Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

This summer I will be travelling to roughly pic related.

I have 1 month.

Any tips or suggestions as to where I should go? Im not so interested in the meme cities, and very much enjoy pastoral European towns (though Im fine with the occasional city).

The extent of my experience in Europe is several months in Switzerland and northern Italy.

All suggestions welcome!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab#Germany
dropbox.com/s/r1gi99qzc6wt59h/NEW_City Collection.docx?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Avoid:
>Amsterdam
>Rotterdam
>Den Haag
>Utrecht
>Alkmaar
>Tilburg
>Pretty much the whole Randstad

Go to:
>Southern part of Limburg, including Maastricht
>Vlissingen
>Breda
>Province Friesland

If you've spent months in switzerland and italy you are in for a serious disappointment, the rest of europe either looks like old shit or industrial newage shit (mostly the bombed areas).
Switzerland is the creme de la creme of views. Nothing in Europe comes close.

Prague

Don't come to Berlin, we don't want tourists

Maastricht is actually nice to be fair but ignore this poster and go to Amsterdam or Utrecht to see a real "Dutch" city.

>Amsterdam
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>real "Dutch" city
Please never post this ever again. I literally feel like I'm a tourist in a different country every time I visit that shithole.

Utrecht is ok in some parts.

>avoid the only worthy places of my shitty country that is holland.

saying amsterdam is what our country looks like is like saying england looks like london

t. Greekshit

Stop shitposting
Amsterdam is most definitely worth visiting, as is Utrecht

>Im not so interested in the meme cities, and very much enjoy pastoral European towns
Did you even read the OP?

>h-hey guys, avoid the biggest cities and visit the incest infested villages of the netherlands, I promise i-it is worth it!!

Any places in Germany I should go?

Any comfy dutch towns to visit?

Visit Hamburg.

oh come on now. it's a beautiful city and very dutch. yes there are loads of foreigners like any european capital but i was more talking the architecture.
fuck rotterdam.

Him being fine with the occasional city, based on my experience I'd say Amsterdam is one of the worthiest to pay a visit to.

Try Ribe, Skagen, Dragor, Ronne, Marielyst.

come to hjalteyri senpai
note: must be 20-23
old enough to buy us beer but not old

Maastricht, Gulpen, Breda, Vlissingen, Gouda, Haarlem, Leiden, Sneek and Delft.

Wouldn't you like France more?

On the List.

Whats good to do there?

Isn't beer in Iceland insanely expensive?
That said, I do want to try the whale testicle beer.

Are these comfy Danish towns?

Thank you!

How much of your languages should I try to learn?

I have Decent French, and very basic German.

also btw can get you coke or speed if you are into that

As a foreigner who's visited most of these places, seriously just go to Amsterdam.

Its not really worth it imo, pretty much all Dutch people speak English.

>hjalteyri
>population 43

As a foreigner who's been to England a lot, just go to London. It represents the country really well.

Major bait.
Those are the worst "dutch" cities.
Bergen op zoom, Breda, Den Bosch, Maastricht en Roermond are the best.

Ribe, Skagen and Ronne, yes. Dragor is close to the capital and has a charming neighborhood. Idk what else to do there. Marielyst is a party town, not really anything to do other than going to the beach or party. Mons Klint is pretty close though. All these towns have less than 14k citizens while Marielyst goes from 700 to 50,000 in the summer

>visit england, don't visit london
lol
Also London >>> rest of England anyway.
Those places are fucking boring though.

Holland isn't a country. Thats like calling Hessen a country. Holland are two provinces.

This is exactly what I want user. Thanks

Just cause I'm from Canada doesn't mean ill like it more. Though I would like to see the wine there.

if this is bait, its good bait because i'm triggered right now

>Whats good to do there?
Well whatever you would want to do in Germany. The cuisine is really good, eat a currywurst and döner. We have a lot of nice sights as well. The night life is enjoyable as well. Go party with your friends or by yourself.

I know, a lot of german people use it as a synonym. I use it to offend dutch people

Watch the edge, son.

Salzburg
Innsbruck
Wien
Munich
some comfy towns in Upper Bavaria
Nürnberg
Bamberg
Regensburg
Burghausen

all worth a visit

t. Holländer

>bavaria

>London>rest of England.
Preposterous. Absolute madman.
No regard to the beauty of rural landscapes and the kindness of country folk.

Your previous comment makes sense now. Enjoy your concrete copy paste. Your sodom and gomorra. Your metaphorical pigsty. Etcetera ad infintum.

Is Bavaria a meme? It seems ideal to me.

>that envy

Absolut horrible people and boring as fuck cities. I warn you.

lets see what states receives most tourists BY FAR?

That's the improper way to adress me. I do not live there nor are my family from there. I'm not from the province of Holland.

You are meme anyway holländer

>states
*state

t. fliegender Holländer

Germany is rightfully Dutch clay.
Your artificial country belongs to the Nassau family.

Go to Lübeck.
Pretty much a shitty city, but it has this comfy urban style because it's so small.
Used to be a trade city, that is why it has some cool semi interesting architecture. The countryside around it is also cool (some small stone farm houses and nature)
Overall one of my favourite citys.

Visit some castles (use google and wiki for that)

Avoid Berlin

>the only reason people go to bavaria is because of beer and oktoberfest (which is not even a good event)

>Pretty much a shitty city
why shitty? I still like it :3 But I don't think it is anything for OP as it is uneventful.

Is Berlin that bad?

Thanks for the suggestions of smaller cities.

Any tips on Beer in Germany?

Seriously Northern Germany is kinda shit.

The state of Tyrole alone has as many tourists as Greece

copenhagen experience
>airport: "beware of pickpockets"
>currency exchange in central station: "beware of pickpockets"
>walking tour guide: "beware of pickpockets"
>sign on every third store in Stroget: "beware of pickpockets"
wtf, is this denmark of romania?

Bamberg. Most beautiful place I had the benefit of visiting in Germany.

Trento and Rovereto and the whole Dolomites region had stunning views and atmosphere.

Lago di Garda was great too, but avoid it during the weekends.

>Any tips on Beer in Germany?

Avoid the big names.
A burger told me, they sell pic for 5$ a bottle, KEK

Berlin is the most fun city in Germany. It is very eventful but the people there are tired of seeing tourists.

just go to fucking bruges

Some spots there are 10/10
But Bavarians are cancer (second biggest cancer are the upper class people in big citys).
Bavaria itself is worth a visit, but don't say we didn't warn you about these mountain """people"""

Tegernseer, Augustiner

Na, welche Laus ist dir denn über die Leber gelaufen?

I recommend you Berlin. Eat a döner with me :)))

Northern Bavaria was very sweet for me. I was lost sometimes and people just came to help me and showed me cool beers.

>MY ASS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURTS

Oh come on. I also think it's 10/10 but you have to be blind to not think Lübeck is a kinda dirty city.
And this is what makes it so comfy for me.

Buy at grocery stores?

So don't bug the locals too much?

I keep hearing Germany has good doner.

I want comfy cities.

also don´t miss out the """French""" cities like Straßburg, Colmar etc. very comfy

>I keep hearing Germany has good doner.

Only the Berliner Döner is a good döner.

as good as something for 1-2€ can be....

Schnauze halten. Ihr seid zwar nicht die schlimmsten aber die arrogantesten in diesem Land und das wisst ihr auch.

You dirty bavarian, you can't get a döner for 1-2 euro anymore. Most good Döner shops want 3.50 euro for a Döner which is still a great price.

What did he mean by this?

Thats about what you pay for one here.

If I want real German food, what should I eat? doner is an import.

Pic related is Lübeck
Worth a visit

I have compiled a very extensive list of all the places in Europe worth my time. Maybe it will help you investigate some of the names pinned down there.

Schweinsbraten in a traditional bavarian restaurant

Also visit Kölner dome.
Very impressive.

This is very interesting.

I like this.

Thanks user

>doner is an import.
DON'T TRIGGER ME, CANADA-BRO.

The "german"/berliner Döner is in fact not imported. It is part of the Berlin cuisine. It was "invented" by a german-turk IN BERLIN.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab#Germany

There is no German food, only regional cuisines

I'm pretty sure he's talking about traditionl German cuisine.
The currywurst & sheeit :^)

Don't know what the dutchies say but Elburg in netherlands is pretty cool.
Very small city, almost village-like, and very comfy.

I'll share here a .docx document with all the names. The list is incomplete, since I'm still working on Italy. I have gone through this list now like 3 times trying to make it contain the best of the best for all tastes.

dropbox.com/s/r1gi99qzc6wt59h/NEW_City Collection.docx?dl=0

What have Germans been eating for hundreds of years?

What about Dutch food?

Raw herring, stroopwafels and stamppot

>What have Germans been eating for hundreds of years?

Potatoes and shieeeet

Really just get to a place, enter a joint and ask "what's the most Bavarian / German / Franconian / Dutch / ect. food you have? I want that."

I've been to Amsterdam, and it feels like a cozy little European town with great architecture compared to places like Oslo, which is a complete eyesore in comparison.

I will fly into Oslo.

any suggestions on places in Norway that aren't memes?

I think you would come to Norway for the landscape rather than the architecture. Norway is generally commie blocks, even though we enjoy a low crime rate across the country.

If you can stand the likely horrible weather, I think western Norway would be a more interesting place to visit. Ålesund is particularly nice (though it is indeed a meme on here), and you have all the dramatic landscape across western Norway that you come to expect from the pictures you see, which do not exist in eastern Norway.

I see you're not going to northern Norway, but I'd recomment Lofoten. If that's too memey, then go to Andǿya or some nearby island in that area.

AVOID MALMÖ AND SKÅNE IN GENERAL AT ALL COST

Thanks Nordbro

I'll be in Stockholm. Is it safe?

I will take the train trough malmo.

Stockholm is great unless you for some reason are retarded enough to go into a mudslim suburb 50km outside the city.

The inner city, old town etc are great. If you want to see suburbs just go to Lidingö or Djurgården.

If you want to see the stereotypical Norway go to Hordaland/Sogn og Fjordane.
Southern Norway can also be nice.
If you want to see immigrants and Generic Western City #43829, go to Oslo.
Oslo has next to no history/interesting buildings, for that you need to go to Kristiania or Bergen.

>Kristiania
Kristiansand*

>liking pastoral stuff
>missing out on Slovenia

yah, aboot that, eh?

Slovenia isn't an Eastern European wasteland?

far from it

What are you trying to prove?

Sell me.

very Austrian, very clean. please come, ok?