What's wrong with our showers? I know it's a meme, but nobody really dies, for real

what's wrong with our showers? I know it's a meme, but nobody really dies, for real.

Other urls found in this thread:

holyshitthatsinteresting.blogspot.com/2013/07/holy-shit-guadalajara-explosions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptn5sOlx6GA&t=2m5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like a clean cabling installation mate

In Brazil electricity is non-lethal.

is it for jews only?

What the actual fuck.

That one in the picture is fucked up though, I've never seen one that badly installed.

Mine is gas-heated though so whatever

>30A 600V

Well, at least if something go wrong you death would be instant and painless.

kek

Jeez..
That looks lethal.
Thank the gods for our endless hot water here in Scandinavia.
>pic related, my shower.

everything seems to be properly wired

wouldshower/10

The brazilian has adapted his body to live in hazardous situations, such modifications include and are not limited to partial immunity to electrical currents and a double layered skull to withstand headshots.

jesus christ

I didn't realize Brazil was THIS third world

I get eletrocuted everytime I touch the shower tap. Its funny.

now you know the origin of Blanka

its nothing

Favela: Middle class: Upper middle class: (rich people don't shower, they take baths)

Don't tell that's to heat the water.

Fine, I won't.

:^)

it isn't nothing
it means his "ground cable" is missing or misplaced

i study at electrotechnic school and nothing can happen to you here unless you somehow manage to levitate while touching voltage

its ok

Jesus fucking christ. How does something like that even become a thing?

Interesting.
So what happens if I jump and, while middair, touch the voltage?

Too bad you have to mop the floor every single time you shower because you don't use pic related, which is a bit retarded.

Nah, this is favela

I'm no electrician but I would never shower in one of these, I don't want to die and people making fun of me for being retarded

wake up sheeple

well first there's a guy doing a patent, then there's fabrication and quality testing....

you will die instantly

It's what poor Brazilians can afford.
It's either that or not showering.
Fun fact: Brazilians shower twice as many times as the average West Europeans

inb4 "brb testing"

I take bath wearing flip flops, is this a problem?

is gas heating not a thing in Brazil? this is seriously retarded

What do you think shower curtains are for numbnut

>It's what poor Brazilians can afford.

Can't you afford duct tape to at least try to hide the cables like this? FFS

Why not a hot water system that heats up the water with electricity that isn't wiring going directly into the shower head? Seems so odd, surely there must be a reason why such a build is popular compared to things like hot water systems and heated pipes.
Curious, is all.

>shower curtains
we ghetto now

Yes, but it's mostly used for kitchen appliances like ovens.

Many new houses/apartaments have gas heating. I dont have it in my house because my dad think that its dangerous.

Kek, because surely the electric shower head is so much safer. What a strange thread, fucking culture shock. zap

>Why not a hot water system that heats up the water with electricity that isn't wiring going directly into the shower head?
i think it's because is more expensive
but never checked the price, so i dunno for sure

Wait, what the fuck? Don't you have hot water in Brazil or what?

yes, when it comes to latin american gas pipes i definitely prefer electricity
holyshitthatsinteresting.blogspot.com/2013/07/holy-shit-guadalajara-explosions.html

>Can't you afford duct tape to at least try to hide the cables like this?
I don't see how that's hiding the cables, I still see them. And there's also a risk for fires. Most fires in favelas are thanks to mismanaging of cables for example.
To be honest I don't know because I don't live in a favela and my showering isn't like that at all. So whatever I say is guessing. Most construction workers who make these kinds of installations are very poor and not educated, so they just do whatever they can for the cheapest possible price with the education they have avaiable. The result is a bad quality job. It also could be a bit of a culture thing, most Brazilians do their jobs only because they have to and don't put much effort into it, like a kid who does their homework in whatever way just so they can show to the teacher

Mix fire with gas is pretty dangerous too.

Gas is way more expensive than electricity.

no since there is water and water leads electricity, there needs to be way for the current to exit your body, thats why birds can sit on electrical cables, they are used as another conductor but if electricity has no way out you get ZAPPED

Water still spills to the outside

Shower? Kek I take baths every night.

In my country both are dirt cheap. It always amazes me when I see that electricity in the West costs like 7-10 times more than in Russia.

This is retarded. If you don't have gas connection just ust use electric flow heater, like normal people do. You don't have to put any loose wires in your shower.

>In my country both are dirt cheap
good for you
here electricity is lots cheaper

ah i used that but the hot water would end fast. i went back to showerheads

very gay

Electricity in Brazil is relatively cheap, most of our electricity comes from water dams, and there's plenty of rivers with strong watercrashes in Brazil.
Most of our gas is imported from Bolivia, that makes it expensive.
Russia has practically unlimited gas which exports to Europe.

I don't understand.

We have something like this, is it dangerous?

And then for water heaters we have this

>very gay
Kek, insecure much?

or this, shape varies.

yeah that's the one i had
it's just not very effective

Hes right. Youre incredibly gay.

>gas showers

it fucking sucks my old apartment had one and it died eveytime, electricity is far faster

>electric showers
Third world at its best

I'm brazilian and I've never saw such a fucked up shower, even though mine is pretty damn cheap.

We have electric showers as well, only the hot water system is usually outside, on the side of the house and the hot water is heated and piped in instead of it being heated right at the shower head, which seems insanely dangerous.

Ok. Come over here and I'll fuck you cowboy.

>unisolated shower connected to quicktest-esque device

R O F L
O
F
L

You mean that brand or that type?

We have those pretty much in every house here and they work perfectly. Thing is that if you "use" all the hot water the next person needs to wait at least 20 minutes for it to have hot water again.

That looks very nice. Also sensible.

Is this type of shower very common in Spain?

we call 'em bojler. They're effective enough, if they're big. We have a 120 liter one. It's a shame they run out of hot water so fast.

I kinda wish we had unlimited hot water, but then our water bill would be in the millions cause I'd never leave the shower.

Oh I just understood what the difference is, I didn't know the water was heated right there in the shower itself.

I thought the problem was with electricity because like I said we use electricity too

Do you chimps not know that you can buy electric water heaters?

Well, we can produce a shit ton of eletricity bc we have a favorable hydrographic net and decent terrain to drain electricity out of the water.
Gas, on the other hand, isn't that viable because we don't have great gas reserves, and exporting it from other countries, I.E Bolivia, is too expensive, even when our economic situation was decent.
So yeah, it might be 3rd world-ish, but it's still our best option.

As far as I am concerned, most of these showers have some sort of lesser protection system, that will cease the electricity outcome to the heater if the shower head goes kaput.
You'll probably have to switch it so the shower starts putting out hot water again, either that or you get to buy another one.

This costs 400 bucks. You have no excuse.

>400 bucks
>in a favela

holy shit you're fucking delusional

So do you simply don't have water heaters in BR? What about water coming out of your kitchen/bathroom sinks? Or your radiators?

Only poor people in brazil have that françois.

And as far as I know radiators are rarely a thing around these parts, I could be wrong but other than apartment buildings I don't remember seeing one.

the type
the brand was James
>if you "use" all the hot water the next person needs to wait at least 20 minutes for it to have hot water again.
yeah that's the bothersome when you're living with more than ....yourself

>We have a 120 liter one
ah that could explain it, mine was 40 liter only
>unlimited hot water
well that's precisely what the electric shower causes, the water is heated as it goes by the head (or box in the case of pic ) so the only inconvenient is your electricity bill rising because you love being in the hot water for hours

>400 bucks
jesus christ think of the children being hungry in Africa mang

They're more expensive down here due to the same reason.

That floor looks dangerous, suicidal.

>Only poor people in brazil have that françois.

Yeah, too bad 90% of Brazil is poor.

>unlimited hot water
>well that's precisely what the electric shower causes
Shiiieeet. Don't tempt me. Now I want to buy one of those things, and I kinda wished to see me turning 30 at least

all right, I'll bite, but I have a couple of questions first

what are the chances of being electrocuted by one of these things?
how many people die each year in Brazil/Latin America from suicide showers?
what do they cost?
how easy it is to install them (provided we want to do it properly and not like favela people with wires sticking out and marinated in water)?
how hot can the water get in them?
are you entirely certain this wasn't invented by a former nazi who fled to latin america after WW2? I know a nazi doctor created a whole village full of twins there, so this question is weirdly not out of the realm of possibilities
where can I buy one on the off chance I'm feeling suicidal, or my love for endless hot showers overcomes my fear of death?

it reeks of poverty and third world.

>what are the chances of being electrocuted by one of these things?
mid-low
depends on how poorly the connection was made (for example some favelados forget there's a ground cable to be correctly installed)
>how many people die each year in Brazil/Latin America from suicide showers?
>each year
uh... one or zero
it's really not common. mind you though we all shower with flip-flops on
>what do they cost?
uh... between 15 and 20 euro according to this online converter
>how easy it is to install them?
quite easy if you know plumbing. there's only 3 wires, one for feed one for ground and the other for the interruptor. the thing is placing on the water feed correctly otherwise you get cold water splashing at same time of the hot water
there's also a risk of burning the showerhead if you install it wrong (which is more probable to being electrocuted)
>how hot can the water get in them?
that's the cool (and catchy). you control how hot water gets depending on the volume of water
hotter: open less the tap
colder: open it more so more water flows
i guess this is not good for your cold winters, because it's easier for us to stand "warm" (kinda 20°C) water with our enviroment temperatures
>are you entirely certain this wasn't invented by a former nazi who fled to latin america after WW2?
ahahahah... no i'm not certain
>where can I buy one?
that i have no idea, google online appliances shops and if they send it to Hungary

>Middle class
lmao

What the fuck is this? Holocaust 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Yall gay. We live our lives to the limit. Each day we have a very high probability of dying, and without leaving our house. If this isn't the way you heat the water then you might rethink life.

shower curtain
>is stickier than glue
>water drizzles everywhere
>you look like joke

I at least shower with dignity

>ch people don't shower, they take baths)
mfw low class scum and i bath

a gas shower? hmmmm

Everyone is installing these here, but its one unit for the whole house

Much nicer than a traditional heater

only poor people have those desu memes aside

>what are the chances of being electrocuted by one of these things?
>mid-low
>how many people die each year
>uh... one or zero
I'm detecting conflicting information here. So you have a chance of being electrocuted but not to die? That doesn't make sense
>uh... between 15 and 20 euro according to this online converter
That's pretty cheap, I might buy one just to try it out
>i guess this is not good for your cold winters, because it's easier for us to stand "warm" (kinda 20°C) water with our enviroment temperatures
Well technically it's cold outside, but in our homes it's always 20 degrees celsius.
Still, you're kinda correct, when it's winter you often wake up under 2 blankets still cold - even though the temperature hasn't changed during the night. The first thing I usually do is head to the bathroom and take a hot shower and gradually warm up with it, until my core temperatures reach normal levels. Otherwise I feel like a zombie for an hour. It's a rather odd, lizardlike behavior like basking in the sun. I'm not an alien I swear.
Anyway what's the hottest these showers can get btw? 40c? 50? more?
>quite easy if you know plumbing. there's only 3 wires, one for feed one for ground and the other for the interruptor. the thing is placing on the water feed correctly otherwise you get cold water splashing at same time of the hot water
>there's also a risk of burning the showerhead if you install it wrong (which is more probable to being electrocuted)
You're an electrician? You seem very well versed in this

electrocution does not mean death

electrocuting is the best

>Anyway what's the hottest these showers can get btw? 40c? 50?
somewhere around this. i'm not sure but it's hot enough to burn me in first degree once. yowza
>You're an electrician?
nah never worked as one, but i learned how to do it just in case
>So you have a chance of being electrocuted but not to die?
yeah this guy here felt the shock and lived
what kills is the amperage
youtube.com/watch?v=Ptn5sOlx6GA&t=2m5s

>what kills is the amperage
Don't 90% of every circuit meant to heat, as in having a resistance draw a lot of amperage? Sure we have high voltage so the amps are fairly low compared to say 110v countries, but still.

>what kills is the amperage
Not fully true, the voltage must be sufficient to deliver the lethal current into your body. Otherwise, you would be dead from an AA battery

yeah yeah this too

yes, high enough to kill.... if someone touched the resistance directly for some time, allowing the current to flow from showerhead to body to earth
considering that some showers are placed lower in height than the average whitey (once i was at this hotel and the showerhead was at 1.75 m kek) then they're reasonably afraid i suppose. but as long as the "ground" cable is properly placed all the bulk of the discharge will go to earth and not hurt the people

>hurr muh poor

Stop stating facts out of your ass, eletric showers here are common because electricity is cheaper and installation is simpler than gas showers.