Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1840

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

DJT WILL CEASE ITS ACTIVITIES ON Sup Forums IF THIS THREAD DIES edition.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/thread/67851724/#67860159
mega.nz/#F!JdgAXbpR!KW4yx1nN6EMX98_WtKpxPg
seesaawiki.jp/w/alfirin/d/��ҳ��Ѹ켭ŵ����#content_1_23
apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#templates
youtube.com/watch?v=F1j1Zx0mXME&yt:cc=on
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you have to have two DJT threads? Just go to the Japanese thread if you love Sup Forums so much

It's probably too late to save DJT now, since it's late night and most of the old posters probably forgot about it.
So what are you guys doing once DJT dies? Personally, I will try to use the time that was being eaten up by lurking DJT to actually do some reading.
There's only 20% learning cards left on my RTK deck, the rest are all mature or suspended. Once I'm almost completely done with getting all mature cards, I'll probably delete it. The reason for this is that my core 6k deck is starting to grow really large and it's eating up a lot of my time.
It's really sad that DJT might be going, this thread was the thing that motivated me to move away from a shitty and demoralizing tutor into doing some actual learning by myself, and it also gave me all the resources I needed (Unlike the IMABI/Genki shills on reddit). I literally wouldn't be here were it not for DJT. I'd probably be the same unmotivated cunt who couldn't understand basic sentences.
I'm going to miss DJT, but I always felt this was going to happen, and I'm not really that mad it is happening. As it stands right now, I'd say DJT was a pretty good crutch, but I was going to outgrow it eventually, and it might be a good idea to let go around now.
Fuck it, I'm probably rambling, but it's really late and it makes me really sad to see DJT go.

Nice pic, it's my lifequest to nail this bitch someday.

So what now? I like that Argentinean's idea of going to /qa/ and doing something about that BR gatekeeping the /jp/ thread. It could make /jp/'s DJT actually browsable and it's better than having no DJT at all.

A few threads back I suggested changing the name and format to something more open-ended, as the current one doesn't do a good job of luring potential learners in and comes across as a bit circlejerky (see for example: this seems to be the general opinion on DJT from an outsider's perspective). The fact is simply that Sup Forums attracts a different crowd than Sup Forums or /jp/, most people will just ignore Sup Forums Thread #2481 with an anime OP picture. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this.

The /jp/ DJT thread is full of autists

But what would we change it to?

Honestly? Maybe the Discord meme could be real, if mods over /jp/ won't allow any leeway for people to fight back the cancerous posters over there, we might as well try to keep in touch and preserve a bit of the userbase we had here. Is it possible to do it anonymously? Never used that crap.

That's what I intend to do if push comes to shove, although the mix of people trying to learn and people trying to chit-chat would be annoying for both.

Hmm, now would be a good time to exchange usernames for whatever we use.
What would be best? Twitter? Discord? Neopets?

I could make a discord and post the link here

Neopets. Hit me up Death_Kougra666_Hokage

Go ahead.

I would be fine with a generic "Japanese learning thread" or something of the sort.

>Is it possible to do it anonymously?
Not on Discord, but I think you can make anonymous IRC channels. I assume some posters would have a bit of a hard time adapting to a new platform, though.

Also don't really understand what's up with this BR autist thing, but it reminds me a lot of the Sakura autist witch hunt that ruined so many Sup Forums threads. Please don't make the same mistake.

Actually, now that I think about it, a Discord probably won't last long, so we should probably take advantage of it to discuss what we're going to do on /qa/. We schedule a time, and we meet to decide.

discord gg neA547g

これ日本語スレじゃない?
日本語で話せ(・∀・)

Btw, keep in mind that /qa/ is currently frozen and will probably be deleted soon.

いいえ、出来ないスレだぞ!
ここにいたら日本語で話すのはやっぱり全然出来ない。

/qa/ is useless, it's practically slow-mo SFW Sup Forums.

練習しないと絶対に上達しないぞ(・∀・)

Well there's gotta be something we can do. Is there really no other way to communicate with mods?
Literally all that needs to be done is get the BR fag banned. Moving to Sup Forums would also be cool and good but it's not as much of a priority as kicking that fuck out.

No, it literally is an autistic BR, people on /jp/'s DJT said they disliked the over-moderation and the BR's attitude but they don't do anything about it because "it's thanks to him that we have this thread". All these posts were of course promptly deleted afterwards.

So what's up and who's this BR that everyone's talking about

Some Brazilian cunt managed to convince the admins to let DJT split to Sup Forums and /jp/ instead of just Sup Forums. Dude now has the mods in his pockets and autistically flips his shit at anyone who dares have a different method than him, getting posts deleted and people banned in the process.

See and subsequent replies to know more.

The feedback page or the Sup Forums IRC channel, probably, but I don't know if they would listen.

OK, but how can you be so sure? I don't lurk DJT every day, so I don't know if any real evidence has been brought up. but to me it just reads like another one of those Sakura autist/argumentative autist things.

Must be a recent thing then? I remember djt been good like A week or two ago

There is a BR who only shows up here on Sup Forums to shitpost writing like a retard, he does it in /jp/ and is only Deleted when another person starts arguing with him - else it's a free pass. He likes /jp/ because he can "blend-up" in the crowd and pretend no one can notice.

He was present in the Sup Forumsint/qa/jp/ wars, almost sure he was the one ban evading and recreating DJT over Sup Forums every couple minutes until he ran out of gas.

DJT used to have 5 BR regulars in total, though.

There's this that happens to not just me but many others, but this goes back to when the split happened, because the BR was the one mouthing off, spaming Sup Forums with DJT and making threads on /qa/ asking mods to let DJT be on /jp/. I believe they let him do it, telling him to make sure to self moderate, and so he made DJT over there into a safespace where the wrong opinion gets you banned. If it were not for him, the autism would be greatly toned down over there and we might actually be able to make it a half decent thread if we join them.

I'd suggest the Japanese learning thread on 8ちゃんねる but I don't think it would be appealing due to the site affiliation. Unfortunate, given that it has KC multiple image and webm with sound uploading ability. The threads are also basically static so if a handful of anons here went there, they would become the thread traffic. No /jp/ autism or janny either.
Problem is that it has even less visibility than /jp/, meaning that new learners would be rarer than on Sup Forums.
There is also a Japanese learning thread on wizardchan, using the op resources. It is slow but once again, the site affiliation is likely going to be viewed as a net negative to anons here.
Those are the other two running DJT based threads I am aware of, in the context of an anonymous imageboard format.

>Is there really no other way to communicate with mods?
Not really. Mods have had a general hatred for anons since word go. I came across a screencap from the official IRC a week or two ago. A board was being flooded with my little pony shit, I think it was /qa/, and the response for asking why mods aren't dealing with global rule breaking stuff was to tell the user to go fuck himself, that he didn't give a shit about the board.
If the hotpockets openly don't care about entire boards then I would imagine they are going to be equally apathetic to a general thread which was recentlyish moved from Sup Forums.

pic unrelated, found it cute and wanted to post it

I visited /jp/ a few weeks ago, around mid-March, and it was shit. There was a discussion going on where some autist flipped out over a translation taking liberties so as to not sound like shit.

Also, in case anyone remembers or cares: In a couple months, I will be paying 10 dollars on Dogen's Patreon to get access to his last videos. I'll send them to the dude who runs the guide's website and post them on 日本語スレッド if anyone still cares.

I'll be going to sleep in a few minutes, once I'm done with a certain part of a game I'm playing. Goodbye DJT, Argie poster signing off for the last time. Good knowing you guys, I'll see you around 日本語スレッド. I may check the Discord tomorrow so please try to get some discussion going there.

おやちゅみなちゃい。

hmm.. why not just have everyone merge with the JT on here? its fine to talk in english and to ask questions too over there

wiz chan would be a no by virtue of the site's philosophy 4+4's wouldnt be as bad since the only people that truly sperg about 8 is just Sup Forums and Sup Forums due to obvious reasons. The mods really have a hate boner since ..... left a few years back?

I will certainly keep browsing the Sup Forums japanese thread, but to plop DJT on top of it is israel-tier. They've been around for a while, and invading a well-established general is sort of disrespectful to the people there.

I see, back when DJT was first moved from Sup Forums I quit the thread for about a month because I thought by then things would be mostly settled, so I wasn't around for that. I'm only asking because this looks way too similar to the previous Sup Forums incident.

Sakura autist:
>responsible for every single shitpost in the thread, spends 16+ hours a day shitposting
>also, we know which country he lives in

BR autist:
>can make the mods do anything he wants even though he's just a regular user
>also, we know which country he lives in

Keep in mind that since /jp/ doesn't have flags and there are usually well over 100 IPs, you might be mistaken in assuming that it's just one person.

8gag would be alright, but I don't know how I feel about invading another community's space all of a sudden (same reason why I'm not entirely comfortable with merging with JT), especially when we probably outnumber them... Maybe if they were OK with it.

just merge the two threads in spirit rather than in name... and i dont mind nor do i think other mind too. its a japanese thread and i seen some very basic question that gets asked there and we helped them out

>wiz chan would be a no by virtue of the site's philosophy
Japanese learning threads aren't for talking about sex so that wouldn't be an issue.
The early goons disliked the anons because moot and his crew were arrogant teenagers, which founded the moderation culture. They've only become more disconnected and apathetic over the years. I suppose you could view it in comparison to the BR user being mentioned in this thread in regard to gatekeeping, only instead of one user it is a handful them and the aggressive gatekeeping has long since faded into a general apathy or at worse when interest spikes, a general disgust of anons. The take away is that they aren't useful if you want someone to discuss site related things with.

Yeah I guess, it's not like there are many of us left here on the Sup Forums DJT anyway, so we would probably not have a big presence there.

There is a good chance the BR was there being autistic on Sup Forums's DJT. You could see him flip out because of the flags after the move to Sup Forums, and then on the /jp/ DJT he would accuse every post he didn't like as being "falseflaggers" and "self-replies", obviously projecting because that's what he does all the time to feign consensus for his autism. It was quite clear he was one particular person as opposed to Sakura autist, because the flags on here made that clear enough.

>Maybe if they were OK with it.
You'd have to have a look for yourself to get an idea. The impression I've gotten from checking those threads once every few weeks or so is that they would appreciate more traffic.
It is on their Sup Forums board, searching the catalogue for "djt" should be enough. You'd see the familiar op, etc.
Due to the pace the past two threads were content agnostic, with anons talking about learning using video games, anime, manga, drama shows, visual novels, etc. Kind of like a super slow and ultra relaxed variant of the threads on Sup Forums.

ここはアメリカのサイトだからね。
共通語として英語を使ってしまう以上、
日本語になんの必然性も無い。
必然性のない言語が成長した試しは無い。
上達しなくても、
ただの研究対象でいいと思うよ。

what are the differences between our Sup Forums and 4+4 Sup Forums? excluding them needing more traffic and the content agnosticism

そうした方がいいと思うよ。

Eh, I still don't quite buy it, but there isn't anything I can say at this point. I'd have to look through the weeks of archived threads myself to reach a conclusion/

Exactly my point: wouldn't the easygoing atmosphere be ruined if we suddenly flooded in? If we're going to go through with this idea, one of us should first post there and see what they think.

ありがとうございます先輩

I'm certainly not going there, I mostly phonepost and the mobile version sucks.

優しい後輩だよね ('ω' )

The Sup Forums on 4+4 is a million times slower and appears to have threads which would be on /m/ and /wsg/ over here. Less autism? Don't really spend much time lurking threads so I can't say all that much.

Discord ID: neA547g
(You can access it via browser, no install required.)

We don't intend making it a permanent place, but we want to avoid losing all communication like these 2~3 days without a DJT. If you need somewhere to stay up to date, go there.

Here are the regulars I can remember from the top of my head who still have to show up and may be unaware of this. If you can give us a heartbeat, just quote here. If you're not on the list, state so too.

[x] Argentina1
[ ] Argentina2
[x] Australia1
[ ] Australia2
[x] Brazil1
[x] Brazil2
[ ] Brazil3
[x] Canada
[ ] Finland1
[ ] Finland2
[ ] France
[ ] Germany
[ ] Greece
[ ] India
[ ] Japan (English speaker)
[ ] Japan (New Zealand)
[ ] Philippines
[ ] Russia
[ ] UK
[x] USA1
[ ] USA2
[ ] USA3
[ ] Vietnam

I'm a Canada but if there's others I'm okay with being Canada 2 or 3.

I doubt you are referring to me, I post maybe twice a week at most.

I'm also Canada and only post here a few times a week too...I'm not the one who was making the military deck and I've never used Discord, if that helps to identify me.

>military deck
That's me, neat, people remember me.

I've never used Discord either how does that ID thing work?
Progress is really slow by the way, I think there was a Brazilian who made the google sheet I have, is he fairing any better?

Check last thread, Australia made a deck because you went MIA.

As for the ID, just enter on the site, try to join a new server and it'll ask you for the ID.

Also did a v3 ever get posted of this, I like it?

I've tried making one of them myself but I had a hard time organizing everything.

That's awesome, it's 404'd I think though

It's dead, but still archived (and even then, it goes to desuarchive after that). The v3 is over there, too, Ctrl+F v3.

Of course we remember you, the other day I referred to you here and we ended up arguing for 1 hour about english grammar points. Your absence caused quite the ruckus.

>I'm a productive canuck yet not as selflessly as the other one you're referring to.

You guys make me want to work harder.

I found both, thank you.

I really like the infographic, helps organize what I've been learning/need to learn a lot.

What do I do with an .anki2 file?

At least you understood the sentence, because apparently it was constructed it a way that triggered 2-3 other anons for quite some time.

in*

I'd join to give the illusion of liveliness but I've only been studying for a month.

desuarchive.org/int/thread/67851724/#67860159
Here is BRautist trying to shut down "off-topic" conversation that was detrimental to his mod friends.

There were several posts like this, both from BR and NZ. I think there was a Finnish guy too.

After /jp/ accepted them, the anti-DJT posts suddenly disappeared from Sup Forums. Magical, huh?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, that just looks like "if I can't stay on Sup Forums, I want other generals removed too!" and his reply confirms that: But again, I'm missing the proper context.

Reading a bit further down that thread, this post caught my eye: Did anything come from this?

I post probably 4 days a week, been doing this for about 6 or 7 months. Just joined the Discord, I'm probably not one of the USAs on your list though if I had to guess.

To be honest I only use these threads for information and resource related things, like the below post. Not really a social person, which is why I don't like the 日本語スレ on Sup Forums. Discord isn't something I've used before but I'll give it a go a little bit later. That would make me Australia2 I guess.

Is Discord an instant messenger platform like IRC? I'll look it into it anyway so consider this a heartbeat.

Woo, finally caught you.
I'm the user who threw together that Google sheet. Also mocked up a generic Anki deck based on it. Mega folder link:
mega.nz/#F!JdgAXbpR!KW4yx1nN6EMX98_WtKpxPg

Uploading the deck with media/fonts at the moment.
This was the previous post on the subject:
Was it just vocab you were after or did you want a kanji focus as well?

No, I was the one reporting generals (and getting banned for doing so), I'm pointing to the BR replying and trying to "enforce rules", that good boy pose went on for days.

He even said he was "trying to act like GOOD BOI" so mods would see how civilized DJT was and /jp/ would take us in.

But earlier, you (?) said he was spamming Sup Forums at the time: Isn't that the exact opposite? I can't help but feel that you guys are projecting multiple unrelated things onto a single boogeyman because it's more convenient that way, like the similar incidents that happened during our Sup Forums tenure.

Or could it be the overly skeptical Brazilian is just /jp/'s BRautist trying to do some damage control?

Guess we'll never know.

>Woo, finally caught you.
It's not really much of a catch though, I don't have really much to offer the deck.

You did all this by using a Google sheet then transferring it all onto Anki instead of making a bunch of individual cards?

I'll check back in the morning, thanks for making the deck, appreciate the effort

I'll check back in the morning before work.

いろいろブラジル人がいますね

It's hard not to be skeptical when suddenly a single poster that I had never heard of until today is responsible for the thread's downfall, and he happens to have the same flag as me, and this whole debacle is giving me serious deja vu because I witnessed multiple threads become unusable after people decided that tilting at windmills was a good use of their time.

>You did all this by using a Google sheet then transferring it all onto Anki instead of making a bunch of individual cards?
An excel sheet before copy/pasting to a plain text file saved in UTF-8 encoding, but more or less.
Screw making decks card by card, yo.

If the thread is dead and you don't mind discord, post any questions you have regarding this in the linked chat here
Going off what I've been told, you can post whenever and other anons will be able to check later without it going away.

>Imperial flag
What was meant by this?

fixed that for you

俺の寝る前に最後のバンプだよ

スレの死が迫っている

If it dies, it dies.

But seriously if it dies, someone can simply remake it tomorrow and we can keep discussing this situation, people clearly have a lot to say about it.

A celebration of rebirth, perhaps?

What's 'qk' mean? I assume it's gaming slang.

休憩、a break.
This is from the Uncharted Waters Online wiki, but I figure it generally applies for online gaming and stuff. Similar to AFK, I guess.
Here:
seesaawiki.jp/w/alfirin/d/��ҳ��Ѹ켭ŵ����#content_1_23

>休憩
Right, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

fixed

Completely lost me on that one, user.

>That's what I intend to do if push comes to shove, although the mix of people trying to learn and people trying to chit-chat would be annoying for both.
Fuck off, the Japanese thread has nothing to do with learning. Stay out.

Not entirely sure the anons here would even want to use that chatroom general, or else this thread would have been merged with the other thread a while ago. It's rather cancerous in all honesty.

almost 3 years.
Off an on probably 2.5 years of active studying...ive given up besides watching lets plays to relax.

Its a huge waste of time all of it especially since im nearly retarded literally...why didnt i just do something with technology or anything else...i guess im better but not nearly as good as spending as much time as i had...im still going to keep going subtly with anime and all that but fuck man...

I wish you guys would stay with /jp/ instead of this hellhole. Theres already a jap thread for shitposting

Is there any difference at all between 朝ごはん and 朝食?
Are 昼ごはん and 晩ごはん actual words too or do people say 昼食 and 夕飯 instead?

They're all used pretty frequently.

I see, thank you. I was just curious since [朝 / 昼 / 夕]ごはん is easier to remember.

>DJT WILL CEASE ITS ACTIVITIES ON Sup Forums IF THIS THREAD DIES edition.
なぜ(´・ω・`)

The thread has been dying due to low activity these past few days.

強いて言えば...恐怖です

>強いて
For some reason I really like how this sounds when used in speech.
(^ρ^)

Good.

/jp/ is for the serious learners.

>/jp/ is for the serious autists.
Fixed that for you.

its ok you're unlikely to need it
if someone was that pushy from japan it would be odd

The relevance of need is heavily obfuscated thanks to the Internet, where we discuss things and in manners which rarely if ever occur outside of the wired.

The matter of seriousness or not aside, I'd just like a place where it is possible to discuss raw manga in the context of Japanese learners, with the condition that piracy, etc. is allowed to be discussed.
For whatever reason there are some anons who seem against the idea of discussing manga on /jp/ and go out of their way to kneejerk when it is brought up, usually trying to insinuate that the medium isn't valid and user ought be reading light novels or visual novels instead. Makes for a shitty environment.
The two or three raw manga threads on Sup Forums which appeared during the transition period after the daily Japanese general thread was moved were actually more enjoyable at least to me than most of anything else, but trying to do that on Sup Forums now is a bit of a fools errand since anons would rather watch the adaptations than read the source.
Maybe that is a delusional idea to begin with.

how do you change the font on your Anki deck? (desktop version)

Bookmark the Anki manual webpage, user. It can be a lifesaver.
apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#templates
youtube.com/watch?v=F1j1Zx0mXME&yt:cc=on