Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nu7vJjVt6N0
youtube.com/watch?v=iDUHZztZutc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Church_of_the_East
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

my parents are

No

No, but I have a strong desire to kill papists.

there are a lot of fedoras atheists here

No, but 80% of this country is.

No, but I am Christian, so we can be bros.

jkakjajkakjkja cheee """licenciado en relaciones itnernacionales"""" no vas a tener donde caerte muerto bobo ni contactos tenes jkjakjkjkajkjka

Catholics may laugh at this

don't judge your neighbor, son.
Plus nobody remember why Catholics and Protestants Separated.

No, we are muzzies and scientologists.

Yes

I'm Greek

And? Im happy for you, what else can i say.

I can't continue with this lie anymore, can't handle it,.... I ain't no greek

pardubicky

No

pagans go to hell, you know that?

I don't really care

based frog

no, but i want to purify nuns with magic wand

My parents are hardcore fedoras, so I'm not even baptized.

I honestly wish I were, I don't actually have any faith but I really like Catholic theology, philosophy, history, culture and liturgy. It'd be nice to be able to attend Mass every now and then. If nothing else, it'd be a nice exercise in meditation/prayer.

Of course, I could go through the process of conversion, but it'd be pretty hypocritical and dishonest considering I don't actually have faith. Furthermore, it simply wouldn't be worth it, considering how long it takes to fully convert. And to make matters worse, I don't have a single friend or family member who would be able to help out, and churches only have old people in them nowadays (except for immigrants), so I would be completely alone for the whole thing.

Also, I fucking love churches, especially Roman Catholic ones but other Christian churches as well. At this point, churches are more or less the only buildings in my God-forsaken city which don't make me feel completely nauseated.

Pic related is my local church. Nothing special, but I quite like it, especially during the summer.

You seems to be more interested by (religion) history than religion itself.
It's an interesting thing to study though.

Maybe your parents wanted you to choose if you want to be baptized? As an adult

>especially Roman Catholic ones
Yeah, me too. They're the best looking :^)

>my local church. Nothing special
The most important thing is that you feel good inside (the church huh) but it looks great anyway, especially with the snow.

Yes, weirdly enough. My parents are atheists though.

Religion is stupid.

hi, I'm the colombanon

Jesus love you, Colombanon. Even if you're not white.

>2017
>having imaginary friends up in the sky

Ha!

oh, thank you francanon. I like to know that jesus was not racist

how to reconcile the belief that the caltholic church was entrusted to the holy by god and the pope is literally holy while the vatican was corrupt for the first 1500_ years of its existence, the crusades, etc.

Not even trolling, I really have tried to be catholic but these things just are off-putting

>he loves maradrug

No, I grew out of fairy tales.

>jesus was not racist

It is just that you confuse the modern church with that of the middle ages.

Today (well, sionce the sixties) they even recognize evolution as a fact, for example... Things are changing.

is that pascal?

but fairy tales are cool

>>It is just that you confuse the modern church with that of the middle ages.

It is the same church though it certainly has changed for the better. What I am wondering is if it really was holy, why would it have been so corrupted in the first place?

>there are disgusting Anglicans and Protestants posting on Sup Forums right now!

I want heretics to leave!

You are all a disgrace to mankind.
Stop believing in religion right.fucking.now.

You're a disgrace to the Lord!
Stop lacking belief right. fudging. now!

Yeah, as a social phenomenon. I'm very into mysticism for example. I find it interesting as concept.
Actually believing in fairy tales isn't cool. It's maladptive, regressive, and possibly a sign of psychosis.

Baptized and did the First communion.
Got bored and stopped going to church.I just prefer staying asleep on sunday mornings.

Yes, I walk with a rosary my grandma gave it to me when I was a child everyday

what if I believe in God but I don't have a religion?

>if it really was holy, why would it have been so corrupted in the first place

Well, so why the world is corrupted, isn't it?
The church is not perfect , of course (look at the recent pedophilia affairs...).

I don't think it was corrupted at the begining tho, the first message is still pretty good to heard.

I were. I'm atheist currently i guess, thought about becoming protestant

i only go to church during lent,ash Wednesday,christmas and the holy week 2bh, and only confess once a year.

I was* wtf

>Well, so why the world is corrupted, isn't it?
because humans sin. Every human was not
'given the key' from Jesus to essentially be a proxy for God on earth, but the Pope and Catholic church were/are. How could something/someone that is essentially God's representative on earth do so many awful things?

You are condemned to wander in limbo.
Seriously, I don't think the universe/god cares until you're a good people.

That's called a deist user

>>>/taringa/

Because they aren't perfect! They're just humans.
They are supposed to guide us, be our guardians on the way, and shit. But some of them fail.

And sometimes the whole church goes through bad times.

I'm sure we can all be in connection with God directly though, withouth priest.

I think the same tbqh

thanks, I didn't know how it was called

I thought that the only non-atheist people left in France were muslims.

Are you real? Are you sure you are not a korrigan, elf, gnome or forest spirit?

Am. I am non-practicing but I'm at least faithful to the church.

>Tfw cant wait to hear the exulted at the Easter vigil

youtube.com/watch?v=nu7vJjVt6N0

God do i love the Holy week

>being a papal heretic

You guys literally complied the bible - you'd think you'd read it by now

The fact that protestants interpret an obviously constructed book as LITERAL WORDS FROM GOD is enough proof of retardation imo. Blame the ones that educated you but not the Church

It's more fun this way.

i am greek

yes

Not Catholic, but Christian.
Sup Forums is now a Christian board, deal with it.

Reject heretic thoughts user, join us and get a THICC gf at sunday mass
youtube.com/watch?v=iDUHZztZutc

Of course.

It's hard to understand why someone wouldn't want to be a catholic to be honest. Comfy as it gets

Your flags are fucking degenerate. I'll save them anyway.

I'm from the Church of the East, not some fake, modern, protestant church. I'd pick either Orthodox or Catholic if I were to choose another church.

Yas, La Santa Muerte is part of catholicism in Mexico even if they don't like her.

Can you tell me about your church of the east pls? Never heard of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_Church_of_the_East
: ^ )

That's syncretism, hence, pagan. Which is a good thing, because it keeps your ancient traditions alive, which is what we Catholics want. The Catholic Church has no problem with it and the Pope himself encouraged antiglobalism

>Pope himself encouraged antiglobalism
HAHAHAHA

Keep /his/ at /his/

>I have the attention span of a squirrel

Does lapsed Catholic count?

>lapsed
why, you converted to Judaism or something like that?

immigration does not mean globalism user.

Nah, just stop going to church.

baptized, first communion, but not confirmed. no idea where that places me on the scale.

You are a Catholic. Go to Church and ask about Confirmation.

>stop going to church
don't worry about 50% of people don't go to church anyway, except for special event.

ah ok
I'm just too lazy to go, nothing against God or other Catholics.

>the scale
there is no scale bru, it's just a matter of faith and shit.

being lazy is degenerate, user

Yeah...

I'm lazy too, lmao

>religion

No

Does Sup Forums celebrate a resurrection?

feel ya bruh

Raised Catholic sorta still am

>unironically believing in any religion

No. Because I don't believe Jesus was God. I neither believe he was a god, nor a prophet. He was an ordinary mortal lucky enough to come up with message which was appealing enough to contemporary people to be remembered.

This said I can sense divinity in the nature, so I guess some pagan denomination would suit me. I kinda admire Shinto, but I'm not a Japanese in the first place, I have noone around to teach me and I'm too lazy to go to google and read a book on that, lel.

Even though, all religions seem more or less larping to me. Still there is nothing wrong with that, because all religions actually are larping and every faith is a pipe dream; yet this stuff somehow helps people in their everyday life. So let Catholics live and run their Church, as long as they don't try to convert me.

catholics are false christians

yeah

Yes