Tell me about central America

Tell me about central America
Why is it not a part of Mexico?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Mexican_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because Mexico failed to them as a big brother and now they hate us

basically mexico was to central america what the US was to mexico, and still to this day you'll find that most latinos don't like mexicans because of a perceived superiority complex

Guatemala is still our little brother! Honduras and El Salvador should die though.

:333

sorry for giving you syphilis

going to costa rica in 2 weeks

cannot wait

Belize will never be a part of Guatemala.

all of spanish america should just be one big country really

>all of spanish america

Correction, there shouldn't be a spanish america

It's ok, we fine

>mexico was to central america what the US was to mexico
When did we invade Central America three different times?When did we help foreign superpowers invade Central America? When did we make our illegal immigrants start a war there only to steal half of their country? When did we profit from their dictators? When did we try to install a dictator there? When did we turned them into slave labour? When did we create stereotypes about them in our media? Fuck off.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?
There have been armed conflicts between Guatemala and Mexico, Mexico taking a huge chunk of land from Guatemala just like the US did to Mexico.

Immigrants from central and south america are treated like garbage in Mexico, sometimes thrown in jail indefinitely.

I never implied the exact same events took place, you taking it that way is just moronic, but it was a case of bullying, the US is an ass to Mexico and in turn Mexico is an ass to Guatemala.

>wanting Mexico to control a former british colony
Belize is a good place, why subject it to such torture?

>There have been armed conflicts between Guatemala and Mexico, Mexico taking a huge chunk of land from Guatemala just like the US did to Mexico.

No, there haven't. Guatemala actually invaded us and our army never attacked them. There was never a war, and the places we "took", voted to stay. People who had been living there for hundreds of years, not illegal immigrants like the ones in Texas. Shut the fuck up, ignorant twat.

>mainly influenced by Caribbean culture
>sex tourism destination because they speak english
>good place
kek

all these shitholes are rightfull spanish clay. come back give me your gold motherfuckers

Should've made a commonwealth, dumbasses.

why do spanish people hate latinos anyway?
that's like saying dr frankenstein hates his creation

>stricter immigration policies than the us
>the arizona immigration law was modeled after the mexican one
nah, you guys are pretty awful

Because when México "invited" the different countries to join their "Empire" only Guatemala accepted and only a handful of cities in the rest of the countries accepted (Costa Rica didn't know what was happening). Because of this, the Mexican army invaded Guatemala and then El Salvador, arguing that Guatemala had control over all the territory and therefore everybody joined and those who didn't want to were rebels.

The problem was that, when they invaded, revolts started all over what I will call "mainland" México. They had to options, remain in El Salvador and win El Salvador or go back to México to kill Mexicans and "save" the Empire, they went back to México. The "First Mexican Empire" collapsed, the annexation of Central America literally never happened, and that was it.

In the case of Costa Rica, we were so isolated from everything north of us that the "invitation" to join the Mexican Empire arrived here three months after the collapse of said Empire and more than two years after it was sent. We had a little civil war over nothing, the "no" side won, and we send our response to México, which arrived after they killed Iturbide.

Fun times

But it was ;^)

the one trying to do that was Iturbide, a tight ass spanish descendant who by the way first fought against the independence of Mexico, then when he saw the new liberal Spain, he allied with Guerrero just to backstab him and create his stupid "first mexican empire" and crowned himself emperor; a dumbass that was taken down by mexicans and then Mexico took back that army and granted all them the independence they wanted

What people don't generally know is that American countries had their own empires after the end of European rule. Brazil also had empire. And Mexico had even second empire after the first fell.

You fucked up man... You could have colonized USA and make cuck all the Jonhs there. Now Trump is deporting your asses in ever increasing speed.

You only had to listen to him. It's too late now. You have doomed us all.

>"Ow-motherfucker, why did I land on a cactus of all things"

GUATEMALA STRONK
I hate my neighbors
I love only russia, peru and poland
Mexicans and salvadorans talk weird and hondurans are all street gangsters

>includes British and New Granada's territories
>includes free Amerindian territory
>modern southern border of CR

What a gay map

Nobody gives a shit about Central Americans in Mexico, and the only reason our police does, is because of YOU. You asked us to do it. Ignorant cunts really get on my nerves.

Up to 90% of the Americans living in Mexico are illegal, and again, nobody gives a shit about them, nor is anyone after them despite our "stricter immigration policies than the us". The same applies to the Hatians that you don't want to have, and we currently just gave permits to Cubans in order to help them stay and work, since you also no longer want them. Talk everything you want about what is written in paper, but reality is a much different thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Mexican_Empire

Fin times

All of Latin America should have been conquered by the Portuguese really.

The map is still wrong, no matter its from wikipedia, you assburger.

I wish we could annex guatemala and costa rica, nuke the rest and start from scratch :3

in 1810 all maps of the new world were wrong, also have you never heard of "claimed land"

having Guatemala join Mexico would actually make sense but how would costa rica evn work there would be hundreds of miles apart from mexico

Nah leave qt Costa Rica alone.

>The "First Mexican Empire" collapsed
it collapsed because the unpopular emperor dissolved the national congress and he was overthrown

The thing is that it includes territory both the Mexican Empire and those countries recognized as part of Nueva Granada, and excludes the north of Panamá, then part of Costa Rica, which should be "claimed land".

They literally just took a map with modern borders and colourized it.

nah, Mexico couldn't be remotely "stable" until late Benito Juarez' presidency, and then Porfirio Diaz came and fucked things over to make us unstable for atleast 50 years more; desu without Murica's savagery and a little help from the internal European chimpouts we all would have remain as european colonies untli the late 20th century which would cause us to be subsaharian-tier "countries"

>They literally just took a map with modern borders and colourized it.

>that's like saying dr frankenstein hates his creation

Read the book mate? He sure as fuck does

>posting a map of the time which proves my point

You can clearly see Belice and the Miskito coast as separate and Bocas del Toro as part of Costa Rica.

>Now Trump is deporting your asses in ever increasing speed.
people say this, but it would be almost impossible to match Obama's deportation numbers

Yeah being a dependency is really fucking shit and ruins your country

>Be Costa Rica

>Be so geographically isolated after Spanish independence no one bothers to send anyone up there to impose authority

>Literally shrugged and agreed to join the Mexican Empire and the Federal Republic of Central America until both fell apart.

I mean your country wouldn't become remotely relevant until coffee production began and it was only then modern roads and railroads enhanced the country's connection to global markets. The same for the rest of Central America really, except with bananas as well.

It's less than 800 miles away, there is more distance between my state Sonora and mexico city

Let me give you an idea on how fucked communication was back in the 19th century. Mind you, there are no navigable rivers running down to Costa Rica. To send a massage between Guatemala City and Alajuela/Cartago/San Jose Costa Rica took typically an entire month!

So imagine the distance between Mexico City and Guatemala City.

talk about pointless, kek.

i was pointing out how you said
>They literally just took a map with modern borders and colourized it.
those borders were like that for hundreds of years

also
>it includes territory both the Mexican Empire and those countries recognized as part of Nueva Granada
that's how cliamed land works
the U.S. and the British both claimed the American southwest and drew them as a part of their nation even though it was actually full of a bunch of indians

Mexico's borders extended all the way to utah, and Colombia's extended deep into the Amazon. that how claimed land works
you "CLAIM" it, but dont actually own or control it.

That is pathetic0

>Literally shrugged and agreed to join the Mexican Empire

Like I said, we had a useless civil war months after the collapse of the Empire and the "no" won.

>and the Federal Republic of Central America until both fell apart

While they included us without asking, the "invitation" was studied and we decided to join because of different reasons (besides the "join to the FRCA" option won over the "join New Granada" by 2 votes).

- Nicoya joined the country, something Nicaragua didn't accept, joining the FRCA was a way of making them recognize said union. Not joining the FRCA could mean Nicaragua now as part of the FRCA invading us to recover what they claimed as theirs.

- There was no way for the FRCA to impose their will over us, we were going to be literally independent while being part of their union on name.

- If we joined New Granada they could easily come here and fuck us. BUT, if we were part of the FRCA they would probably think it first and we would have rest of CA to back us up.

We leaved the FRCA because Nicaragua invaded in 1836 to "recover" Nicoya and when Nueva Granda invaded us in 1838 and nobody gave a shit, so literally, the purpose the union had for us died.

>I mean your country wouldn't become remotely relevant until coffee production began and it was only then modern roads and railroads enhanced the country's connection to global markets

So?

>there is more distance between my state Sonora and mexico city
and in the early 1800's many people in Sonora didn't give a shit what people in Mexico city said or did.

>So imagine the distance between Mexico City and Guatemala City.
it's almost the same distance San Antonio is to Mexico City and the Mexican government was able to reach it fairly easy

I swear you're as triggered by your neighbors as a Serbian

He is talking about now, not about 1800 tho.

I don't see how anything of what I said can be interpreted as someone being "triggered", that was literally the situation we had at the time.

- Join Nueva Granada and be absorbed in to IT and disappear as Costa Ricans
- Join the FRCA which doesnt have the resources to even come here and remain "independent" inside that union
- Remain "independent" and be gangbanged by Nueva Granada and the FRCA

Nicaragua and Nueva Granada eventually invaded killing the reason why we were part of the FRCA, its very simple.

Oh please no we already have enough indians

you're writing fucking paragraphs dude, calm the fuck down

>le everypost should be shitposting and a few words meme

Whats next? The only one reply by IP/poster meme?

it still wouldn't work, there would be 3 different countries between them. boat and airplane would be the least cumbersome ways of getting there

every time there's a central america thread and mexico is mentioned you go on rants and always post the same shit.

Be patient with him. I have hear some Americans have small attention spams and can't read too much.

what is Hawaii, what is Alaska?

>what is Hawaii
a Japanese colony?

>what is Alaska
occupied Canada

>Belize is a good place
If all the world descent straight to hell level, and Belize stays as of today, yeah it is a good place.

>Being informative = going on rants
Are you 12?
Asking for a friend.

>the Mexican army invaded Guatemala and then El Salvador
We did?

And Guatemala did indeed supposedly had control over all the territory, all of it was the Captaincy General of Guatemala after all. And I don't know why you are even pretending we were imperialistic when, after all the Iturbide shit, we let everyone vote on what to do next, and not only did we let everyone decide what to do without a fight, but we recognized your independence that same year. Decades before Spain recognized both of us.

This, I don't get it either.

now you're just picking on me

you always post this shit every fucking time

it's not even informative if you keep posting it over and over and over, it's shitposting.

>You could have colonized USA and make cuck all the Jonhs there.
They couldn't even colonize Texas which is why they brought in Americans. We had to deal with the Comanche and Apache for them.

Its seems you are the triggered one, senpaitaichi.

>all of it was the Captaincy General of Guatemala after all

That literally died in 1801 when the territory was reorganized to avoid insurrections and what not.

>And I don't know why you are even pretending we were imperialistic
>Mexican E M P I R E

Duuuuuude, also, there is nothing wrong with that, its shit that happened almost 200 years ago, its basically trivia right now. But yes, the "invitation" to join was basically a formality, if they said no México was going to invade. There is nothing wrong with that, it happens.

Countries invade countries, nations absorb nations, thats how thinks work, there is no shame. México was imperialistic back then, so what?

Its the same thread over and over and over again, welcome to Sup Forums, fuccboi.

it's true though, Hawaii and Alaska really shouldn't be considered states. they were only made states because people wanted an even 50

tl;dr

>We had to deal with the Comanche and Apache for them.
actually Mexico was able to beat the Apache on it's own and iir the Comanche weren't completely defeated until the 1920s

Maybe don't fire in American forts next time

>if they said no México was going to invade.
Except we didn't? Not even after we let you decide, or even after Guatemala occupied for decades with their army the land that chose to stay? I'm not saying it is good or bad, I am saying it just didn't happen.

Lel. Trump has them so scared that Mexicans flee whenever a black suburban drives down the street

ok

>Except we didn't?

"Después de la independencia, surgió la idea de anexarse al Primer Imperio Mexicano de Agustín de Iturbide, decisión que se consultó con los ayuntamientos. Recibidos los votos mayoritarios de los ayuntamientos, el gobierno de Guatemala proclamó la anexión de Centroamérica a México. Esta decisión fue adversada de modo rotundo por El Salvador, y tampoco contó con algunas poblaciones de Honduras, Nicaragua y Costa Rica; sin embargo, un ejército mexicano bajo el mando del General Vicente Filisola ocupó la Ciudad de Guatemala y después invadió y ocupó El Salvador, a pesar de que los salvadoreños proclamaron su unión a los Estados Unidos de América."

Seriously. When ice does raids now they all have on black tactical uniforms and they send in 15 cars to clear out coffee shops and apartment buildings of Mexicans

>they all have on black tactical uniforms and they send in 15 cars to clear out coffee shops and apartment buildings of Mexicans
ok, they've always done that. since like Bush's first term

The only time we genuinely wanted to annex land by force was with Cuba, because the Mexican government was afraid of being held captive of the Gulf of Mexico by future attempts of conquest by Spain (which indeed happen). And we utterly failed, of course.

>Captaincy General of Guatemala
>1609–1821
>it ended in 1821 with the signing of the Act of Independence of Central America, after which the regional elite supported the Plan of Iguala and joined the First Mexican Empire.

>the regional elite supported the Plan of Iguala and joined the First Mexican Empire.

The army was there because the elite decided it wanted to stay. And El Salvador was under the rule of that elite. When that elite decided it didn't want to be part of the Republic after Iturbide fall, it left. I don't see how that qualifies as an invasion.

No before they would only wear blue jeans with an ice shirt on.

t. Called immigration on factories I've done work at

We have no army , more money and free stuff
(the government sodomizes us as much as Mexico's does though, so there's that).
Also, the regular Costa Rican probably wouldn't be okay with occupying the same space as Nicaragua.

>hating us so much you tattle
kek

>these shitholes are spanish clay
>we don't want to be associated with these shitholes
Pick one pablo

More like helping you. You don't want to be locked in a factory and forced to work 3 shifts while only getting paid for one do you?

Better pay than back home

Is it? Especially when you have to factor in the cost of living.

>You don't want to be locked in a factory and forced to work 3 shifts while only getting paid for one do you?
they wouldn't be doing it if they didn't want to, shit and then Americans call Mexicans lazy

Historically, because the governments after Independence were kind of fuck-ups and communications between our lands was poor. Nowadays, the cultural differences and national identities are too different.
Be welcome, dutchie bro!

They are slaves they don't have a choice when they lock the doors from the outside

the minimum wage in mexico is $3.90 USD

they don't have a choice because they have to provide for their families.

PLEASE BE IN ALAJUELA

>Is it?
Yes. Maybe some of us could get better jobs if we could learn fucking English

In what aspect m8?

why would you do that to him

Actually, when I think about it, we are the only ones beside Liberia with an international airport, so he WILL be here.

>success breeds jealously

>16th century to 1821, all of Central America, formed the Captaincy General of Guatemala
>In 1821 a congress in Central America composed the act of Independence to declare the region's independence from Spain
>The process was bloodless with no resistance from the Spanish authorities
>the Governor of Central America, Gabino Gaínza and all the royal governors of the five provinces retained office
>local law-and-order broke down
>many localities refused to accept the newly formed federal powers in Guatemala
>The anarchy prompted the land-owning wealthy and conservative class to advocate union with Mexico.
>Agustín Iturbide, sent a letter to Gabino Gaínza (the president of Central America) and to the delegates of all five provinces
>the government of all provinces, except for El Salvador (under the rule of Gabino who voted yes, and only 1 out of 5 provinces, i.e. the minority) voted for annexation
>A few weeks later the envoy of Iturbide arrived in Guatemala as the new ruler
>Costa Rica is so isolated that news of all of it came really late
>Costa Rica started its own mini-civil war to see if they stayed or not
>After Iturbide abdicated (1823), Mexico became a republic and offered to the Central American provinces the right to vote whether to stay or not
>You guys voted
>Chiapas stayed, everyone else left
>Mexico said, ok cool guys, we recognize your independence
>there was never a fight
>Costa Rica was still in their civil war because you didn't get the news of anything
>the ones who wanted to leave won

>Guatemala wanted Chiapas back despite the fact that they voted to stay and we respected all of your choices without a fight
>Guatemala sent their army into Chiapas and occupied Mexican land for decades
>The Mexican amry was ordered NOT to attack as to avoid war
>At the end Guatemalan forces left (again, without a fight) and Soconusco also became part of Mexico

>MEXICO INVADED CENTRAL AMERICA GUYS!!!!!1!!!1
>BUT WE NEVER WANTED TO DURR

>Alajuela
>Success

Enjoy your disgusting heat/humidity faggot

How do Costa Ricans tend to feel about tourists?