Have you guys ever thought humanity is the first race to evolve this far...

Have you guys ever thought humanity is the first race to evolve this far? What if there are no other intelligent races yet? We always see movies where aliens discover humans but what if we are the first? I know that its very unlikely but who knows? Basically alien/space thread!

someone has to be the first. i'm not sure where you want this thread to go. it's been a while since i read any sci-fi or anything else on the topic but as far as i remember there's not much of a chance of communicating with some other species unless we invent some warp gate/warp travel shit. And... i mean i don't see that shit coming yet for a while, naamsayin?

But humans are already capable of thos, what makes you think the possibility is so far off.

>capable of thos

wut? capable of what?

I dont know it just something I think we never think about. We always expect another race to do the hard work and find us. Just imagine the excitement of finding life on our own and bringing them into the fold.

or enslaving them and experimenting with them

well one is interesting and one is not.
aliens could land today.

we won't go out past our own solar system for millennia to come.

Whats the point? After a few we could tell their dna is nothing like ours so wouldent it be useless? If we advanced their society would they not just give us their information as they shifted their society?

shit wont stop to drop out of your ass for a lifetime to come

>whats the point in enslaving and experiencing

>whats the point in living

We enslaved the jews and now they plot behind the scenes to kill us. We enslaved the blacks and they now depend on us for everything, and shoot themselves and us. If we try slavery again we can not let them free. No pussying out.

What if we live in technological dark ages and humanity took already 30.000+ years ago to the stars? Look at how far we came in just the last 1.000 years. It seems rather strange that there was supposedly nowhere equal progress before despite humans being virtually identical for 100.000 years. The aliens of tommorow might be the genetically engineered humans of the past.

thats different

Warhammer 40k great crusade in a nutshell

Everyone has their own opinion, but I think we are the only ones. There are no other races from other planets. Hopefully I am wrong.

It's a valid thought OP. It's been explored in handful of novels. (Diaspora by Greg Egan comes to mind).

We could very well be the most advanced species in the universe.

>Have you guys ever thought humanity is the first race to evolve this far?
The universe is so big, this almost can't be true.
Then again, the universe is so big we'll never interact with most of it.
You should really be asking if we're the first in this part of the galaxy.
And while it's hard to say, I saw somewhere that Earth supposedly formed earlier than 92% of the other potentially habitable planets in the galaxy.

Ill look it up!

I know its almost impossible but its like a what if question. Someone has to be first.

>wut? capable of what?
Cheesey boobs.

And no, FTL in general is probably just not possible.
Unless we're really, really wrong about how the universe works, then ANY form of FTL (wormholes, warp drive, magic, etc) would violate causality.

the closest we will get to communicating with alien races are (on the off chance that it happens) the human colonizers of other worlds.

>not much of a chance of communicating with some other species
>closest we will get to communicating with alien races are (on the off chance that it happens) the human colonizers of other world
We _might_ have neighbors a dozen light years away.
Not exactly a phone call, but we could send each other books, movies, etc.

>I know its almost impossible but its like a what if question. Someone has to be first.
If we're the first in this part of the galaxy, it's effectively the same as being the first in general.