How bad it is to start a second degree? (free tuition)

How bad it is to start a second degree? (free tuition)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi
vice.com/en_us/article/the-japanese-are-dying-for-work
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not as bad as posting anime on the internet

nothing wrong with posting anime on an anime imageboard

I don't want to kms tho

>2017
>Not wanting to kill yourself
Stop being a hipster

Not as bad as posting anime desu

you can't trick me into wanting to kms myself again

no!

I'm trying to help you

Just teasing you! How have you been?

Why not work instead of wasting time on studying?

>How bad it is
How do you measure whether something is 'bad'?

If you got a BA in Sociology and now claim social welfare and probably will for the rest of your life, then getting a degree in Pharmacology and discovering the cure for caner would clearly be a good, even virtuous, thing for you to do.

If you're a medical doctor and now want to get a degree in Latin American poetry that's going to come from the taxpayer's pocket, you're doing something bad.

ty

Good, passing the days, you?

My job prospects are relatively crappy.

have a degree in biochem/biomed, looking to do a degree in engineering now because a bunch of things didn't work out for me

Busy and procrastinating, not bad though

>not getting a STEM degree
You only need one degree in STEM to get a high paying job, a masters will do with recommendations. Everything else is just a meme. And once you get a job it's the experience that matters. Your goal should be to make money. An engineering degree is what's hot right now. So just get one in the fields of energy(nuclear or petrol), farming/agriculture(should be genetic/chem) engineering, robotics, or machine learning/AI(the latest meme)(should deal either neural networks, neurology or cognitive sciences) Computer science degrees are also a meme since every 12 year old learns that stuff from being a script kiddie and only old people/fags actually pay to learn that stuff

one thing I've learned is to just finish what's ahead and not procrastinate, makes me feel a lot better

problem is I work best under pressure so I can't always do things ahead of time, maybe it's different for you

As in a second bachelors degree or a masters degree?

2nd bachelors

would rather not do a masters in science

I just don't know how to motivate.myself, plus i always have little assignments to do and drain my motivations

>Everything else is just a meme.
You've heard of, for example, finance, economics and law, right?

>Your goal should be to make money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi
vice.com/en_us/article/the-japanese-are-dying-for-work

OP, don't listen to this dullard. There's more to life than earning 80k per annum rather than 60k. You unironically can't put a price on a satisfied mind.

>have a degree in biochem/biomed, looking to do a degree in engineering now
If you want to do it, do it. You don't have a family to support, three or four years or whatever it is won't matter to you when you're eighty looking back.

to be fair I only care about money though I did read a study that says peoples' satisfaction remains the same with incomes above 75k

what about software engineering? or civil engineering?

Free tuition in canada? No way. Or you are a special case?

software is a great field as long as you land good coops

civil not so much

>to be fair I only care about money
What's the problem with biomed, then? It's hardly liberal arts.

tuition is around 7k/year

3-4k academic scholarship just for grades and the rest is free if your family is poor

I wanted to come to the states for optometry/medical school but the tuition is ridiculous, would land me in 250-400k usd debt which I'd have had to spend 1/2 of my working life paying off which sucks, really wish you guys didn't have such retarded tuition for private professional schools

I can easily land a dead end lab job or some position in health canada, though as I said, it's dead end with no way up the ladder

>tuition is around 7k/year
About the same here in public schools.

> 250-400k
kek that's insane. i would think that only the most prestigious private schools are that expensive.

aside from in-state schools (15-25k/year), med/dental/optometry schools all run from 40-70k usd/year

I was honestly surprised to learn that people pay 20k+/year for undergrad degrees