For non-Canadian Frenchies

For non-Canadian Frenchies

how do you perceive people from Quebec to sound? Do they sound like hicks? like english accents? or old timey? what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VEEsx6Plnhw
youtube.com/watch?v=OxBO5C329pY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's a good sample of Quebecois French:
youtube.com/watch?v=VEEsx6Plnhw

The have a very nasally accent. The best way to describe it is, its like a french accent but crude and low class

that's a pretty awful sample

youtube.com/watch?v=OxBO5C329pY
also

sounds like a russian

Is it true that quebecois found the french accent to be arrogant like how americans think of the british accent?

They just sound funny. Like they are pinching their nose. A bit hick yes. Even like the most lorrain or picard accent sounds less stupid than quebecois...

AFAIK, new worlders think "old worlders" such as French, Brits, Portuguese or Spaniards sound "gay", "effeminate" or stupid

Or maybe it's just french

Depends on the region where the accent is

French regions or regions from Spain/France/GB/Portugal etc...?

I can only speak for GB. So, like sommerset accents sound adorable and goofy but something like a Yorkie accent sounds trashy and ugly as fuck but at the same time when women speak it then it makes my dick diamonds. It all depends on the region 2bh. I like a lot of them, I dislike others but the UK has far more regional accents then we do so it's a big question. I imagine the same thing is for France, right? I just can't hear the differences because my French is pretty awful.

applies to french too imo

but yes if a french man were to threaten me i don't think i could take it seriously

You from Quebec? What are the best and worst French accents?

you're talking about france or just french in general?

there was this chef at my school and he had this neat accent from france, it sounded like a stereotypical medieval accent, i'm not sure which region he came from

i fucking hate the saguenay accent but that may be because some ugly chick in my school had it and she pissed me off

oh and i also appreciate the more obscure accents, like the one from louisiana

Oh neat, what part of Quebec are you from do accents very a lot or do you have a standard accent like western Canada seems too

It's a question of man, not a question of language IMO

i'm from the outaouais region, i think i sound pretty neutral by quebec standards

since i grew up in a rural area sometimes i speak really fast and people don't understand me

Obscure?

i bet a lot of people don't even know that the cajun sometimes speak french

hence why it seems obscure

I don't think lots of Cajuns use it everyday.

no, and that is unfortunate

they used to speak french in vermont too but it pretty much disappeared, i even saw some of them say that it didn't matter

Sad.

Many such cases!

so i assume quecbecois can easily understand the frenchies when they speak, but do the frenchies have a hard time understanding quecbecois?

the french are insanely easy to understand, the french mostly pretend to not understand us

those french bullies

I don't actually speak French, but I've studied it and can understand it.

Canadian French is pretty much what you expect; rural, sort of archaic, and hick-like. It's a country of sailors, farmers and fur trappers. The more educated and intelligent someone is, the more 'Metropolitan' their accent sounds.

A more rural and remote country will have a less refined and articulate accent.

Portugal's portuguese sounds archaic and overly formal.