem coming to Japan, right?

Posting from Haneda Airport.

This sounds really stupid and obvious, but Google image searching ambiguous vocabulary can be really helpful. If a word has a whole bunch of meanings, it can show you what the most common one actually is.

What does 調子のんな mean?

Obviously the FSA and Turkey dislike the Kurds, but I can't make sense of のんな

乗るな

What does ばしたら mean in this line?

ばしたらお父様に怒られちゃうわね。

So, "Pshh... don't get too cocky.... kid"

?

Yup.

Is it any particular dialect? Or just casual?

Definitely sure it isn't バレたらお父様に怒られちゃうわね?

Not a dialect, just slang. It can also be seen in other expressions ending with るな, like 来るな → 来んな.

Yeah, it's probably that. The レ just looks like し in the manga.

Give me anime, or give me death.

What are you reading?

Great advice, thank you. Some more technical or jargon-esque nouns are not covered in basic dictionaries, so this method appears to be quite helpful.

Yep, I'm reading that too right now.