How many people actually can use chopsticks

I am from an entirely anglo-saxon family. My parents made me learn how to use chopsticks at an early age though, so as to be able to travel and be spared the embarrassment of asking for a fork at restaurants.

It was only when I went to college that I realized that hardly anyone else knew how they were used. Maybe it was just a result of where I went, but I got the impression from people around me that this wasn't a common skill, which surprised me.

Anyway, this seems like the most related board to post this on. Is this really something that most white people can't do?

"skill"

I grew up in norcal and nevada and I would say MOST people can use them but I no brit fags can't use them at all

too bad for them as they are the most superior eating utensil

it's trained so if they are patient they can learn it
it's not racial so stop using "white people" as an excuse

I can't use them very well, but I can at least pick up dumplings at a Yum Cha

I was never taught how to use them. I learned on the job so to speak. It is not that hard really.

>they are the most superior eating utensil
No.

I've never used them don't count me

spork is the best

Good for noodles and thats it.

>only combining two utensils
wew lad

forgot pic

Literally the most retarded thing I've learned. I went to Asia, and they had forks everywhere. I didn't even have to ask.

Obviously, the tools less decent than forks and knives coming up with typical East Asian mind.
Ugly humanity always sticks to ugly ways of living with tenacity.

>inb4 gaijins start complaining totally have no clue about the difference of japonica and indica rice

kek nice

>only combining three utensils

getaloadofthispleb.jpg

>authentic lestaulants ah that way, tlust me!
>enjoy the fohks gaijin!

I learned how to use chopsticks in 5 minutes, is it really something that has to be taught?

takes practice to do it well

takes skill to use chopsticks to pick up peas

It's intuitive as heck, the only problem I have with them is that my hand hurts after using them because I almost never use them.

Peas? I had a bit of trouble with heavy things but peas were easy.

I can use chopsticks with right and left hands.

You are an ambidextrous person then

>2017
>""""""""""""""""""""people""""""""""""""""""""" still eat with fucking sticks

Spork a shit. The spoon is not functional enough, and the meme cutting saw on the side on the fork doesn't cut a thing. I just carry a proper spoon and a fork when hiking.

i find heavy things easy and peas to be hard :/

I find heavy things hard because the chopsticks slip if you apply too much pressure.

I don't see why people don't use chopsticks more often. It keeps your fingers clean while eating popcorn, salted nuts, and potato chips.

good, I've never been to Asia but f chopsticks

Chopsticks are way more spiritual. Mastering chopsticks opens your mind

>Is this really something that most white people can't do?
If they've never used then, I guess. Shouldn't take more than a few meals to get used to it.

I'm a master of chopsticks. My parents always took me to Asian restaurants and my dad could use them and I wanted to be like him, so I learnt. Pretty easy that.
I've met a lot of Asians who can't use them.

Forks are much better desu.

try this to impress your dad

I went to lunch with some GNU fans, and was sitting down to eat some tteokpaekki, when a waitress set down six chopsticks right in front of me. It occurred to me that perhaps these were meant for three people, but it was more amusing to imagine that I was supposed to use all six. I did not know any way to do that, so I realized that if I could come up with a way, it would be a hack. I started thinking. After a few seconds I had an idea.

First I used my left hand to put three chopsticks into my right hand. That was not so hard, though I had to figure out where to put them so that I could control them individually. Then I used my right hand to put the other three chopsticks into my left hand. That was hard, since I had to keep the three chopsticks already in my right hand from falling out. After a couple of tries I got it done.

Then I had to figure out how to use the six chopsticks. That was harder. I did not manage well with the left hand, but I succeeded in manipulating all three in the right hand. After a couple of minutes of practice and adjustment, I managed to pick up a piece of food using three sticks converging on it from three different directions, and put it in my mouth.

Half azn 2bh. I hold them in my own way though. The action is similar to the way scissor blades move.

He would wet himself.

I used chopsticks for the first time in my life when I was in asia a couple of weeks ago

I saw my cousin using them once when I was visiting and I joked if he is Chinese now. That is my full interaction with sticks.

I still don't understand how I'm supposed to use chopsticks to eat rice of all things. Rice mostly sticks together, yes, but you're always left with a plate full of small rice bits in the end.

I was chopsticks user champion in kindergarten
I can move 2 beans plate to plate per one second

only poor people don't know how to use them here

1. it is a utensil used by a significant part of the world, I would say it is essential for a civilized man to know how to use it in our modern globalized world
2. it takes literally a minute to learn it unless you have the motor skills of a retard

That's hardly an achievement.

chopsticks are more than an eating utensil, they are a manifest rejection of western imperialism in asia

I saw girls using it.
One at some kind of ramen soup and the other ate rice.
Had to check if I was awake.

These days most Aussies can use chopsticks твн

This is why I ordered a couple pair. Wood for around the house, steel for /out/. never eating tendies with my bare fingers again.

White guy here. I can use them better than either of my parents; dad can use them decently, mom couldn't pick up food with them if her life depended on it.

The university I went to had a significant number of Asian students. A Chinese student once observed me for a couple minutes while I was eating Chinese food on campus and complimented me on how well I use them. Got to brag to my friends about my Chinese-tier chopstick skills all day.

Literal babbies can use chopsticks these days.

this,

popcorn is easier to eat with a spoon though

Never used them.

>tfw asian
>tfw never learned how to properly hold chopsticks
I blame my mom. She never learned how to use chopsticks and as a child I followed her retarded ways.

I use them just fine but entirely self taught so I'm probably holding them wrong

>mom
proxy off yank

Why would i try to use sticks when i'm eating? What is the point of this "skill"?

What are you doing in a shithole country?

That lacist moment when as soon as you order in a gook pho shop they bring out the only whiteboy fork.
>Then I pick the quail egg up from the soup with the chinkstix

In big cities most people can use chopsticks. There's a shitload of chinese, vietnamese, japanese restaurants. I almost never see anyone use fork in a chinese restaurant.

It really only takes a while to learn. I once decided to try and after one visit to the local chinese restaurant, I could do it.

It's entirely possible that people are just retarded and incapable, but I think they're just lazy.

more like most urban places in many asian cunts also use forks

actually for some meals there are only non-chopstick utensils

>be spared the embarrassment of asking for a fork at restaurants.

Lol, you're not white. A real white man is imperialist. So we don't give a shit about others. We go the restaurants and we demand a fucking fork and we eat with pride while others watch our manly behabior

My little idiot sister use this shit. She watches Youtuber idiots and aspires. I prefer naked hands.

asians are retarded for developing pieces of thin wood for eating instead of actual utensils like the rest of the world

but to be fair its really easy to learn how to use them
that hurts worst goryeo

Tell me about your sweet little turkish chopstick sister

I can use them somewhat effectively, but I hardly ever do it because every Asian restaurant I've gone to has been sensible enough to bring regular utensils without being asked.