/lang/ - Language Learning thread

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards.

lingvist.com/
>It's kinda like Clozemaster in the sense that you get a sentence and have to fill in the missing word, also has nice statistics about your progress, grammar tips and more information about a word (noun gender, verb aspects for Russian, etc.)

ankisrs.net/
>A flash card program

clozemaster.com/languages
>Clozemaster is language learning gamification through mass exposure to vocabulary in context.Can be a great supplementary tool, not recommended for absolute beginners.

tatoeba.org/eng/
>Tatoeba is a collection of sentences and translations with over 300 hundred languages to chose from.

radio.garden/
>Listen to radio all around the world through an interactive globe

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JN01tWVF
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAED3UIDNQ_5e6w5-Wg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pastebin.com/JN01tWVF
>Few more resources that didn't fit into OP

Why bother?
No more than 8 posts at best before it hits the limit.

coi .i pe'i pei lo runbau cu .inda lo ka su'o da ce'u skicu fo lo ka bangu

This

is

bump

honhonhon Canadabro

Official /lang/ Telegram group:
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAED3UIDNQ_5e6w5-Wg

Mon aïeul :)

Gonna die

no.

>>What language are you learning?
Hungarian. Extremely steep learning curve, so difficult to retain vocabulary (let alone do anything useful with it).

What means "inda"?

What attracted you to Hungarian in the first place. Just curious.

coi .ui

Unfortunately I don't know much lojban .uinai It's logical grammar is beautiful though.

Has anyone had any luck with learning Finnish? I've heard it's hard but really want to be able to shitpost with the Finns

"x1 is worth x2-ing". Borrowed shamelessly from Esperanto.

It's not a bother, takes 1 min to post this shit lmao
I just want the resources out there mostly I know there ain't much to talk about it.

Greek (modern, I'm not masochistic). It's an obviously fucked and ass backwards language so I'm loving it. A little bit harder than I expected, except the pronunciation is basically Spanish with a Russian accent so I already had a decent accent from the start (I speak Spanish.

Stfu faggot, I like these threads. Sup Forums should focus more on language learning than just talking in English or Spanish or pinoy. Sup Forums programs and modifies stuff, /lit/ reads and writes, /k/ shoots and stabs, Sup Forums elects presidents.

Sup Forums should stop being a boring fucking board for anime weebs who want to interact with other anime weebs, and focus on learning or doing more.

/lang/ threads are good options for that as far as I'm concerned.

This, it's fucking ridiculous how the /general/ mindset has set in stone. It's all a fucking chatroom of different languages barely interacting with each others.
Surely we can have among that a relatively serious thread that's actually useful

I've had an urge to learn Chinese (Mandarin) this week. It's such an intriguing language and it's history is virtually isolated from western history until the 1800s. But i'm never going to spend more time than a holiday in China and it's apparently 4+ years until you can read comfortably read.

Gotta stick to Russian.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy
Your post reads pretty uneventfully and then you drop that fucking punchline

I somehow think you also need to learn for like 4 years to become fluent in Russian.

Just stick with Russian. When I learn languages I constantly get the urge to drop them and do something else, which always leaves me feeling worse for having not continued.

I'm also learning Russian for at least the third time, and I'm not making any progress on how I was 2 years ago because I keep quitting to learn some other shite.

Just learn it

Interesting choice!
What level are you at right now?
Also why on earth would you want to learn Hungarian, is there a grill involved?

Holy shit that's some hardcore sadness. Unironically reminded me of the last time I was in Hungary and how depressing the countryside there is.

I want to learn French since it's the second international language, it would be the most useful to learn. I haven't tried very hard. I downloaded all the old Simpsons episodes dubbed, since I know exactly how they all go, I could just absorb it all? Mais non, apparently I have to pay more attention and actually learn shit. I'm too ADHD for that shit

>useful

))))))))))))))

Yeah you're right dude, I should learn some Ukraine so I can make some small talk with the guy in the shittest part of the city threatening to stab me but I don't see him holding any knife

What the fuck are you on about, you buttmad bogan?

What I meant is that the concept of "useful languages" is fucking retarded (unless you're learning it for a legit, undeniably solid reason, like if your boss suddenly goes "we're sending you to Thailand to open a local office of the company and you're in charge, better start learning the lingo"). That's like thinking what TV show to watch and deciding you'd watch House of Cards because it's useful for understanding the American political system, or House MD because it's useful as a source of random medicine-related info.

you sure seem pretty steamed for someone calling me buttmad
Because i'm Australian, I plan to be Australian for the rest of my life, we don't have a Mexico or Finland next door. I don't need to learn any other languages at all. None of them are useful. So I can choose any I want. I was going to say Latin, because that really if my first choice, but I knew I would get called a nerd for that shit and now here I am getting criticized for wanting to learn the language that half of my passport is written in
I don't mind about the bogan comment I am from Maylands after all

Latin is 10/10, syntactically orgasmic tbqhwy famm8. It's really hard, especially for an Anglo who's probably never heard of grammatical cases or the neuter gender, but worth it. Go for it

I know what they are, I know Latin has about 16 of them, I didn't know if I could stay committed

Kek, just 6 actually. It does have a pretty intimidating array of verb tenses though, and past historic is as fucked as in French, but otherwise it's pretty easy to learn the paradigms (plus there's just 4 declensions, for a classical language that's pretty damn merciful). The real difficulty of Latin is in the syntax, but that's exactly what makes it worth the effort.

The issue I see is there's no real way to immerse yourself. There's plenty of texts, but not really any TV shows or anything

It's not a living language, you won't feel like you need more immersion because of that. It feels like a language for reading ancient fags' blog posts about conquering Gallia or philosophical treatises and such, and that's exactly what you'll have on hand

But user, you don't need to know finnish in order to shitpost with the finns.

I assumed with it I could speak with Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese and their bastard colonies at about 75% comprehension level?

Lmao, no, they're all very divergent. They're honestly closer to English than Classical Latin at this junction. Hint: if you want le key to all of Romance world, learn Spanish

Nigga, you won't learn French from the Simpson.

There is a fundamental difference between study and practice in form of consuming authentic material and you won't understand anything aimed at native speakers outside of your text book anytime soon.

I actually have interests in Russian other than thinking the language is interesting so my motivation is more sustainable.

I'm learning German.

I'm getting alot from my class but sadly it's only super easy tourist stuff. I'm learning alot on my own though so I might reach decent conversational German within a decade.

Memorising verbs is priority 1 right now.

> alot
> twice
I'd finish learning English first, mate.

>Sup Forums programs and modifies stuff
No one there does, really.

>tfw trying to immerse yourself in the language you're learning
>tfw no interesting german websites
>tfw i only bother posting on Sup Forums and krautchan is dead

I expected it to be easier, but it's impossible. I can't force myself to read stuff I'm not really interested in when the only few websites I frequent are in English and have no German equivalents.

i started learning chinese two weeks ago. any tips?

Get that one app that makes you draw the characters. Only thing I'm aware of.

Any vodkarune reader in here?
Trying to not get asbestos poisoning.

GP-7K3-92-47

If that's what you're asking for

Well, that at least tells me it's from a GP7. Not too sure if the last numbers are a date.
But it shouldn't contain any asbestos in that case.

What is that? An MRE type-thing?

muh heritage

One side of my family is Italian, the other Hungarian; but I always had closer ties to the Italian side and I spent some time in Italy learning the language. Wanted to try Hungarian for the challenge.

Level: very beginner. Trying to build some vocabulary through clozemaster; basic understanding of some grammar concepts (ex. case endings and vowel harmony, word order is still a problem), but not enough practice with them.

It's a gas mask filter. A russian one at that- And old Russian filters all contain one thing, asbestos.
Not this one tho.

Yes.