Anyone here ever emigrated to Canada?

Anyone here ever emigrated to Canada?

If yes:
>How long have you been in Canada?
>What city?
>What are your current thoughts on living in canada?

I have the opportunity to live in Vancouver in 2018, but I would really like to go to Toronto instead and would like to hear some opinions.

Let's keep Sup Forums to a minimum.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvo.org/video/documentaries/my-millennial-life
henrymakow.com/2013/06/Vancouver: Beautiful-Setting-Sinister-Society .html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Compact)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Canada_College
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off we're full

Strange, your PM is inviting me for a cup of tea.

Has anyone emigrated to Canada here?

Vancouver is a pretty sweet city. Lots of homelessness and druggies though, but that's pretty much any city (in Canada). If you have the opportunity to live there, I would give it a shot. If you don't like it, then head back home after a year or two.

Are you going for school? Work? Something family related?

colombian in vancouver been in canada for 12 years ama

albertan here
bc is really nice, but very expensive. ontario is ok. everything else is kinda shitty, desu. honestly, most people here are just white niggers.

I would be going to live permanently, to try my luck in life.

The reason why I would like to go live in Toronto is because I would like to continue my career in finance and I imagine it would be much more difficult to find a job in my area in Vancouver.

Other than that Vancouver looks fantastic, would live in/10.
Hola! Todo bien?

>What city do you live in?
>If you don't mind, what is your occupation?
>Are you treated like an outsider?
>Do you regret your decision?

Vancouver is nice (memays aside) but it's hilariously expensive.

>I would like to continue my career in finance
Not the Columbian, but do you expect to show up here and find a job in your field? That's not how it works. You first find a job and then move to a country. If you just show up you'll find a job that's high in demand like construction.

I'm not hoping for that. That's why I would do 3-6 months of temp work.

>I would do 3-6 months of temp work.
Why do you expect temp work is temporary? I've worked in IT for an architectural company that has huge turnover of contract workers and this seems to be at least the default experience for the millenial generation (to be eternal temps). You should first apply to jobs around the world, and then move if you get the job. You might not get it in Canada.

there's a Brazilian in the /luso/ general who lived in Canada

>1 year ago
>Montreal
>Cold af

How do you feel the Canadian job market is right now?

Are people having a hard time finding jobs?

Immigrants here have a hard time finding jobs in their fields because most companies don't recognize foreign credentials, and the job market is saturated as fuck with 200,000 people moving to Toronto every year with the same plan as you

There's a popular meme here that your brown taxi driver has a PhD in engineering or some shit

>How do you feel the Canadian job market is right now?
Been shit since 2008

>Are people having a hard time finding jobs?
Yes unless you have connections, lots of shitty part time minimum wage jobs but good jobs have severe competition

>How long have you been in Canada?
7 years.
>What city?
Waterloo
>>What are your current thoughts on living in canada?
Moving to the US soon

>Are people having a hard time finding jobs?
Not in construction or transport.

Here's a documentary about Canadian millennials that covers job searching as well:

What made you decide you wanted to move to the US?

Thanks, I'll be looking into it.

I thought I would have it easier since I have a pretty solid CV, I never thought it would be easy but I'll look more into this.

> foreign credentials
And local credentials. Pic related from

Don´t come here man, we don't have enough banana as it is now, and I seriously doubt you would enjoy enduring 6 months+ long winters

move to Australia 2bh, it's richer, whiter, and warmer, it's a fucking no brainer

>I have a pretty solid CV
Then apply for a job first and move if you find one. This isn't Hudsucker Proxy.

Toronto is miles better for finance, so that makes sense. But definitely try to find a job before coming here. Toronto is super competitive when it comes to finance. It used to be a complete joke 10-20 years ago, but Toronto is starting to become a very legitimate city and things just get more and more competitive.

If you work for an MNC, see if they have an office in Toronto and try to transfer. If not, do not come here without a job because you will likely struggle.

I have an engineering degree and drive a forklift

Optician is a neat niche industry round these parts, if you can put up with 6 months shit wage entry level you can switch to full time while going for your license. Once you have that small towns pay a good deal more for opticians than cities, theyre always looking, and the cost of living is lower.
Something to consider, if your credentials aren't good.

Could be worse, forklift operator pays more than the other grunts.

lol no it doesn't

I work for a Big 4 and they have some offices there.

I'll defintely be trying that first. What sucks is that my higher ups don't care at all about people who leave so I think I would probably have some issues on a transfer. I'm going to hope though.

they pay like $15-16/h

They're unemployed because they lack hard to get experience and/or are qualified for low demand jobs, not that their creds are unrecognized.
Migrants are the opposite, they've got experience often but not recognized credentials, which is arguably worse.
The irony is that some foreign credentials are recognized, but folks with degrees from there don't need to emigrate in the first place.

Folks I knew were. Marginally, dollar difference, but hey beer money is beer money.

Unless you are a scientist or something you will be working at mcdonalds for the rest of your life. Most of the trades and factory jobs are reserved for non-monkey people. I.e. muslims and whites.

>qualified for low demand jobs
Yes and as someone already said here there is an infinite supply of people who want those jobs including OP.

>>How long have you been in Canada?
Not anymore.
I was there for 5 years.

>>What city?
Red Deer and then Calgary

>>What are your current thoughts on living in canada?
It's fine, you can earn decent money if you're hard working, but you sound like an uninformed moron so I'm not sure you'll do well there.

I was working a trade job (electrician, full credentials) and that was in demand back then, I don't know how the situation is there right now.

I only came back because I got tired of living there and want to try Europe now, with the money I saved from my time in Canada.

I'm going to Norway next year.

It's not as if all jobs are low demand. He's after finance, one certainly difficult to break into, but if he's willing to settle there are options.

>there are options.
One option is to have an uncle who finds you a job.

I REALLY REALLY hope you like being lonely because that's what emigrating to Vancouver feels like.

t. Mineiro

henrymakow.com/2013/06/Vancouver: Beautiful-Setting-Sinister-Society .html

Vancouver is an NWO meme experiment city

>you sound uninformed
If I was informed I wouldn't be asking these questions.

Thanks for your insights though.

I'm working on getting more job experience so I won't have to settle but I understand that if it comes to that I will.

I feel like this is just one of those things in life where it's a life lesson you just have to learn.

Do you regret your decision? How long have you been there?

Moving to the USA would be a better bet

Basically the same culture, more money, lower cost of living, more employment opportunities, better climate

I don't regret it as I live with my brother so we share the rent but man, everybody is so dead, just imagine emos who cut themselves to feel alive now replace emos with vancouverites and cut themselves with drugs and it's the the thing, people lack common sense in just about every regard too.

White people are just so strange, specially construction workers.

I was about to say this, imagine living in the shittiest usa state like idaho or something. That's canada.

As I said, optical is chill, since I get paid enough to live on (21/h) and I get to spend most of my day shitposting on Sup Forums.
It's NEET-lite.

Better opportunities, more jobs in my field with higher salaries, lower taxes, and cheaper housing. It makes no sense for me to keep living in Canada. More choices for my daughter as well when she is older.

Soon I'll be a Canadian citizen and then I'll start applying for jobs in the US.

From what I heard Canada isn't very xenophobic.

I've lived in the US for 10 years and I've had very xenophobic experiences. What a shame.

That sucks. Do you see yourself living there in the future?

I'll be looking into it, thanks man.

Idaho is nice

Homelessness and drug addiction are much more noticeable in Vancouver than in any other Canadian city. It has easy access to drug imports from Asia, but more importantly it is one of the few places in Canada where you can live on the streets and not literally freeze to death.

Why would somebody move to a meme city like Toronto or Vancouver when they could move to based Edmonton?

Canadians are very xenophobic, it's just that we are polite. The cities are not as bad because you are surrounded by other non-canadians and ivory tower liberal types.

But in the rurals you won't be welcome.

People in Canada are only tolerant at work. As soon as the clock out it changes.

Asian people have a really hard time with the trades because it's all fat white dudes and muslims usually.

Just stick to your own kind when you are drinking and you will be fine. Try to rip the wrong guy off, and you will find yourself in a shallow grave out in the woods, or stuff down a sewer drain.

Just don't be dumb.

>it's just that we are polite
Honestly that's fine by me.

It's an underrated city for sure. I'd like to live there when/if the economy picks up.

live in vancouver working right now but gonna go to college next. Not at all if you speak english and it wasnt my dcision

It's more about conflict avoidance than actual acceptance. All that shit you hear about diversity and tolarance is the government tooting it's own horn. It's not like that at all, people just stick to their own.

Just don't be a loud mouth or a shifty fucker and you will be fine.

Conflict avoidance is nice tho in comparison to folks from places where yelling insults is part of the process of haggling

Yes I agree, I think that's part of the reason Canada is preferable to usa. Nobody likes a spazz.

Thanks!

I get what you're saying, I just don't want conflict either.

If you are white and your accent isn't sharp you will fit in just about anywhere. I just don't want you to think it's some rainbow candy land where you can walk home drunk without getting stabbed. Lots of bad shit can happen if you are dumb.

Thanks, I get what you're saying.

My accent is pretty good from living in the US, I just don't look Canadian. That's my whole deal.

Just grow a beard and wear a hoody and baseball cap and bluejeans. There you are canadian now.

Yeah, I've been here for 3 years, I've been living in Montreal, I don't like it because the french are scummy and meritocracy/capitalism are sort of seen as bad words, I am from Romania which is a very different culture which I think appeals to me better. If you're used to the aforementioned you might like it, otherwise I would recommend staying away. Also, IT"S FUCKING COLD.

>I just don't look Canadian.
>wants to move to Chinese Vancouver or poo in the loo Toronto
Come on now.

The east coast is fucked, I was born in toronto, you can't pay me to live out there. B.C. or Alberta, or nothing. You foreigners are crazy for living in quebec.

implying I had a choice, I hate it I want to die, mom moved me as a minor and I can't afford to move. Btw did you know you get arrested at 17 for not following your mom to the asshole of the world if she demands it, (((romanian law))) boys

Canada is just as fucked, if you get divorced your wife gets basically everything, no matter what.

>meritocracy/capitalism are sort of seen as bad words
Kek'd

A lot of parts in the world are like that unfortunately.

I know, switzerland is the place to be man

I'm going back, but we've inherited properties and the property boom is still going on so we can invest back in my home country.

I'm just going to squeeze out some kids, then when I'm old and useless I'm going into the forest to build a Cabin. I will sit infront of the fire while I drink a two six of rum then blow my head off with a shotgun.

Fuck this frozen shithole.

>>meritocracy/capitalism are sort of seen as bad words
>Kek'd

Not the Romanian but one thing a lot of people don't know about Canada is that in the 19th century, they tried to establish a ruling class here (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Compact) and to a degree they were successful. People who want to be in government tend to attend the Upper Canada College:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Canada_College

Anglo countries inherited UK's classism.

Oh and folks love you and I, I've gotten preferential treatment on American airlines for acting normally.

Are you going to be one of those immigrants that talks Portuguese loudly in public, only hangs out with Brazilians, and try's to push the culture, and doesn't respect the host country and it's rules and people?

I hope I can avoid that, I'll do my best to get out. Wow... never though someone actually got it

lol

how hard is to get a white bf ?

It's not as if we have a lot of rules
Speak softly, hold doors, and say sorry instead of excuse me.
We're not hard to please.

Sorry I'm just a Canadian living abroad worried about Canada turning to shit

Yes user, those are exactly my intentions.

Buddy, it's already shit. Every city is filling up with africans at this point. As far as I'm concerned if they aren't black or chinese they are good to go.

Well if you are I hope they reject your visa.

Say, if you lived in the US for 10 years why aren't you a US citizen? Seems rather strange

>rip the wrong guy off

is this what you have to do to get killed in canada? i'd say thats a pretty safe threshold

so for an ex-muslim arab guy who loves western culture, how hard would it be to make white friends and be accepted by the community?

Lad of course it isn't

Because I've lived in the US on and off. You have to be living 6 constant years.

Damn, well I'm coming from shit to more shit, awesome

So you were just making money, that's fine but why do you return to such a shithole like Brazil? Regardless of it's your home, or perhaps you're from a wealthy family?

canadanons can you kindly answer the second question here:

>by the community
There are many white communities. Toronto has super rich exclusive neighbourhoods. It has white European ethnic enclaves. It has hipster neighbourhoods that are clouded with marijuana smell (not joking, I live in one, it smells like weed at night when you go out).

for teh lulz

user I think it'll be fine. For my experience in the US, it doesn't really matter.

umm, if you don't know how to sort it out, yeah, but you can usually talk these groups out of it. I myself had a lot of trouble with a muslim gang for some bullshit interaction in school and almost got in big trouble, luckily i talked them out of it without pulling out the knife.

Oh fuck second question...ummm everyone sucks muslim dick in quebec, they are the most beloved and appreciated group in shitty montreal areas at least. I would have to say that most schools are majority muslim so you'd have to get accepted by them not the other way around.

Basically you don't come to Canada if you love the west, you come here to watch it on its death bed.

Seriously why? I don't want you taking advantage of my country, we have enough troublemakers as it is.

>Seriously why?
FOR. TEH. LULZ.

Lose your corruptive ways, temer JR

Stay out of cities.

Eu não ironicamente gosto do Temer.

Temer is in power because Brazilians are idiots, such as yourself

>I hate Temer
>I can't explain why
>People don't like him, that means I can't like him either even though I don't understand any of his policies!

Look at the state of the country, he cuts money social departments and education and puts more money into military, yeah he's a good guy.