What were 00s alike in your country?

What were 00s alike in your country?
In Russia: Golden age. Prosperity and high salaries, people travel abroad on vacations, people buy flats and cars. Great youth subcultures. Emo, skaters, goths, punks. Medias were mostly about glamour life and shit, not this retarded putinist and religious propaganda 24/7. Level of freedom was great compared to what we have now. Economy boom, new buildings everywhere, malls instead of markets. Internet appeared, and there were way less schoolboys and bydlos.

same here tqbh

Wow she even got a bigger bulge that me!

Good for economy, shitty for everything else.

Lol you got a tiny dick

breddy good until 2009 and social media

gib back my poverty

>Great youth subcultures. Emo, skaters, goths, punks

Yes.

Was Poland poor in 00s?
Lol, if yes, it's totally the opposite with Russia. We were fucking great and now we are poor shithole again.

>everyone was rocking buzzcut
>baggy pants and overall baggy clothes, hoodies etc
>great MTV shows
>cool music althought some tracks trigger me to this day
>first intranets, no fb cancer

Best time ever

no, but looking back at it I think it was poorer than it is now

Shit, I wanna go back. If only it was possible to live 2007-2009 again...

life goes on, make 2017 your new 2007

worst decade in australian history

rise of chav culture and subequent anti-social violence epidemic
sharp rise in racial tension after the comparitivley peaceful and optimistic 90s, especially after 9/11 and 7/7
iraq war
resentment of blair government
nanny state
huge influx of immigrants
obsession with awful reality TV e.g. big brother, pop idol, later the x factor

i cant think of anything else but it was a pretty fucking awful decade for us desu

Best years weren't really 00s, 10-13 was the best. I think 20s will be alright as well, at least in my industry the salaries has finally caught up to the current dollar price. Quit your jobs, ruskies, get new ones. The salaries are better now.

>war
>recession
>cell phones

Nah I'm good, famalam

00s were pretty much the same in Turkey.Then Erdogan happened.

kek

Late 00s were pretty much 2017 without all the social media shit and normies flooding the internet en masse. This decade has been the most dull and unoriginal so far, literally nothing sets it apart.

It's impossible. No one would return laud back atmosphere, low prices, high income, subcultures.
>racial tension
Seriously? I was in UK in 2005 and it was peaceful as fuck.
>huge influx of immigrants
Yeah, I've noticed tons of Slav faces and Polish language everywhere. Didn't thought poles would move THAT massively.
>peaceful and optimistic 90s
Kek, we were Africa in 90s.

>flooding the internet en masse

can't wait for it to end tqbh

world would be better place again, I guess that made early 00s great, people didn't gave a shit about others or wierd trends, they focused on their own clique/friends

>10-13 was the best
Meh, they were spoiled with 2009 crisis already and political instability with all these protests.
>the salaries has finally caught up to the current dollar price. Quit your jobs, ruskies, get new ones. The salaries are better now.
What's your industry? I am an engineer, salaries are shit and no perspectives. The only things with prospects in Russia are police, FSB and business for poor people like collector agencies or second hands.

Ю щит фaгoт, now I'm sad. Wish I appreciated those times more.

Now you put it into perspective it really was shite

Weird considering the 90s was arguably the best decade ever for Britain

You're probably from Moscow if you think 00s were that good. My city had nothing but dial up up to 2006. Not exactly a fucking paradise. Nowadays the gap between Moscow and smaller cities isn't that noticable. We have the same shops, the same internet, same everything as Moscow.

I'm in a very specific little section of IT. When I was looking for a job in Moscow in 2015, I saw 60k-80k offers, now I'm seeing 80k-100k offers for the same kinds of jobs. Time to quit the job I got two years ago I guess

>m-m-muh ebil fones
Get with the times, autismo.

>Late 00s were pretty much 2017
Not in Russia. 2007 Russia and 2017 Russia are different countries. 2007 - prosperous country with happy people, freedoms, MTV, etc, 2017 - poor conservative authoritarian shithole with propaganda everywhere.

Yes, I am from Moscow.
>My city had nothing but dial up up to 2006
I had ADSL in 2003.
>Nowadays the gap between Moscow and smaller cities isn't that noticable
Because Moscow has turned into shit. Also of course boom first strikes the big cities.

Let me translate that for you: 2007 - your childhood, 2017 - adulthood. 2007 was full of conservative authoritarian propaganda as well, you just didn't notice it. We invaded Georgia in 2009 you know

>IT
Nice, but 90% of people aren't ITfags.

>2007 - your childhood
18 years old isn't childhood.
>you just didn't notice it
Are you serious? We had MTV, we had all this glamour shit, Prozhektorperishikton joking about Putin, almost no religious shit. A1 channel, totally free internet. Most of content was apolitical unlike 24/7 Kiselev.

>Because Moscow has turned into shit
No, it's just because the stuff only you guys had is now availiable to everyone. In 2000s only Moscow had big malls, Ikeas, fast food chains, international clothing brands, quality internet, it had online services like calling a taxi online or getting deliveries from foreign shops. We didn't have a goddamn McDonalds in our city in early 2000s, hard to imagine that now. Now everyone has that stuff, Moscow isn't special. The only special thing about Moscow today is that you make more money, but your rent is 2.5x-3x of my rent, so who cares.

>Prozhektorperishikton joking about Putin
It's back on you know. They were never REALLY joking about Putin, they were just sarcastic when they were praising him. Doing that now as well.

>MTV
shit
>proozhektorblablabla
shitnthat was stolen from western TV
So, 2006-7 were good, especially for teens.

i thought russia was always poor

Pre-90s we weren't just poor, we couldn't even leave the country because it was USSR, it was properly oppressive, not meme oppressive. 90s we were really poor, on the verge of collapse. 00s we were growing, 10s are meh

>Great youth subcultures
Lol

i wish you guys were still ussr. my dad said you could live like a king for a week there if you managed to smuggle a pair of jeans and stockings

the aughts are weirdly, or maybe appropriately, lacking in any kind of identity. You say 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, there is immediately an image or feeling that comes to you, and identity of the decade.
The aughts were just...they happened.
I guess.

Most uneventful, bland, identity lacking time of all...

In Russia it had identity. Internet, MTV, emo, economy boom, glamour, offices and managers.

wew it's like everyone had a swell time during the economic boom years before the recession.

who would have thought.

We're currently at the same level as before the crisis, still people are complaining about it.

>second band boom
>texting capital of the world
>Friendster and blingshit
>political scandals (Remember Hello Garci?)
>reality-type talent shows
>fantasy dramas
>more floods