Why is "authentic " Mexican food so gross?

Why is "authentic " Mexican food so gross?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Kitchencraft-World-Flavours-Mexikanische-Tortillapresse/dp/B00FSBBLAY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491083672&sr=8-2&keywords=tortilla press
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally just looks like normal stew.

That's for the elderly machos.

because you touch yourself at night

Looks tasty. Menudillos?
Also.
>Americans.
>Knowing about food.

So how many times are we going to have this cherry-picking thread?

We can do it too, and better.

Callos are delicious if that is callos.Those look pretty crappy though

I love pozole but hate menudo, pretty nasty desu.

Menudo has to be the most meme food I had ever heard from.

>first image you get when you search for "menudo comida"

That looks worst than ops

Why is there a butthurt Chilean talking shit about Mexico in every single thread? Fuck off back to nido.

Cause he's looking for (you)s and you just gave him two, you puto.

>elderly
>machos
Then you guys are fucking pussies. I ate menudo when I was a fucking kid and dumped a ton of onions/cilantro in it too.

Menudo isn't even Mexican you insecure beaner, and I'm serious, the first picture looks tasty like a great stew, the second one looks like just plain all cow belly with some red pepper powder. It doesn't look good and the jalapeño and lime on the side just makes it look even more flavourless.

I know it isn't, that wasn't the question. So I'll say it again.

Why is there a butthurt Chilean talking shit about Mexico in every single thread? Fuck off back to nido.

because you're so used to burgers and chicken tendies that any food that doesn't resemble those seems weird and gross to you

Same tbqh.

Love this shit mane.

m8, most of your food looks weird and gross to me too.

like what?

boršč (anything with beet is ofc icky), galareta, žurek (dem boiled eggs!),

i understand galareta, not my favourite, but żurek, really?
>(dem boiled eggs!)
do you not like eggs, or just don't want to see them in a soup?

eggs in soup is a bit unprecedented in my part of the world, ya

what are some typical slovenian dishes?

You are on an international board and get mad that someone make fun of your country. Who is the butthurt on this escenario?

You should be used to people making fun of Mexico. He was right regardless of what picture looks better, Menudo is a meme food.

I don't go around posting in a dozen threads talking about Chile or you, just this one. While you are in over a dozen threads talking about us, I am curious as to why?

sausage, sauerkraut & baked potatoes with onions, golaž, segedinski golaž (basically bigos), fried chicken with baked potatoes, ričet (a take on Eintopf), beef broth with noodles (the anchor of Slovenian cuisine), ajdovi žganci z ocvirki (buckwheat polenta with quarks), among others.

Chileans don't make a dozen threads that allow to make fun of us, and Chileans are not chicanos. More important you got mad at someone saying one picture look better than op's. Saying Mexicans can't handle banter is being too nice, you literally can't handle anything that isn't praise.

>eggs in soup is a bit unprecedented in my part of the world, ya
Meanwhile in Italy...

is that suppose to be the one that cures you from hangover?

disgusting looking but really tasty

If you want to keep being obsessed, go ahead.

that'd be birria, is lamb with guajillo pepper, bell pepper, onions, garlic, bay leaves and thyme boiled for 5 hours.

pic rel

This looks ok to me...

Yeah, I can't imagine trying to eat it hungover. Would puke faster than speedy gonzalez runs.

never had any actual Authentic Mexican Food™, i honestly wish i went to cancun when my parents wanted to, like 7 years ago

>chile

Can you guys give me some good taco filling tips? Usually I just make my own guacamole, some salad and fried chicken bits. I tried pico de gallo, but it turned out quite watery.

You'll only be able to get Authentic Mexican Food for a little while longer in America.

Authentic Mexican Tacos are just meat, cilantro and onions senpai.

I didn't ask what people think authentic tacos consist of, I asked for good ideas and recipes to look up and try at home. Sauces, marinades and so on.

mexican food looks shit

Peasant food is meant to taste good and fill, not look pretty.

You can try making pickled red onion, it's pretty good

I can give you names of popular tacos, but I don't know how to make them myself nor if you could get the ingredients there. But here we go: Tacos al pastor, barbacoa, carnitas, mixiote, suadero. I'm sure google knows how...

>red onion
disgusting

Nah it's good
Pic related, guacamole and pickled red onion

buy some corn flour which is literally sold everywhere, add hot water, salt, a tiny little bit of butter, mix well and make them into tortillas with the help of a plastic bag and something heavy to make them as thin as you can.
For the filling buy a good chunk of nice meat, the more fat in it the better (search for the suadero cut), cut it in tiny chunks and fry it in a pan with olive oil, a piece of garlic, salt and Worcestershire sauce, fry it well until the meat fat has been completely boiled down and it has let a brown color.
Put the meat in a bowl and with the excess fat in the pan fry some small white onions (cebollin) at low fire for around 15 minutes, take them out until you can completely tear them down with your own spatula and are brown in color.
For the salsa, buy an avocado, 5 green tomatoes, 2 jalapeño peppers (add an habanero pepper if you like hot food) and coriander, mix well in a blender or a food processor with some water.
serve in tacos, put the fried onions on top and add as much salsa as you want.
This is how tacos are made in here.

That looks really nice. Learning to pickle onions and other things is on my to-do.

Thanks, do you use some kind of press to flatten your tortillas there? I tried making them myself once and it turned out too thicc.
A lot of Mexican recipes seem to call for green tomatoes, but I don't think I've ever seen those here.

>do you use some kind of press to flatten your tortillas there?
yea they do, although the one I saw the presser was the size of a small stool so the tortillas came out huge. I'm sure there are smaller ones.

yeah, you can buy them online, or use your imagination to make them thin.
They are pretty inexpensive tho
amazon.de/Kitchencraft-World-Flavours-Mexikanische-Tortillapresse/dp/B00FSBBLAY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491083672&sr=8-2&keywords=tortilla press