So user is currently in the process of getting a job with a reputable defense contractor...

So user is currently in the process of getting a job with a reputable defense contractor. This will be one of the best jobs user will attempt to land thus far. For this job, user needs to pass a secret security clearance, SF-86 to be exact. Now this is no problem, as user has an immaculate record. Except for past drug use. Now user has already filled an SF-86 out in the beginning stages of application process, but user was a little to honest on it and admitted to experimenting with several drugs both legally and illegally (they say you must be COMPLETELY honest about everything no matter how embarassing), however user received another email asking him to fill out another security clearance form, user called number of entity asking to fill this out and asked what happened to previous form user has filled out, kind lady tells user that there isn't one on record in the government database. Now my question is, is this a chance for user to redeem himself and just say no to drug use on this security form? Or is this a tactic by the government to sniff out a liar? Keep in mind that there is NO record of drug use, never been convicted of anything. user is afraid, what should user do Sup Forums?
>inb4 junkie
Keep your criticisms to yourself, user has enough shit to deal with. user no longer uses drugs. Advice is appreciated.

Do you know if they're going to lie-detector you?

bump

no, no lie detector, this is a secret security clearance, not a TOP secret security clearance. I doubt they will use lie detector for this level of clearance.

this, some clearances don't have a polygraph. I think that anything at top secret or above does require though

Also I think that they interview people you know and past landlords and shit, so be ready for those fuckers to corroborate shit you say

I'd tell the truth, if it's a test, you'll pass. Besides, numerous presidents have done drugs, so you should be fine.

I have never lived anywhere else, they want three references, my references would be my friends and they know not to burn me out.
So just tell them about my experimentation with substances and tell them I have been clean for a while? May I ask if you have any experience with this?

I currently have a secret clearance. Just tell the truth user. they dont really give a shit about your past as long as youre not still doing drugs. The secret clearance is mainly to ensure you can be trusted and that yor family doesnt have ties with any countries hostile to the US to risk sensitive information getting into the wrong hands.

I don't, but I'm just going with my gut. Say it wasn't for you, or if you got caught and have a caution or whatever, claim that set you straight. Many cautions may be harder to blag, but if they were a while ago, you can pass it off as being young and dumb.

>had to get security for being in the military
>didn't tell them I smoked weed in high school
>get placed in a private screening for the unrelated reason of having two citizenships
>lady asked me a lot of questions over again that I had previously answered on paper
>Can't lie to her face when she asked me about drug usage
>Tell her I smoked weed "experimentally"
> She asks why I didn't put that on the paper originally
>scared it would disqualify me
> Got the clearance
I think they are lax about prior usage as long as you weren't a kingpin

you did the right thing the first time. YOu have to admit to it. They will interview your friends. Tell your friends to admit to the drug use. This other form is to see if you contradict yourself. Whatever you do keep telling the same story.

They can deal with people who used to use drugs. Happens all the time. They can not deal with people who lie about it.

relax, you're almost in.

My 3 references were 3 close friends whom ive smoked weed in the past with. Im 99 % positive that they will not contact those people as everyone i work with has a clearance and of the people ive asked, none of them had references contacted.

I guess to be on the safe side, let them know youre listing them as references. Refer to my post

Thank you so much user, you make me feel safe. I will tell the truth.

Yeah it was a while ago, im 24 now, im past my partying days.

Lie your ass off it is the governments way.

thing is, I not only used marijuana frequently, I experimented with cocaine, pills that were actually prescribed to me for my anxety and adhd such as adderrall and xanax. soooo, i guess i have a lot to be honest about?

You should be fine then I reckon.

Just cop to what you did, I assume a fair bit if weed, and possibly the odd line of columbian marching powder?

thanks user. Now as far as the drugs i have used please refer to this postSo admit to this as well? right?

now by fair bit of weed, yes i have held medical marijuana license for 3 consecutive years running from the age of 19-22. Im 24 now and will be 25 in two months. I have used my fair share of coke a couple times, like 6-7 times on separate occasions when partying. I also have used opiates a couple times for back pain from work, also prescription adderall and xanax, but that I only used as directed and even then I did not take freqently because I hated the effects of those things. Now what?

basically yes. especially if anyone knows you did it.

be consistent. be truthful.

I was interviewed for a friend of mine for his security clearance. He admitted to everything. He got the clearance and still has one to this day 25 years later.

He told me to to tell the truth.

Yeah, I think as long as you sugar-coat it and state that those days are behind you, I don't think it would be an issue.
There would be problems if you were actively using and planned to continue and told them that.

sounds good. Thank you user and all anons on this post.
kek. No I legitimately have no intention of ever using drugs again for any occasion or reason.