Griffes

Why did the term griffe fall out of favor as a descriptor for black Americans?

It is unique and rolls of the tongue better than black American or African-American, terms that subtley misrepresent this unique ethnic group.

Other urls found in this thread:

static01.nyt.com/images/2014/12/24/health/24zimmer2/24zimmer2-master675.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I believe such terms do not apply to long generational mixes (Afr-Ams got their Northern European ancestry some time ago), only to "recent" ones; i.e., a black person with a Caucasian grandparent.

That's wrong
Stop being autistic, not all black Americans are Griffe especially in the South and inner city North.

No one speaks of blood quantum and after centuries of denying mixed race identities and actively subjugating based on blackness the avergae black person isn't going to deny that as their identity to suit your stupidity

It's splitting hairs at that point.

Griffe simply means black with a quarter euro admixture, or at least a discernible amount. Afro-Americans average between 20-30% admixture essentially making them an ethnic group of almost entirely griffes. Why were they described in with practical and applicable terminology in a supposedly more racist era?

Why are you so against a simpler more accurate term?

Because I know history you dumbass

> Be particularly careful to distinguish between blacks, mulattos, quadroons, and octoroons. The word "black" should be used to describe those persons who have three-fourths or more black blood; "mulatto," those persons who have from three-eighths to five-eighths black blood; "quadroon," those persons who have one-fourth black blood; and "octoroon," those persons who have one-eighth or any trace of black blood.

This is the 1890's census, stop trying to be closer to whiteness they never wanted you

They aren't though, that's the average but it's heavily regionalized

So you know more than geneticists. Link your studies.

It's not about being closer to whiteness it's about an accurate descriptor. I'm not white, but I'm also clearly not African. I think I might be on to something.

Black people will not identify with rapist blood because of your autism
My views are contextualized with research of genetics and records dumbass. You should feel bad about your conclusions
static01.nyt.com/images/2014/12/24/health/24zimmer2/24zimmer2-master675.jpg

Can you prove it was rape. A child inherits his father's blood just as much as his mothers.

Why cant they just be called Afrikans? Even the finnish americans are just Finns, and not Finno-Indians.

Because you are directly and fully from Finland. To call myself an African would be offensive to real Africans. I see myself as an American first and foremost and have nearly as much euro blood as African. Why don't you go around calling yourself a European-American.

If you feel where I'm coming from hashtag #griffe.

Not all native Africans are black.

This part of the problem with the current terminology it, undermines actual Africans. #griffe

I've never heard of this word.

Because it's not racist, awkward, or misleading, and it's simple. Thus it is suppressed.

In French it means "claw"

More specifically it is a fashion term meaning there is a brand on the product.
Sometimes you have high quality products sold much cheaper with the brand removed (like they remove the adidas logo and cut th price tag) it is then called "dégriffé".

>Quadroon
means black with a quarter euro admixture,

Quadroon means 3/4 white. All the other terms should just be absorbed into griffe.

Bump